It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Native Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thanks a lot. Good read.

However, it must be stressed that humans did not evolve from living chimpanzees. Rather, our species and chimpanzees are both the descendants of a common ancestor that was distinct from other African apes. This common ancestor is thought to have existed in the Pliocene between 5 and 8 million years ago, based on the estimated rates of genetic change. Both of our species have since undergone 5 to 8 million years of evolution after this split of the two lineages. Using the fossil record, scientists attempt to reconstruct the evolution from this common ancestor through the series of early human species to today's modern human species.

Is the common ancestor they speak of the "missing link"?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was afraid that Anonymous ATS user would do this. Make a claim that sounds interesting but too good to be true, claim to be some great authority and then when questioned never return to the thread..../sigh

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
(Sorry about the anonymous-still waiting for my new password)

We should all be thankful to live in a land (America) that is being carefully watched over by annointed spiritual caretakers (not politicians). I believe it really does not matter which tribe we are from (many people have long forgotten that information) but rather that we join together to be as one tribe seeking knowledge and truth.

MAVN

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

As far as I have studied, it looks like most "native american" tribes are actually descended from Israelites that Solomon sent here to mine for precious metals and other materials.

Thuis one is very farfetched. There is zero historical or archeological evidence outside of rigid biblical scholarship of King Solomon having existed.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I actually have to say that I also have Native American in me as well, and about 20 years ago, I got to read the book of Mormon for the first time. If you have never read it, you may want to. It actually speaks about people leaving Isreal and coming to the new world. That was suppose to have been Mexico where they landed. But they did come by boat. So maybe the boat theory is real? One never knows. But I do know that the state of Maine Indians originally came from Mexico, and traveled North. This is something that my grand father and many elders have passed down over the years. But so far I havent been able to go any farther then Mexico to the begining of the Maine indians. Maybe we need to ask someone that is a Mexican Indian to find out. But many tribes talk about there folks going across the great water to come to the new land. So which Great water and from where they started one never knows.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress I actually have to say that I also have Native American in me as well, and about 20 years ago, I got to read the book of Mormon for the first time. If you have never read it, you may want to. It actually speaks about people leaving Isreal and coming to the new world.

I feel I should mention that the worldview of the Book of Mormon has not exactly been substantiated in archaeology.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I somewhat coincidentally stumbled upon a Chippewa story today which tells of an ancient Chippewa doing something or other that caused there to be a great flood from the rivers and in return the entire continent was flooded. The Native American then left by canoe.
If it is true, that must be some canoe

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Native American Indians have lived on North American land forever, the story
about them being asians coming over an ice bridge is a complete hoax. The
"People" have lived in North America ever since humans live on this planet,
there have actually been fossils of "homo sapiens sapiens" found in North
America, along with intricate tools, that were 300 milion years old.

Proves that the whole story of human history shoved into our minds from
high school, is a complete hoax as well. Humans have been around far, far
longer than we've been led to believe. There's even evidence of humans
having used dinosaurs as cattle and as mounts. There exists even a metal
orb, balanced to perfection in such a degree, that our current technology
is not even able to measure it, let alone reproduce, guess how old this
peculiar metal orb is.. 2.8 BILION years. Go figure..

[edit on (2/2/09) by Wehali]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali

Proves that the whole story of human history shoved into our minds from
high school, is a complete hoax as well. Humans have been around far, far
longer than we've been led to believe. There's even evidence of humans
having used dinosaurs as cattle and as mounts. There exists even a metal
orb, balanced to perfection in such a degree, that our current technology
is not even able to measure it, let alone reproduce, guess how old this
peculiar metal orb is.. 2.8 BILION years. Go figure..

humans using dinosaurs as cattle eh?
Yeah, I can truly see a human on a 14foot, 43 foot long T-rex!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Words can hardly express how delighted I am to hear this news! Please share with us the source of this knowledge!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Words can hardly express how delighted I am to hear this news! Please share with us the source of this knowledge!

A book called Earth's Forbidden Secrets. It can be downloaded free
from the internet in .pdf format.

It also has all the references to the location and information of all the
physical evidence, artifacts and relics, that prove our entire accepted
course of history is one huge web of lies and hoaxes. You can even go
look them up in the respective museum each part is located.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

I'm download the book right now

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

A book called Earth's Forbidden Secrets. ...has all the references to the location and information of all the physical evidence, artifacts and relics, that prove our entire accepted course of history one huge web of lies and hoaxes

Thanks for that. So I looked at the index and went..."I donno...how about a half-million year old spark plug"

So I looked, and found: "The Coso Artifact was indeed a remarkable device. It was a 1920s-era Champion spark plug that likely powered a Ford Model T or Model A engine, modified to possibly serve mining operations in the Coso mountain range of California. To suggest that it was a device belonging to an advanced ancient civilization of the past could be interpreted as true, but is an exaggeration of several thousand years. "www.hallofmaat.com...

