It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody Monday: Over 71,400 jobs lost

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertPaulsim
When the #1 REAL premisse of the monetary 'system' is this:
"You need a job to survive, a job that gives profit to someone else."

you instantly build a piramid.

Well then it's a good idea that's not the #1 real premise of the monetary system.

Who ever told you that you need a job to survive? Whoever it was did you a disservice or was simply perpetuating a slave mind mentality within a system which doesn't require one.

I'm a business OWNER. I don't have a JOB. I don't believe that anyone should have a job. I believe that all people should be the master of their own destiny and use the free market to make that happen.

Sure Big corporations don't want to empower you with that message, but that doesn't mean that message isn't there.

I repeat... you do not need a job to survive.

You don't even have to work hard.

You simply have to figure out how to generate revenue, and the best way I have found is through self-reliance ala Emerson. Follow your bliss and believe in yourself, and remove the concept of "i must have a job" from your mind and you can be as successful as I am.

Now, what about my employees? Of which I have 14. Well, they are all getting paid twice what they were before, and now doing what they want to do. They enjoy receiving a steady check, and their wives prefer it that way so they can feel secure about raising their children.

I always tell them though... "Stop working for me, and start working for yourself.. there is always room for partners in my business"

So they know the door is open when they desire to jump through.

Anyway... nobody has to have a job.... that's just hogwash

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

So Clinton played no part in this just the republicans? Honest ?, do you believe any of the posts that lay out how the families like the Rothchilds have controlled this? Or are just here on ATS because yahoo's msg boards are lame?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
I cant speak for everybody here, I live in Ireland and things have never been better for me, I recently got a job with Apple computers, im close to paying off my loans, the weeks are no longer a struggle, if this is what you call an economic downturn then bring it on.

Yep.. there is positive news out there.

I'm also better than ever on my side.

I own my business and am booked to make more this year than ever.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TypeSH2001

The problem with companies going overseas to get products made is that it is cheaper there, than here. Unions have pushed companies out by trying to hassle US companies for more pay than what they are worth.

There is no incentive to keep your company here when you can move it to india at 25% of the cost. Everyone keeps harping on taxes, its not taxes, its labor. When I ran 2 different companies my highest expense was labor, I could give a rats a-hole about taxes, my employees were costing me more that 75% of my profit.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Sorry to hear that Griff! I've always enjoyed your posts here on ATS. Stay elastic dude and bounce back!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Stink, don't you think we had to send our labor overseas? Once we became a mature market, how can you sell products to a country that the average person is making 20.00 a month. You export jobs, convince them that they are not leading a good life without massive consuming. The American is tapped out in a sense. India, China, have millions of consumers just waiting to pushed in that direction. Really just makes good business sense if you take out the American pride and rhetoric. We needed a new market of consumers and we found it in China/India.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

I can tell you that you and all others are in my prayers and thoughts. This just keeps getting worse. We must find some way to band together and get along without our government, because I fear it is headed away like Iceland's.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe some one already said it. It will fix itself in the months to come. CEOS are finding out real quick that you get what you pay for. In reaction to job losses naturally people spend less, there by creating less sales of any goods, domestic or foriegn.

So now we spiral, less jobs, less spending, more job cuts, even less spending.

Many businesses will simply close their doors. Families and neighbors will stay together and get to know each other better, work together to stay solvent, and maintain lifestyle

What will also happen is that the entrepreneurial (sp? ) spirit will take over if it hasn't already, small businesses will pop up every where taking care of communities while the big boys wither and die out, consumed by their own greed

I've already seen it in my own neighborhood. here we have $300,000+ homes, 2 out of ten homes have gardens, at least 2 others are planning them for next spring, One TI worker I know does landscaping/ patio upgrades and has doubled his net pay, I have had my own business for the last 5 years, its slowed but still chugging along, many of my neighbors are finding these things to boost their household income, one lady does home decor by contract, another does home schooling, one guy has a fish farm in his garage in a kiddie pool, one kid does dog walking,

we are down- temporarily, but definitely not out.

I say CEOS, you can't keep us down, we'll just get tougher and smarter, then we're coming for you and given the opportunity have no problem stripping you of your wealth, legitimate or otherwise.

PG

CAN YOU DIG IT ?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzaguy

I say CEOS, you can't keep us down, we'll just get tougher and smarter, then we're coming for you and given the opportunity have no problem stripping you of your wealth, legitimate or otherwise.

so much anger and bitterness

are you having trouble finding work or something man?

