It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Native Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Not quite right, but your on track
!

There are pretty much 3 distinctive ethic divergent groups of Cro-magnum (as i see things..and i'm always right till i find out i'm wrong, hehe)

1) European (including the Mediterraneans)

2)African/Indian (from INDIA)

3)Asian Pacific/Inuit/Native American

The ethnic groups we have now are a mixing of those three main ones.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

then be prepared to be wrong

and not just becasue you spelt it like dirty harrys weapon of choice (do you feel lucky mammoth? well do ya?)

cro-magnon isnt a species its a name given to early european homo-sapiens sapiens, its a casual term for neolithic europeans from 35,000bc upto the end of the last ice age 10,000 bc

anthropology.si.edu...

www.talkorigins.org...

cro-magnon doesnt really mean anything its still used simply to distinguish them from neanderthal when talking about european anthropology/archaeology

[edit on 27/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I found this link: www.redicecreations.com...

The problem is is I don't know how accurate it is since I'm not involved with this kind of stuff. I thought it was interesting because it mentioned the tribe I'm related to as having the most potent portion of the X gene.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Ah, your right! I was thinking of modern man or homo sapien

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
every X amount of years theres an ice age, so the poler ice caps re-freeze. which means the sea level drops heaps. so when they say "ice bridge" its probably about a frozen area that they walked accros. im an aussie (not aboriginal) but i no that when the last ice age occured middle easten and african country men/wemon litarily walked from the bottem of india to the top of autralia. it would just be reversed because of the climate up your way. and for the simliaraties between native americans and asians, its prolly because there are no native apes/chimps in america that i know of. so the native americans could have originally been asian, they would have had to change for the differnt climate in america.

im prolly wrong but meh, its a theory :-P

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There are native americans?
All this time i thought europeans found an empty continent!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
well the first identified settlers last i heard were stone age french guys

thye made very distinct stone tools found only in 2 places in the world, a small area of france and nothern america

its suspected they lived on the ice shelf paddaling and fishing/hunting by day then hauling up on land flipping the boat for instant shelter like the inuit did

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Shi'is Ind'eh!

Greetings, cousin!

Is is always good to find another Apache: we are so few these days.

Chiricahua Apache here.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Does anyone have any comments about the link I posted? Admittedly it is a long read.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I remember hearing that native americans shared more genetic markers with ice age europeans than they did with asians which is pretty much a shocker. I would imagine that the native americans are a hodge podge of ice age euros and asians in that case. It would explain why they had some traits in their facial feature that seperated them from asians.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First, forget pretty much everything you were taught in school. The vast majority of it has been debunked in the last few years of research.

Native Americans have been on this continent for at least 15,000 years ago, minimum, based on recent carbon dating of finds in in southern Chile and elsewhere:

www.sciencedaily.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
indiancountrynews.net...
www3.interscience.wiley.com...

Unless you willing to assert that the people who founded this settlement had a map that showed them where to go and how to get there, then the logical conclusion is that humans have been in the Americas for thousands of years before that, since you hve to allow time for exploration, settlement, exploitation, growth, expansion, exploration, settlement, exploitation, etc. It generally takes a few generations of growth before an area is crowded enough to get people to move on into the unknown. Most population models seemed to think the early americans knew exactly where Tierra del Fuego and the Bahamas were and raced each other to settle them. Laughable, but taken seriously...anything to minimize the time so that the Euros could feel themselves just the latest wave coming into an "empty land".

There have been several waves of humanity arriving here in several pulses over a very long span of time, following different routes: coastal via the kelp beds that run from Asia to South America, overland via the "ice-free corridor", perhaps coastal from Europe but that route lacks friendly kelp beds, more likely a South American-Africa connection via island hopping.

But no discussion of the early populations can begin until you understand what happened about 13K years ago:

www.realclimate.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.sciencemag.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...
fireballs-meteorites.blogspot.com...

Basically, a Tungaska-like event, but bigger, occurred over the Laurentide ice sheet, causing global climate change and floods, but particularly devasting North America, reducing populations of everything to extinction or near-extinctions levels. If you look at the reports of the first Europeans, the civilizations they described were consistent with what you might expect of "survivor civilizations": the focus was on agronomy and organizational skills, the development of multiple varietals of basic food types that could survive any type of growing condition, democratic governance, greater emphasis upon cooperation over competition, generally non-genocidal warfare, etc. The non-American civilizations exhibit the characteristics of a stressed habitiat minus the catastrophic population collapse: fierce competition, concentration of power, hoarding and so on.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

I wonder if anyone has found the "x" type in the Ainu of northern Japan, another "out-of-place" caucasoid group?

That is an interesting read, and a possible aftereffect of Younger Dryas impact event I referred to in my earlier post. It certainly seems to offer evidence that a unique regional population was very nearly wiped out by something, and its survivors scattered in all directions. I'll have to track that one.

thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Yeah thanks, that is what I was getting at.

It seems that some of these tribes have oral traditions that say they lived in the Americas for tens of thousands of years.

Western archaologists just discount that as impossible, because they can't see a written record of it.

It's arrogant, here they have the cultures they are studying right in front of them, but act like these people are too stupid to keep their own past straight!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

For real. We were even here before these European archaeologists lol. I think we would know.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
reply to post by asmeone2

For real. We were even here before these European archaeologists lol. I think we would know.

I tread very carefully because as far as I know I do not actually have any Native ethnicity but I am so interested by the various cultures and religious beleifs. I just try to be careful enough to get it from a true source, i.e. one that hadn't diluted the message to sell it to the new-age crowd.

Anyway I am glad you have brought up this discussoin.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My people used to say that we were here before the rocks got hard.

And a lot of our hero tales describe giant creatures that either Child-of-Water or Killer-of-Enemies destroyed: echoes of the days when we hunted the megafauna, prior to the comet.

www.historyofideas.org...
etext.lib.virginia.edu...
etext.lib.virginia.edu...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It just seems strange that despite all this information it appears there is no definite answer as to the origins. You'd think we'd be able to know something as simple as the origins of the human race with our modern technology.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Do you know what Indians were in the Wichata Falls TX area? I am from there orignally and my greatgreat grandmother was fullblood indian. we have pictures but not names or anything. She was very tall and thin....well tall for the time...5-10 or so. She had on western american clothing...old frontier dress but had very high cheek bones. I am sorry I don't know but I was given to a foster family and only after my grandma died and my cousins found me they gave me whatever pics I wanted.....this was one. late 1880's early 1900's I think. My family helped found Archer City Tx. If that helps....
speaknoevil07
ps any help is appreciated and I apologize for not knowing more. ....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What I dont get is why no one mentions pangea in all of this. To me, just being in a different region of pangea when the split occured(over time, of course), would put native peoples in different areas of the world, in different climates, which would change features. Dunno, makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
It just seems strange that despite all this information it appears there is no definite answer as to the origins. You'd think we'd be able to know something as simple as the origins of the human race with our modern technology.

I think that we do know the orgins......we can't tell the general public. The PtB don't want you to know. We have the technology .......why is it that the same families continue to rule........because of the DNA. In fact , Clinton is touting the "truth" of everyone can grow up to be anything they want .........does anyone believe that....? Clinton has blue blood. Supposedly Obama too.........I would love to see an American Indian elected president....a descendent of Shem! as one poster stated....
just my 2 cents. which now is worth less than ever

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join