It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facemasks can protect against flu - if only people keep them on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Protective facemasks can guard against respiratory infections such as flu, and could play an important part in defending against a pandemic, according to research.

Persuading people to wear a mask and to fit it properly, however, is a difficult task that could limit their effectiveness, British and Australian scientists have found. In a clinical trial of the effectiveness of masks, researchers at Imperial College London and the University of New South Wales studied 280 adults from 143 families living in Sydney during the winter flu seasons of 2006 and 2007.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Would you be willing to wear a facemask in order to not get the flu? I would, heck i'll wear one without even needing an excuse lol

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

More chance of you being killed by your local street corner neds/thugs then of bird flu.

It is just propaganda designed to keep the gullible parting with their money.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I can't see this ever happening in Britain when they even make wearing a hood basicly a crime I have to say I find it very strange how people accept so many laws that treat us all like five year olds.

But back on topic though I think one day some virus or another will do a serious number on us and making masks more common can only help I wouldn't mind having a few handy myself just in case.

new topics

join