I feel for you brother

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Who ever told you that you need a job to survive? Whoever it was did you a disservice or was simply perpetuating a slave mind mentality within a system which doesn't require one. Anyway... nobody has to have a job.... that's just hogwash

Right! I was brought up to believe having a job and sticking with it was the only way to make it. I resent being brought up that way. Nowadays I'm brave enough to start my own business, but the startup money's hard to come by... grrrrrrrr... but as far as jobs go, I live in the D/FW area... we've had a pretty good economy here for decades... a lot of people here declare this area's recession proof, but they always get mad when I tell 'em we're likely moving out of a recession and into a depression.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

I used to work in a big corporation. It was a family created business and that's the way it was run. It used to be in the top ten companies to work in the US. Then the CEO died. The board brought in a new guy that was in reality a corporate raider. Before things got too bad, I left and started my own business. Sooo, bitter, no, not really, my situation is infinitely better. I just don't agree with the current style of business practices that seem all the rage these days. Call me old fashioned.

Also here in DFW

P

[edit on 27-1-2009 by pizzaguy]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzaguy
reply to post by ConservativeJack

I used to work in a big corporation. It was a family created business and that's the way it was run. It used to be in the top ten companies to work in the US. Then the CEO died. The board brought in a new guy that was in reality a corporate raider. Before things got too bad, I left and started my own business. Sooo, bitter, no, not really, my situation is infinitely better. I just don't agree with the current style of business practices that seem all the rage these days. Call me old fashioned.

Also here in DFW

P

[edit on 27-1-2009 by pizzaguy]

I feel for you I will pray for you.

May God be with you.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Sorry to hear that Griff! I've always enjoyed your posts here on ATS. Stay elastic dude and bounce back!!!

One door closing is another door opening.

Thanks, I think I'll be alright. Supposedly civil engineers are in demand. Or it might be a good time to get my master's degree. Who knows what the future brings.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

One door closing is another door opening.

Thanks, I think I'll be alright. Supposedly civil engineers are in demand. Or it might be a good time to get my master's degree. Who knows what the future brings.

If I were you I would seriously think about getting the master's degree.

Honestly, you won't be able to find work for a while ANYWAY.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't know what it's like where you live.Where I live there are very few small businesses.I do frequent them as much as possible.However the main shopping place is Wal-Mart.They could stand a good boycott if you ask me.The majority of their goods come from China.In the good old days of Sam Walton,he promoted American based business.He put Americans to work.Now it all balances on the corporate bottom line.If they can make an extra dime shipping the work overseas,well there it goes.

I specifically remember that as Wal Mart's slogan - "Buy American". It put them on the map and didn't make people think twice about giving a huge corporation their money.

Maybe someone needs to create a chain of stores that sell ONLY American good. Try to reverse the trend and use their own tactics against them so to speakl.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
This is all the result of the banking deregulation pushed through by Newt and the repub congress in the nineties. First we had a stock bubble and bust, and now we have a real estate bubble and bust. It is time to re-regulate banks and lending institutions.

The huge debts built up under the Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II regimes should not be paid by the working class, it should be paid for by corporations. The answer is to start taxing all goods and services that cross state and federal borders, which is the way the fed gov should be paid for. Most of the money has gone to the military to protect corporate assetts, therefore corporations should have to pay back the debt.

We also need to clamp down on immigration. A respectable level of immigration is fine, even good, but when we are a flooded with immigrants as we have been, especially the last 8 years, it is time to put a stop to this abuse.

Boycott the corporations, look for work under the table. Support only local businesses.

Obama's stimulus package is a step in the right direction. Our infrastructure needs rebuilt, as it has been sadly neglected. A national movement to develop alternative energy sources is a good direction to go. Loans for start up to small businesses would also be a good thing.

People who want to dream that only the U.S is under going a financial crisis are living on wishful thinking, as the U.S. goes, so the world goes. This hasn't changed. The world depends on the U.S. consumer, which is why they are willing to loan us huge amounts of money. The only real answer is to bring up wages everywhere. China and other third world nations are going to have to bring up wages so their workers can start to afford the products that they make.

reply to post by poet1b

I agree with everything you stated in your post. I would only add that there needs to be a maximum wage just as there is a minimum wage!

BTW there are jobs... GO WEST!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This Guy called it check it out!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The majority of Americans voted for change.

Well, we're getting change.

It's just the bad kind.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"This is what happens when the people hand over all their power to the corporations."

Soooo true! We need to insist that any and all corporations be removed from politics. Oh wait! Our entire government is a corporation. Not what?

Any day now I expect the *secret* elite to step up with an answer to the world's whoas...

The U.S.A is finished...
The world will be ONE big corporation with London controlling the Money. The U.S./Mexico/Canada controlling the Military. The UN controlling Laws. Rome/Israel controlling religion. Then chips will be implanted in everyone to monitor everyone.

(the power names could be wrong but the idea is headed your way.)

"Gordon Brown: The Financial Crisis Represents ‘Difficult Birth-Pangs of a New Global Order’
Published on 01-26-2009

Source: AFP

www.blacklistednews.com...

LONDON — Prime Minister Gordon Brown said Monday the financial crisis must not be an excuse to retreat into protectionism and instead be viewed as the "difficult birth-pangs of a new global order".

In a speech, he will urge countries to avoid "muddling through as pessimists" and "make the necessary adjustment to a better future and setting the new rules for this new global order", according to his office."

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join