It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we at ATS can create the worlds most powerful secret society

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
Also, if we are going to do this then we need to exclude cluckerspud.

I don't have anything against cluckerspud but his avatar makes me hungry and it's going to be really creapy in Second Life if he animates it.

If this is the case, then I will head the "Food and Agriculture Dept". This way your hunger can be sufficed and I will bear no guilt on on the effects of my avatar.

On a somewhat serious note, I think it would be pretty cool if
TPTB/Mods/Web Masters could design a parallel board that is
still hosted by ATS, (but would not have a direct link on the home
page or board). The parallel board would consist of topics that
the original members voted on. The topics could be that of the
original board and some new creative ones as well.

The "Secret Boards" function could be that selected members could
enjoy less trolling, more on topic discussions, no anonymous posts
and have the ability to share their expertise with less scrutiny and
more privacy

The original members could be "Owner & Founder" and "3 Super
Moderators" + 12 handpicked members from the mentioned founder
and mods.

The 12 handpicked members could be based on their points, personality,
smarts, humor and etiquette etc. Once the Owner and Mods make their
choices, they can then send a U2U that say's, "You've Been Tapped On The
Shoulder". Provided in the message is the link to the, "Secret Board".
Same log in name and password. Once you have been accepted, the link
can be in your "Member Center".

Every month or so the owner and mods can post a new thread with
6 new prospects. Links to your profiles and threads you have started
can be made available and the existing members can vote for the next
2 members to be "Tapped On The Shoulder".

I think it could be fun. TPTB, I bestow upon you the ground work and/or
idea. Hahaha, I guess, we won't know if this goes into action unless we
get tapped on the shoulder.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
as the leading member of the grand council i second this idea

good call head of food and agriculture

so are we going to have an actual leader or are we just gonna stay anarchical

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

Haha, well, I suppose the owner of the site would be the leader, but he could of course appoint someone as acting leader.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by tankthinker

Haha, well, I suppose the owner of the site would be the leader, but he could of course appoint someone as acting leader.

As the OP, and secret society originator, I will be namig myself the leader eventually, you all know it...Much like Syria, we will have democratic elections,...but in the end with one candidate...hehehehe

[edit on 30-1-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
As the OP, and secret society originator, I will be namig myself the leader eventually, you all know it...Much like Syria, we will have democratic elections,...but in the end with one candidate...hehehehe

Oh!

You mean like a puppet!

You do realize that we'd have to form yet another, even more secret, society to pull your strings.

STA

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Actually I'm liking the alternate space thing, is this the start of a breakaway republic already? Can I break away from my own society?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm all for the parallel,site !

so is our cash enterprise looking like maybe a subversive Brewery?
a 501 charity brewery perhaps?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I'm all for the parallel,site !

so is our cash enterprise looking like maybe a subversive Brewery?
a 501 charity brewery perhaps?

Do we have a brew master?!
Are you on that one?! We need to
inspire the owners and mods to
create a parallel site. Oh the fun
to be had.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
We don't need to barter, create new currency, or raise cash. All we have to do is create an ATS bank, make a few bad loans, then petition the US Treasury for a Trillion dollar bailout. After that, it's all gravy. We can then buy our own country, declare war on the US, surrender after the first shot is fired, then ask for another trillion for the US to send Halliburton in, and re-build our infrastructure, set up schools, and ask for a yearly foreign aid treaty, in return for our promise not to declare war on the US again.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
We don't need to barter, create new currency, or raise cash. All we have to do is create an ATS bank, make a few bad loans, then petition the US Treasury for a Trillion dollar bailout. After that, it's all gravy. We can then buy our own country, declare war on the US, surrender after the first shot is fired, then ask for another trillion for the US to send Halliburton in, and re-build our infrastructure, set up schools, and ask for a yearly foreign aid treaty, in return for our promise not to declare war on the US again.

I get a feeling you will be getting a tap on the shoulder.
You got the whole thing planned out. Any false flags!?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Absolutely. We can knock over our ATS water cooler, then claim that Al Qaeda did it, and apply to the UN for anti-terrorism funds to seek out the water-cooler terrorists.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Absolutely. We can knock over our ATS water cooler, then claim that Al Qaeda did it, and apply to the UN for anti-terrorism funds to seek out the water-cooler terrorists.

I will get some security cameras that show the cooler just in frame enough and captures still shots every 3 seconds. Once we show DRY passports of suspects
to the U.N were gold.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I will get some security cameras that show the cooler just in frame enough and captures still shots every 3 seconds. Once we show DRY passports of suspects to the U.N were gold.

Sounds good. I nominate you to be head of ATS Homeland Security. All Hail Cluckerspud!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You and cluckerspud are thinking the in the right direction for sure ,I'm so on board ,the World Bank of ATS

with a brewery in the back of course

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow... last time I checked nobody on ATS had the power to decide if a nuke can be deployed.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Wow... last time I checked nobody on ATS had the power to decide if a nuke can be deployed.

Actually, we don't need nukes. We'll rent an empty barn, put up a sign outside of it, saying "Warning, No Trespassing. Use of Deadly Force is Authorized"

The US will think we're developing nukes, we can then negotiate for a few trillion dollars NOT to continue development of nuclear weapons.

In addition, we can send a letter to Chavez in Venezuela, telling him that we think he's a nice guy, and that we are too poor to heat our ATS country, and he'll sell us real cheap oil.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

I'm so on board ,the World Bank of ATS

You can be the Bank president, but you need to promise to give all of us huge bonuses at the end of the year, and send us to a warm resort every winter.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We're gonna need someone to fire that first shot...any takers?
Maybe we can hire a temp.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

And when your computer breaks down and you can't view ATS anymore, I'd like to see you convince the massive supercorporations who alone can amass enough capital to create or buy the sophisticated infrastructure to produce the immensely complicated machines needed to view the intewebs to accept some veg or anything else you, as an individual or member of a small, tightly knit group can produce.

Barter replaces currency with more useless currency. Trading items and favors is fundamentally no different than trading arbitrary units of value colloquially accepted for the purchase of items and favors, except that if nobody wants what you've got, You starve but for the goodwill of your fellow man.

Thanks for the unusually articulate insightful posting. I've been on ATS only a few weeks and have seen some really knowledgeable comments. This is one of the best.

That said, I've read hundreds, probably thousands by now, of ignorant, racist, hyper paranoid messages for fantasy believers, the delusional, the schizophrenic, and some plain old nasty angry people and pure haters.

So I'll decline an invitation to the larger community but am grateful for the opportunity to be in contact with the handful of insightful contributors to this forum.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I can pass out Bonuses with the best of them ,you can trust me

I can also simply pass out

As President of The World Bank of ATS ,I can promise that should any sort of problem with our balance sheets or inquiry into our lending and or account management should occur

I will be vacationing in a country with no extradition treaty with the USA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join