It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know this guy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've got a feeling some of you do.
He seems to be everywhere. You walk down the hall, there he is, wanting to chat.
Now a short chat is ok. Hi, how ya doing? How's work?
But then, there is a uncomfortable moment. YOU know you are done talking.
But apparently he doesn't get the body language, or even the LANGUAGE language.

You say "take it easy" and begin to step away. That is his clue. Conversation over.

What clue?

The guy mirrors your steps, to stay in eyeshot, and starts talking about his daughter, then the "humorous" story that seems to have no end. All the while mirroring your steps.

This guy doesn't respect personal space! So he's a little in your face. You step back again, there he is, still talking, in your face.

He's not really a jerk, just annoying.
The minimal distance is reflected in the fact that you need to adjust your tie again, vocal turbulence. Step away! I can smell your lunch.

Later, you are walking past his work area..Stealthily, you are almost...HEY! WHATS UP? damn..You almost made it. You plant that expression on your face again. The one that says, "I'm in a hurry". He's not reading it. He's not seeing your body language. He's in your face again, telling another simply amazing story about the window blinds he installed last month.

This time you actually say something. "Dude, I am in a hurry".

eh, I might as well have kicked a puppy.

So, do you know well meaning annoying guy?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would say something like "I'm sorry, but my Imodium is wearing off, I must go..."

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've been accused of most of those offences, and after being told by more than a few people, I realized that I was, and eventually stopped. I didn't mean to do any of it, I'm just really awkward.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm curious. What did they say to you? Did it hurt your feelings, were you embarrassed?
Our guy does this to everyone. And he really is a well meaning guy..He just tries too hard.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

That guy is everywhere! I've also been accused of most of those things too, but I never annoying a co-worker with out realizing it. Check this out. This might be similar to that guy and thankfully, there is a cure for HAND TOSS:

ColoradoJens

[edit on 26-1-2009 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Oh I love Demetri Martin, He is too funny.

That said, I have worked with a few guys like that spacedoubt.

It is so annoying, I never understood how people are unable to read such obvious facial expressions.

To me, The, Im in hurry look, or the dude, you are really annoying look are two very obvious looks.

I too always hesitate to tell them to back up or to leave me alone, because Im too nice, and I hate to hurt anyones feelings. Because then I feel like the bad guy.

To those of you who admit to this behavior, what is a good way to get you guys to back off a bit with out offending you?

new topics

top topics

join