It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Stage, Or Stop A Coup, In Order To Survive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm explaining this here for entertainment purposes only.

Staging a Coup d'état is not an easy process and should not be entered into lightly. When I reference a coup pictures of bloody violence, guns, and people being beaten by Law Enforcement Officers for civil unrest probably comes to mind for some ATS'ers. That however is the furthest thing I am referencing here.

A coup is generally known as the usurping of a government structure, illegally, against a countries constitution, if the country has such a thing to begin with, and placing a different form of government with violence and or political assassination.

To some people here on ATS, the Presidential assassination of J.F.K. was a "bloody coup", wherein people behind the scenes pulled the right strings through cut-outs and killed a man who wouldn't bow to political pressure to keep the extremely violent and costly Vietnam War running so the alleged war profiteering could keep going. By the sheer violence as well as the people who would have to have been contacted, this is called a bloody coup.

A "bloodless coup" is where people with political knowledge spot a potential situation where if they were to push their influence the right way, they can either directly or indirectly benefit from the "change of leadership." Sometimes the short-term benefit will not necessarily last long enough so should be done because that person may not be trustworthy.

The words "coup d'état" comes from the French meaning, of "a state of stroke" linguistically speaking.

There are military coups, as well as intelligence coups, political coups, and tactical coups.

For posterity as well as not wishing for someone to kick in my door and be dragged off to a secret C.I.A. prison overseas, I'm going to define the coup I'm explaining here as a "bloodless coup" and anyone else here who wishes to post what they want can, and it's on them, not me.

Since I noted that there, I will re-emphasize here, I am not encouraging such action, nor am I stating this here for actual usage, because I'm going to intentionally leave details out.

Do your own research, it's not difficult to spot a coup.

They are happening every single day in the newspapers.

You just have to open your eyes.

A "bloodless coup" can be staged anywhere, whether it's a small-time company like a conveiniance store, to Wal-Mart, or a Government. I highly recommend you not try it on the Government part, as they will lock you up, and or kill you. No questions about it.

The first sign that a coup is possible is to watch for instability. What I mean by that is there is a lack of something, anything, within the organization.

An example would be a lack of communication, a lack of resources, or lack of staffing.

To run any organization effectively and efficiently, you need those three things, or you're screwed.

In order to utilize this as a way to stage a coup, you need to know how to exploit one of, or all of those, within the organization.

Or know people who can assist you. Oh, by the way, if you're caught, you might get fired, or worse, criminal charges can be filed against you if the management is smart enough to know what's going on as well as the policies of the company inside and out.

When I reference exploiting those three things, I mean you are going to take advantage of those items, somehow. The definition and application is up to you.

I've left a disclaimer here, three times, so if you try this, that's your problem.

Let's see what you've got to add to this thread. Like I said, I'm leaving details out.

Of course the survival aspect of this comes if you see the signs of a coup happening against you and you are management. Is there an employee who seems to be taking advantage of lack of staffing and whispering lies behind your back?

What about someone shorting your inventory? This is theft, yes, but that's still a sign of a coup in a small way. Someone is exploiing your inventory.

What about your interpersonal communications at work? Is there someone who is miscommunicating between you and the rest of your staff, on purpose?

Survival via office politics, is still survival.

Fill in your own blanks.

Or, feel free to ask me questions, and I'll answer them for you.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
SpartanKing,
for entertainment purposes only this is a fascinating read.
Also, Tom Cruise in Valkyrie was a grand show of coup
planning, management, and yes - eventual failure.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by eventHorizon]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
SpartanKing,
for entertainment purposes only this is a fascinating read.
Also, Tom Cruise in Valkyrie was a grant show of coup
planning, management, and yes - eventual failure.

That is a great example of a coup, a bloody one, mixed with political pressure, and dissidents.

Thanks for posting.

I loved the movie based on the history of the situation and I've read the story long before the move ever came out.

Love the picture from Equilibrium, by the way.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
One thing you didn't mention, but may wish to explore further is event manipulation through agents without knowledge.

A guy has a history of going ballistic when he sees a man in a blue suit and black tie.

Arrangements are made for your target to be dressed as such, and both men in the same location.

A very simplistic example, but people can be easily manipulated without any knowledge of being manipulated. You know these people, how they think, use another agent to make a suggestion, using inside information, and the results will be very effective, but no one knows squat.

