It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cage match Bear Gryls ManvWild or Les Stroud Survivor Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
All right in a cage match who would you bet on and why. Young Buck Bear or Ole Salty Dog Les.

I would vote for Bear. Young buck military trained and he has to keep his camera man safe throughout the adventure. Where as Les is by himself for all but one episode.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

JbT

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I dont think Les has any fighting training. So the ex SAS Bear, not to mention I belive black/brown belt karate artist has the upper hand I think.

Bear is one strong dude. The guy fell from 1600 ft with a ripped parachute, thought he had enough time to fix the problem instead of going for the reserve and ended up landing on his back, breaking 3 vertebra. He then rehabbed and climbed Ama Dablam & Everest, crossed the north atlantic on a rubber boat, flew over Everest on a Paramotor.... heck, just read his wiki page

Les is an outdoors man foremost and musician, of course survival expert. But I see nothing to suggest that he has any skills when it comes down to a fight.

You can also see it in their shows. Les is always deliberate, cautious and calculated, relying mostly on his wisdom and knowledge rather than physical strenght. Given, he carrys his own camera's also - But you dont see Les jumping from a helo down a snow shelf to open a show. I dont think he trust his own abilitys to do that kind of physical stunt.

Therefore, Bear's physical dominance; the overpowering agility, speed, and endurance. I would take Bear over Les in a cage fight.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by JbT]

new topics

join