It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's snowing on Mars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

It's snowing on Mars...

www.guardian.co.uk

High in the sky above Mars, it is snowing right now. Very gently snowing. The snow does not settle on the rubble-strewn land below - not these days, anyway - but instead vaporises into the thin atmosphere long before it reaches the ground.

The first flakes of snow, on a planet that until fairly recently was believed to be waterless, were spotted just a few months ago. A Nasa lander near the planet's north pole was scanning the sky with a laser when it noticed the telltale signs of snowfall. The probe, called Phoenix, announced the news in a radio signal that was picked up by an overhead orbiter and beamed back to Earth. Nothing like it had ever been seen before.

The news of snow falling is just one piece of an extraordinary wealth of information that has recently been sent back from Mars by orbiters, landers and rovers. Together, they have mapped the surface in unprecedented detail, cracked open rocks, sniffed the atmosphere and dug down into the soil. What they have found points to an unimagined Martian history, one where life may have once gained a foothold and may even cling on still in the frigid soils of the permafrost.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Since when did we ever think that there would be snow on Mars? I think this is an unexpected development. This is what we went there for. I think these newer developments are good. I am glad for one, that, Mars is a more mysterious place than we thought.

I used to think that nothing would be found on Mars. However, we should not take this as proof that Mars is a hoax-- that life on Mars was a hoax. What we should take our expedition to Mars as proof that there are other hospitable planets other than Earth. This is proof that there could be life on other planets other than Earth.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
frank...

do you honestly think that any exploration of our red neighbor would be done all out in public display with all information readily available for every person in the world to view?

no matter if that information was extremely bland and boring.. or extremely profound and paradigm shattering? you thin kit's all just happily floating down to the public without any sort of filter in place?

"we should go take a manned mission"... lol ..."we" ...

any types of magnificent discoveries will be done by missions you'll never hear about.
and any information gleaned from those missions will be drip-dripped to the public for agenda-driven means... no matter what that agenda is.. NASA would stay completely in line with it.

i think people that think like you are beyond naive.

-

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Its not the first time snow has been detected on Mars. Viking photographed snow on the ground back in 76.

Article HERE.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Originally posted by prevenge
frank...

do you honestly think that any exploration of our red neighbor would be done all out in public display with all information readily available for every person in the world to view?

Sorry Frank, but I completely concur with the above statement.

The fact that there is snow on Mars being reported now as if it's something new; should tell you something critical about NASA.

There is life on Mars, be it microbial or otherwise, and there are underground rivers there too revealed by the media last year. You know what they say; where this is water, there is life.

[edit on 27/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Right, but I'm just glad that it's getting out to the public. I have always known there is life outside Earth way before the Mars disclosure happened. But, I think it's good that they're starting to let the public know about it. Do you think this is part of disclosure that will eventually lead to the disclosure of the existence of UFOs and ETs by the US Govt?

link   
You're right RFBurns
This is nothing but old news.

This is the image you were referring to; I always like it more when it's shown in the thread

link   
More of the NASA filtering to slowly condition the masses?

Of all things new, they tell us that there's snow... bah, I'm over it. Big deal!

Thanks for the deception, NASA. What's the next page of your script going to read?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Do you think this is part of disclosure that will eventually lead to the disclosure of the existence of UFOs and ETs by the US Govt?

Well I'm not disputing that information gets around either way, and if there is a disclosure process indeed going on.. then it's extremely gradual and slow. Granted they're starting to evidently open up a little bit more about some of these issues. I can guarantee you that Earth-like planets do exist, and there are most likely millions of advanced civilizations either like our own race, or somewhat different. Sentient life is out there.

The critical part of this matter; is if they are ever willing to tell us about the ETs and their encounters with them.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

But don't you think this is just a plot by the NWO to get people to believe more in aliens than they did before? Look at all of the documentaries that have gotten released on national TV like this past year-- they had that one documentary on the government UFO coverup... Dr. Edgar Mitchell spoke out... more NASA people are speaking out... Governments around the world have all released their UFO files (except for the US)... my only question is... why are they doing this now?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The "drip drip" of NASA's info-faucet is being turned up just a notch. The slow "drip drip" is now a light steady trickle.

At this rate, it will be another 20 or so years before the real data found by Spirit and Opportunity and Phoenix is revealed.

And another 20 when the newer MSL data that finds those martian rats and rodents gets released..you know, the ones the size of a small VW.

And another 20 years when NASA itself actually comes out on microphone and says "There are blue skies on Mars".

