It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whos prediction is really the best about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
hello,

after reading many different books, websites etc on the coming years, disasters, spiritual enlightenment etc, i would like to pose the question,

"who really has the best idea out there, what is most believable, whos work is the most serious and genuine and not just there to make a quick buck???

i have been reading lots of Drunvalo Melchiezedek and his information regarding the elders and polar shift is very interesting. what do others think of this idea, and is there anyone else out there with equally genuine perceptions of the coming years???

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think the most believeable is the most simple one.

The mayans where very accurate in astronomy, their calander seems to be all about astronomy.

So in my opinion the ending at 2012 obviously has to do with astronomy, whatever that means I don't know.

But it must be something significant, similar to our calendar ending every year at day 356 because that's how long it takes for the earth to go aroud the sun.

So yes I believe that's the most simple and logical theory.

The rest of the theories are random people making random guesses or making up things out of their imagination as if they are real, trying to tell us they know the unknown when they do not.

If the theories of a great change, evolution, happy days to come. really are true, then it would be because of something significant in astronomy, but most of that is people hoping and making random guesses, then it spreads around as if they are facts.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have chosen to put my hopes into what Hidden_Hand and what the Law of One books have to say....

I don't believe many will... but quite honestly when reading that message it did make the most sense to me of all proposed theories.

I'm not going to be hiding in my basement counting down the days to 2012, but I do believe there will be an event. What event? Let's see on Dec 21 2012.

I do also submit to the idea that if this date comes to pass, I am done with all this hokey pokey. It's hard enough to choke down the average post on ATS as it is.. but I am holding out hope...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We all wish something amazing would happen, something beautiful.... we need it, the world needs it.

Sometimes I wish life was more like those beautiful fantasy worlds we imagine.... but it's just a fantasy...

Can wishes come true? .......

[edit on 27-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I am fond of Terrence McKenna's "Timewave Zero" theory when it comes to 2012. He never really came out and said what he thinks will happen in 2012, it could be anything from destruction to the discovery of time travel. I am doing the theory zero justice but there are a few threads on here that serve it well. I suggest reading up on it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
no ones!!! no one will know what will happen in 2012...until we are in 2012. i used to be a believer in this but ive seen soooo many predictions come and go that ive totally lost faith in the whole thing

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Dr Karl .

when a calendar comes to the end of a cycle, it just rolls over into the next cycle. In our Western society, every year 31 December is followed, not by the End of the World, but by 1 January. So 13.0.0.0.0 in the Mayan calendar will be followed by 0.0.0.0.1 - or good-ol' 22 December 2012, with only a few shopping days left to Christmas."

Here is the explanation of what is going to happen. No Doomsday in 2012

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have a few people who i would like to believe is quite interesting and credable in there research.

Jay Weider

Jordan Maxwell - here he exposes the Illuminati and here his Hompage

David Wilcock

Valery Uvarov

With the researching i do on 2012 and what not, i tend to lean towards Ancient Civalizations and Ancient Texts. Its quite remarkable that the Ancient texts are giving us warnings of whats to come, or indeed has already begun!

The thing about 2012, in my opinion, is that regardless of all the conspiracy's going around there's one thing we can be absolutely sure of, and thats Climate Change. Most researchers claim its going to effect the planet in such a bad way that there will be alot of pain and suffering, both human and animals.

I believe 2012 is just this - end of an old era and the start of a new one with humanity rising to a new level of spiritual awareness. In addition to this, i believe the Earth will expirience not so much as a pole shift [ tho im not knocking it ] but rather a solar storm that at this moment, is already showing signs of Havoc on the Earth. Climate change is happening at an alarming rate right now. As we move forward into 2010/2011 it will get ALOT worse! This is what we should be preparing for, the saftey of OUR lives as this Earth change becomes more dominant. Forget about that nonsense in which people talk of the Mayan calander being the " end times ".......Please!!!!

.....and breath, relax, and hit the reply tab

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
there is no good prediction its all a load of rubbish.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Dr X]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
whos prediction is really the best about 2012?

MINE. Here it is - increased solar storm activities will cause some problems but otherwise - it's just life continuing on as we know it. No space aliens disclosing themselves and no TEOTWAWKI.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whatever happens, it will get worse before it gets better,both the political and actual climates are changing rapidly.
As for a pole shift, i was taught that they take hundreds of years to complete, and yes there will be climate upheavals as a result of this.
Niribu is another matter, IF it exists and IF it comes as close as they say,
it will of course do tremendous damage, reshaping continents kind of damage-so we are all up s**t creek.
As far as i can see-even if NOTHING happens in 2012-we are heading for serious flooding etc as the earth warms up.
Alternative energy sources do exist but are being repressed at all costs,
even so, i think it's a case of too little too late.
Enjoy the years you have left on this planet and respect other beings,
-Technocrat-

new topics

join