Backups to ensure the event, and the one who was gently manipulated, or rather "placed" will either take anticipated action, or will be blamed.

Sound familiar in any other event?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Awesome post. Thanks for mentioning that. Remember, I left pieces out.

On purpose.

Here's two clips, one from a movie made in 1973, called "Executive Action." The other is from "Valkyrie" a recent movie with Tom Cruise.

Executive Action

Valkyrie

I used the two movies referenced so far, one by me, one by someone else.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Please check video links. Links as they are - aren't operational.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon

Please check video links. Links as they are - aren't operational.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed the videos.

Almost staged a coup on myself there.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hopefully the full message is being received, As I was also entertained by the read.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Hopefully the full message is being received, As I was also entertained by the read.

Message? What message? I'm a long-time poster here on ATS.

There's only entertainment for me here on ATS. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I was not imposing anything.

Just reminds me of what is good, and worth fighting for in this country.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

I didn't think you were implying something. Only clarifying what you posted.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I texted this to a few friends, who had quite a few laughs, months ago.

New Business Idea!

Coup-In-A-Box : Need a leader deposed? Need to stop a leader from being deposed? Need to quell a rebellion? Need to fuel a rebellion to be able to enact Martial Law?

Just call 1-800-THERMOPYLAE or 1-800-ALLHAILCAESAR and Coup-In-A-Box will drop an expertly trained Spartan or Roman in the hotzone in a PODS box filled with AK-47's or food supplies for a 1/3 of your rebel army!

Ask about our ruthless dictator specials!!!

I thought my friends were going to pee their pants.

I still have it saved on my cell phone.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm interested to see if anyone can point out a thread from here on ATS, where someone is discussing an event, and demonstrate how the event may be a coup.

Any takers?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Awesome OP SpartanKingLeonidas! Starred and Flagged.

Bloodless Coups huh...hmmmm I think I might try that on myself...I suppose at a Coup d'oeil I would Coup de Main by hijacking my amygdala, then I would infiltrate and dominate my pituitary and then I would seize control of my pineal with a corpus colosum blitzkrieg and finally I would depose the old temporal lobe personality. That I think would be the ultimate Coup d'etat.

As to stopping a coup...Well keep your friends close but your enemies closer and don't be afraid to be Brutus to their Caesar and also don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing and vice versa. Machiavelli's The Prince might be recommended reading.

Personal Disclosure: The Coup I like the best of all is Coup de Theatre

Edited to fix wrong context.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Dont know if this applys, however there was possibly "almost a Coup" in the UK in the 1970s (and a strange plot in 68) against Prime Minister Harold Wilson

BBC Documentary - The Plot Against Harold Wilson

Some reading on Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I find it interesting if not ironic that in the first 1973 video 'Executive Order' the older man speaks of honing down the populace under 550 million and it then occurred to me that this was damn near the figure that the illuminati inscribed or dare I say "epitaphed" on the 'Georgia Guidestones' (The American Stonehenge). I wonder if this was a message (hidden) by the Illuminati and disquised as yet another entertainment film. Gotta admit the the figures are really close considering he mentioned 7 billion people existed on earth in his day and age. Notice the date this 'guidestone' was anonymously given by an Illuminatist (purportedly) was only 6 years after the movie was made. IRONY.
On a more personal note I think these stones are a mockery of the Ten Commandments of God...notice there are ten rules for mankind to follow mostly in direct opposition to what God wants. They are satanic if you ask me....anyway.....

(Here is a photo of the Georgia Guidestones look at rule #1)

[edit on 27-1-2009 by DNAlien Fusion]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I see some awesome comments here on the thread. I'll comment back more directly when I have more time.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I am laughing so hard here.
Did you just commit a coupe de comedia on my thread?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dawa

Awesome reply. Well, an "almost coup" would be an unsuccessful one.

Not all succeed. I know how to defeat them. Staging a counter-coup is fun.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DNAlien Fusion

Yeah, a friend gave me the copy of "Executive Action" and I watched it thoroughly.

I was shocked because it was almost dead on in the explanation of what it would take in pre-planning for J.F.K.'s assassination, from utilizing pre-staging, unit coordination, and exit strategies.

I highly recommend the movie for anyone who wants to see what people in 1973 thought about the Presidential assassination that rocked the world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join