And I looked a little farther in the book and I found comments by Zecheriah Sitchin...who, sorry to say, is even regarded as a wack-a-doo around here.

There's still a bunch of mysteries out there, and they're what make science fun. But like they say...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Isn't it easier to concede that a dating method has been wrong, than that everything we know is?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hello ;

Here is a link you may find interesting .

www.storm.ca...

Traces of the Altaic Words "ATA", "APA", "ANA" and
Their Derivatives in the Languages of Some of the
Native Peoples of Americas
by
Polat Kaya

In early 1980s, out of curiosity, I was wondering about a possible existence of an affinity between Altaic Languages and the native languages spoken in the Americas.
So I made a research, (although not as a linguist), with the hope of finding some living words presently used in Turkish and also in the languages of the Native Peoples of Americas.

After all thousands of years ago, the ancestors of both the Turks and those of some of the Native Peoples of the American continents shared the same geographic area in Central Asia and Siberia.

I wrote a paper about my findings through my research entitled "Probable Existence of a Linguistic and Cultural Kinship Between the Altaic Peoples and the Native Peoples of Americas." The following is a rearrangement of the original paper

My clans name can be found amongs the Inuits and some other local tribes in Canada .

I do not know what this means but just for the fun of it , I once knew a man and his name's translation in English would be ; Thunderbolt Lightining .

In fact ; Turkic naming conventions would be identical to Native Indian naming conventions.

my 3 pence

www.storm.ca...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by 23432]

[edit on 2-2-2009 by 23432]

• posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
    link   

Right, and that spark plug of course debunks the thousands of other relics
    and artefacts that have been found, tested and ignored because they didn't
    fit in with the mainstream theories.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
    link   

Originally posted by 23432

In early 1980s, out of curiosity, I was wondering about a possible existence of an affinity between Altaic Languages and the native languages spoken in the Americas.

Might want to check out Lazlo Zsabo, at University of New Brunswick on this subject.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
    link   

Right, and that spark plug of course debunks the thousands of other relics
    and artefacts that have been found, tested and ignored because they didn't
    fit in with the mainstream theories.

It's certainly a start. And it tells me the level of science we are talking about. My advice is not to bet the farm. But, hey...your call.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
    link   
    So far all I've tried to verify from the book (since I've been reading) is this: news.nationalgeographic.com...

Turns out that was true. Though I'm sure a majority of the things mentioned could easily be explained away and justly so with the current modern day explanation(s) of history. There's still some that can't as easily be dismissed or at the least warrant more looking into

[edit on 2-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
    link   

Got a link? That would make them older than most of the dinosaurs. I'd like to see pictures of those tools and how and where they were found. 300 million years ago some parts of the US were under water (as you can see from the limestone).

So... where's your source, and did they get it right?

There's even evidence of humans having used dinosaurs as cattle and as mounts.

The Ica stones are fake. Really. Ditto the statues (which reflect whatever textbooks of that time said dinosaurs looked like.)

There exists even a metal orb, balanced to perfection in such a degree, that our current technology is not even able to measure it, let alone reproduce, guess how old this peculiar metal orb is.. 2.8 BILION years. Go figure..

Got a link?

Some days it seems like people can just throw up a website and say "Scientists are wrong!" and then put up any kind of nonsense (like Rigellians lived here until 2500 years ago) and some people would believe it. When I grew up, they taught us to look at evidence.

I'd like to see what kind of evidence you have.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
    link   

Originally posted by 23432
    Hello ;

Here is a link you may find interesting .

www.storm.ca...

Traces of the Altaic Words "ATA", "APA", "ANA" and
    Their Derivatives in the Languages of Some of the
    Native Peoples of Americas
    by
    Polat Kaya

I think you should cross that off your list of "reliable sources." The "this word sounds like that one" has been debunked ever since someone first came out with it. One of the biggest problems is that the way you hear words depends on where you were born. So he heard (or saw spelled) these words and took them to be hard proof that this is the relationship.

But many of those people don't have their own alphabet and have to borrow... and the borrowing isn't heard right.

Example -- we now call the capital city of China, "Beijing" though that's not EXACTLY the way the Chinese heard it. Last century it was called "Peking" and "Peping" (etc) because that's the way the English "heard" the words that were being pronounced.

Your site is making a comparison like "the name for a ruler in English is "king" and the name of the city of the ruler in China is "PeKing" so Chinese was derived from English (or vice-versa.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join