It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Councilwoman charged with assault.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Note: To mods, if this is in the wrong spot please move it.

Herald Link

BY LAURA FIGUEROA
[email protected]
A Doral City Council member is under scrutiny for allegedly grabbing and shaking the neck of a city employee at a holiday party.

Christina Baguer, public information officer for the city, told police Councilwoman Sandra Ruiz came up behind her at a holiday luncheon thrown by County Commissioner Jose ''Pepe'' Diaz last month, according to a report she filed with the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Baguer, 38, said the councilwoman placed her hands on her shoulders, then inched them up her neck ``and began to squeeze and shake.

''I am not going to play these political games with you anymore,'' Ruiz whispered in Baguer's ear, according to the police report.

To start this off, this issue hits close to home, the councilwoman in question is my mom, I'm posting this in hopes of calming myself down and hopefully to shed some light on what I believe to be abuse not only in the house and senate, but on a local level as well.

These allegations are false. 120% untrue, and it hurts so much to see such BS happening to my family, my mom is an AMAZING woman, and I've been there through all the elections and all the drama and I can bet my life that what this woman says in NOT TRUE.

As much as I know how dirty politics can get...well it's one thing to watch from the stadium seats and quite another to watch from the sidelines. At this point it's a he-said-she said argument, no one can prove what it is that really happened.

Not to go all into details, because I still have to play by the rules in some cases, and I don't want anyone coming back and using this against my mom, but it seems to me like the employees of the City as well as a select few in Council and Mayoral positions are taking advantage of things and it's hurting innocent people in the process.

Anywho...that's the end of my rant for now, there are plenty of things I wish I could say. In fact if it weren't for my mom asking me not to say what I told her I would...well let's just say that if anyone ever tried to use this against my mom they would find it really difficult to filter through all the profanity.

It just truly upsets me to know that the men and women that I basically grew up with just turned their back and changed so completely, so horrifically. Even now, if I see them and I just ignore them, it'll cause problems and more drama.

Thanks for reading
JR

new topics

join