It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration warns public to expect rise in US casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The Obama administration warned the US public yesterday to brace itself for an increase in American casualties as it prepares to step up the fight against al-Qaida and the Taliban in Afghanistan and the border regions of Pakistan.

Against a background of widespread protests in Pakistan and Afghanistan over US operations since Obama became president, the vice-president, Joe Biden, said yesterday that US forces would be engaged in many more operations as the US takes the fight to its enemies in the region.

The Obama administration is to double the number of US troops in Afghanistan to 60,000 and when asked in a television interview if the US public should expect more American casualties, Biden said: "I hate to say it, but yes, I think there will be. There will be an uptick."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Wait a minute, are they saying that they are going to be escalating the war on terror, NOT winding it down like previously pledged? That we are in for INCREASED casualties? No, they would never just come out and say it like that. Would they?

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Please review this link

[edit on 27-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
"Oh they have, they will, and they are probably doing it right now"- Dr.Phil.
haha. (two lines).

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yep,

Meet the New Boss...same as the Old Boss

Yea, Obama is the great fixer alright.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Bawhahahaha.
Sukas!
Change you can believe in alright.
Here is a tip. "Hold on to your hat"

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
oh boy, we are so screwed. Thanks elected officials! Thanks blind zombies!
(blind zombies are the people who voted for the guy).
Oh I just want to say, that I want to be creamated when I die, and that I want my ashes to be rolled into a blunt wrap with some of the baddest herb on the planet and smoked by all of my peeps so they get a part of my soul.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mod edit: Removed needless copy and paste from source article.

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

[edit on 27-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"Obama administration warns public to expect rise in US casualties"

... Well, I guess that makes it ok, right?

Reminds me of the Joker in The Dark Knight:

"You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

Never forget, that every loss of an American soldier's life devastates a family. And so does the loss of an enemy life, believe it or not. And before you start raving at me for defending "America's enemies" with something that sounds a lot like "But they're taught to hate and kill us!" I have only one thing to say to that: So Are We. We are taught to hate and kill various people around the world...

I ask you... could it only be coincidence that all the bad people of the world just happen to fall within the geographic boundaries of governments standing in the way of American interests? People, governments and armies are the product of manipulation and propaganda, and every one of us is equally susceptible to its influence. Just look at Germany today, then compare it to 1940. Apparently, smart westerners can fall for a big lie coming down from the top just as much as brown people in the east.

All I know for sure is this: Killing is wrong, and you're never going to win the hearts and minds of a population by killing their relatives.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I just know the Taliban AND al-Q are going to drop their armaments and cheer, feeling all good and everything,having been blessed by the smile of the One.

How far is this administration willing to go? Will this congress whole-heartedly jump on the bandwagon in support of addition war appropriations?

Or will He buckle under opposition?

Which Obama will we see on this issue...the flip or the flop?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Old news

Did any of you really not see this coming?

"When I am president, we will wage the war that has to be won,"

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey Americans.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

======================================================

I ask you... could it only be coincidence that all the bad people of the world just happen to fall within the geographic boundaries of governments standing in the way of American interests?

I occasionally talk to people that supported Bush and the war in Iraq and they always use the excuse that the war is justified because we freed the people of Iraq from Saddam. Completely forgetting that we went into Iraq because of lies that linked Al Qaeda to Iraq and Saddam building WMD. I always ask them, if we are at war with totalitarian dictators then why havent we toppled half the governments in Africa? Specifically, why not jump into the Sudan and stop the genocide or why not get back into Somalia and kill all of the war lords aand start feeding those people? There is no money to be made in liberating people, thats why.

If any of you think the USA is in the liberating and humanitarian business you are sadly mistaken.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sorry but I thought everyone already knew this?

I knew for a fact that before he became president he was escalating the troops in Afghanistan while withdrawing from other countries (I do not see why - they have done good, no need to pull out when things are actually looking better, but maybe he will not IDK).

Obama is pro-war, just on a different front. I know it was never publicized much but I do not see the cover up here

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not breaking news, I still fail to see how so many people were blind to Obama. He is the same as we have had before. Change you can believe in. Change from two wars to one.

top topics

join