It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Stories (and Threads) On Steep Decline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
yea i am guilty of posting a few bad comments into some recent threads and i do regret it. i will try not to do that anymore.

i can't explain why others have not posted UFO threads but i will tell you that i have found some pretty good videos on you tube in the past two weeks but i did not post them because people will scream chinese lanterns and Venus.

i am all for finding out the truth when it comes to videos like these but the arguments are starting to get annoying to the point that unless it's a clear daytime beamship craft or triangle craft...i won't post it.

i am sure there are others who feel the same way.

so to be honest here i don't think the sightings have decreased at all...it's just that nobody wants to post them in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
yea i am guilty of posting a few bad comments into some recent threads and i do regret it. i will try not to do that anymore.

i can't explain why others have not posted UFO threads but i will tell you that i have found some pretty good videos on you tube in the past two weeks but i did not post them because people will scream chinese lanterns and Venus.

i am all for finding out the truth when it comes to videos like these but the arguments are starting to get annoying to the point that unless it's a clear daytime beamship craft or triangle craft...i won't post it.

i am sure there are others who feel the same way.

so to be honest here i don't think the sightings have decreased at all...it's just that nobody wants to post them in my opinion.

It's pretty easy to determine if it is Venus or not, I don't understand why people who post obvious videos of Venus get upset when they get told exactly that.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think one of the reasons venus gets mistaken a lot is because it seems to be getting brighter & dare i say closer. People who have not normaly noticed it apart from the rest of the night sky suddenly notice this bright light that they didnt before.
Does anyone know if it is getting closer, on a natural cycle that brings it close etc ?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's pretty easy to determine if it is Venus or not, I don't understand why people who post obvious videos of Venus get upset when they get told exactly that.

true and the last one i posted that got debunked as Venus...i was not upset at all. in fact, i was glad everyone helped to figure it out.

the problem i have seen is,.... even if the Venus explanation doesn't work for a particular video...someone will just say it's a Bright Star or a plane. there's always a easy way to dismiss a light in the sky.

so why would anyone post a night time video ever again ?

i know i won't...lol

and the videos that i found recently didn't have any reference points to judge distance and size and i am sure most will agree those are fun to see but what can you do with a video like that ? not much.

so if it isn't a clear daytime saucer video....nobody will take it seriously

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yep I can understand the frustration

I will admit I've been guilty for calling things Venus, but only when I actually believe it to be Venus.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Wel if it's any consolation I saw a UFO yesterday. I thought nothing at first when I spotted it about a mile away, but then two things didn't add up compared to the usual aviation traffic I see in the area. One is the flashing light on it was much birghter than normal (about three times brighter), two I couldn't see any port and starboard lights, three it was moving about 3 times faster than commercial traffic and four it didn't come out of the other side of the cloud I saw it go through, it kind of just dissapeared.

Anyway didn't think much of it until 2 minutes later I hear a helicopter, definitly military sounding and hovering in the same area, so I hear this thing but can't see no lights in the shy, then I eventually look up and see a shaddow ouline of what looks like a twin blade helicopter and get this it's flying in total darkness without any lights. Now that got me suspicious as it's something I've never seen before and is totally against civil aviation laws! Anyway after about 20 mins and no further sightings of the orginal craft it dissapeared.

Oh yes the location was Milton Keynes in England, apparantly we've been getting a lot of recent sightings!

Oh and this is interesting it happened at the same time I was watching lost and they were talking about a key moment when they suddenly realise the island they are on is moving through time!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

yea it's frustrating because just about any video can have an earthly explanation plastered on it even if it was a real ufo.

night time videos are just lights in the sky and people will say

" there just lights, they could be anything ! "

daytime ufo videos will get the swamp gas, hoax, balloon, kite and cgi label.

someone posted a comment on one of my videos on youtube and said

" i don't see anything "

it turned out that he was just saying he didn't recognize what the object in the video was, so he dismissed it as being a fake.

the day's of posting UFO videos for discussion as evidence are over.

it would have to be something amazing for me to post another one here on ATS....

unless i am bored...

and don't even get me started on how people dismiss witness testimony.

" people in general make bad witnesses " thanks C.H.U.D.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think there are less posts this year simply because the phenomena has quietened down for now. UFO's generally happen in flaps for a few reasons. One there is a few good/genuine sightings followed by a heap of "me too' people who have either misinterpreted something or are trying to 'cash in' by outright lying/hoaxing.

If there are less hoax and misinterpreted sightings threads, then that's a good thing. If that's due to the odd flame, then so be it. If someone is going to post crap that only serves to muddy the waters for those that take it seriously, then so be it. I can live with that. To each action there is a consequence. Hoaxers need to learn that.

Personally, I'd prefer a quieter forum with decent/compelling threads than a busy forum with lots of attention seeking crap.

In short - quality over quantity any day!

IRM

[edit on 27/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Personally, I'd prefer a quieter forum with decent/compelling threads than a busy forum with lots of attention seeking crap.

true and i agree but the reality of it is most people here jump all over the attention seeking threads and the good threads get responses from a few of the serious researchers and then they sink into the abyss.

i can show you examples of this.

i guess we will just have go with the flow ?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

true and i agree but the reality of it is most people here jump all over the attention seeking threads and the good threads get responses from a few of the serious researchers and then they sink into the abyss.

i can show you examples of this.

i guess we will just have go with the flow ?

I have noticed the same thing my friend and it's quite a shame. I would really like to understand why this happens... why so many people are compelled by the 'tabloid-like' threads. Perhaps the real phenomena isn't 'Hollywood' enough?

IRM

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Those intimidators will have to try real hard with me. They have no idea who they are dealing with..and most likely wont want to know.

Cheers!!!!

hey RF...for once i agree with you, don't let the [man] get you down
second line

Please don't circumvent the censors.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Perhaps the real phenomena isn't 'Hollywood' enough?

exactly ! i think that would be a good way to explain it. too many sci fi movies and people wanting instant gratification.

for those kind of people, it's to much work to read a lengthy investigative report and if there is video then it's got to be like Star Wars for many people to be interested in it.

shock and awe factor ?

to get back on the main topic...

there have been UFO videos showing up on different sites but not as many as i have seen in previous months last year.

here is one possible explanation of why that is...

aliencasebook.blogspot.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That was an interesting observation! - Unusually high recorded level of meteorites and low levels of UFO sightings - I wonder what the historical correlation is like? -- It would make a lot of sense to keep away if there were a lot of flying rocks about... Will be very interesting to see if the UFO sightings increase as the meteors go away... Surprising really, because people mistaking things like meteors for UFOs etc is a common excuse - so the sightings going down during a meteor storm adds credibility to the UFO sightings....

Anyone know where to look-up meteor activity ??

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sjb5000

it's something to think about for sure. but not many planes have been hit with a meteor according to this document.

www.dartmouth.edu...

i would do some research into this if there were more incidents with airplanes.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I mentioned this threads topic to my Daughter, and her always witty responce was:
" 'Cause they're all in the White House adminstration now"

I saw a UFO the night of Jan 3rd and thought about posting,but no photo and me being the only observer seemed pointless to post or report elswhere.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by azureskys]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join