And another 20 years when the real photographs are published that shows the city under poof dirt at Cydonia and the digs done by the manned missions from 40 years prior.

Eventually, in about 100 years, the entire truth will be known.

By that time, ET's will have offices in the white house and branch offices in every government building around the world, and the people will still be putt putting around in fossil fueled, internal combustion engine vehicles.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 27-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
The "drip drip" of NASA's info-faucet is being turned up just a notch. The slow "drip drip" is now a light steady trickle.

RF, I'm really starting to consider putting that quote in my signature; priceless stuff

First of all, star for your last post, and flag for your thread frank

You bring up a very important aspect to this issue; which you probably should've combined with your OP(so we can all stay on-topic
)

I think that it's important to define what NWO is; and their relation to NASA and UFOs. I'm guessing that you're mainly thinking of Laurence Rockefeller and his initiative when you brought this up, correct?

IMO, there's no such thing as a new world order, in much as there's an OLD world order, granted that's another debate entirely. Masonry, Zionism, Knights Templar, Vatican and such have existed for a very long time. Although they all support each other in this domination conspiracy, you have to remember that each have their own agendas. If they do announce existence of aliens, they won't do it in a truthful manner. They'll probably claim that the human race is under threat, and that we all must be united in one NWO.

Look at all of the documentaries that have gotten released on national TV like this past year-- they had that one documentary on the government UFO coverup... Dr. Edgar Mitchell spoke out

Yes, but Ed Mitchell is not the first nor only person to speak out about this; and considering the amount of ridicule these guys have to put with, and the fact that most of these whistle blowers benefit near nothing from these statements.. I'm inclined to believe that most of them are telling the truth.

The main reason governments(specifically U.S) don't want to disclose the truth about UFOs and ETs is because of the religious, social, and economic factors that can and probably will affect the entire world. Not to mention that they'll be considered liars for the rest of their existence.

Governments around the world have all released their UFO files (except for the US)... my only question is... why are they doing this now?

Naturally, some governments are more open than others.. but even so.. none of them have actually come out and DISCLOSED the matter. The UK's MoD are releasing their UFO files over the next 4 years (till 2012
) but nothing conclusive has come from these files. And I often wonder.. why 4 years to release all the files? .. IMO, they won't show us the really good files that can prove ETs exist. I'm convinced that there is a gradual disclosure, ETs are real, probably peaceful. But will Vehrner von Braun be correct when he predicted the usage of this disclosure in a manner that dictates a threat? in which the world governments call for a oneness of power as a result? .. I don't know. Guess we'll have to get passed the age of mythical terrorists and the age of asteroid threats first

The pioneer rocket scientist laying on his death bed confided in Dr. Carol Rosin his fears about the weaponization of space. He identified the scare tactics that would convince the public to accept that space-based weapons need to be built. He made this prediction in the early 70's what these artificial threats would consist of:

1. Russians / Communists
2. Terrorists
3. Third-world Country "Crazies" / Axis of Evil / Nations of Concern
4. Asteroids
5. Aliens (extraterrestrials)

source

[edit on 27/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If NASA and science knows so little about Mars and is constantly having earlier assertions proved wrong, I can only surmise that they know stuff all about the rest of the universe. How can we take their word for anything?

... like how much mass there is in the universe.
... like the need for dark matter and dark energy.
... like black holes.
... like string theory.
... like brains.
... like super symmetry.
... like the multiverse and the 12 dimensions.
... etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

so much for occams razor!

IRM

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hmmmm.

The snow must have come down from clouds yes?

How are clouds formed - in which state must the water be? ;-)

Drip, Drip, Drip!

I hate NASA.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
More of the NASA filtering to slowly condition the masses?

Of all things new, they tell us that there's snow... bah, I'm over it. Big deal!

Thanks for the deception, NASA. What's the next page of your script going to read?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I bet they have great fun releasing something then reading the ATS posts.
I know I would

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I bet they have great fun releasing something then reading the ATS posts.

Unfortunately the views of open minded ATSers doesn't mean squat to NASA. They're obviously taking into account the whole world, they think that if they announced extraterrestrial life today..everyone will jump out of their windows in panic and shock.

Thank you Edgar Mitchell

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Originally posted by RFBurns

RF, I'm really starting to consider putting that quote in my signature; priceless stuff

Ok by me. Just quote me.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Since when did we ever think that there would be snow on Mars?

Like... Always? At least this isnt news to NASA.

Even the Guardian news article isnt that new, NASA seem to have reported this a couple of months ago.

new topics

top topics

join