It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody Monday: Over 71,400 jobs lost

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't know what it's like where you live.Where I live there are very few small businesses.I do frequent them as much as possible.However the main shopping place is Wal-Mart.They could stand a good boycott if you ask me.The majority of their goods come from China.In the good old days of Sam Walton,he promoted American based business.He put Americans to work.Now it all balances on the corporate bottom line.If they can make an extra dime shipping the work overseas,well there it goes.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bad times, indeed. My uncle just got laid off (he had a very prestigious position at IBM) as well as another one of my uncles and his wife, and my mom is filing for bankruptcy -- who knows what else is to come soon.

Farewell, banal and outmoded ways of life.. time to adjust and adapt. For better or for worse.

For worse, most likely.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks desert, I've been looking for a new job for the past few weeks, hopefully something even as little as the jobs are here, I can find something, just make enough to clear my racking debts even though they a mere to alot of people.

The last poster is right this is and will case a cascade effect in our Ecomony thus crippling it even furhter.

Heres the link to the area known as the Poconos in North-Eastern Pennyslvania www.poconorecord.com.../20090125/NEWS/901250336/-1/NEWS

More job loss this happend a few days further crippling this already broken down area where you lucky to get a page out of the job section.

Overall this should really be worrying people, no one is safe from this only forms of government, but in which some states are starting to fail.

Iceland i believe it is has fallen and the crona isnt worth much of anything and the government has reported to fail. Europe is trying to collect its lost money from the broken country. Is this what America is coming too will we be the next Iceland

We are looking at a total Global Economic shutdown in the coming months to a year I believe

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by walman
This isn't a war, it's the economy.

This is indeed a war. The elite versus the people.

They haven't orchestrated this "global financial crisis" for fun...

Originally posted by spearhead
maybe china is hoarding all the money in the world.

No, China is in debt also. It's the bankers hoarding all the money.

[edit on 26/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In the mean time, if you want to keep your job, you have to work like a dog under slave like conditions. I am currently doing the work of three people for less than I was making last year. And the big finanical firm I work for doesn't give a cr_p if your morale is low. They just crack the whip. I almost miss being in the military. At least our leaders would do something about low morale with the troops. It's modern slavery! I know, things could be worse, But I didn't sign up for this! Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
All you have to do is follow the money.
It all started in 1913. That is the year Woodrow Wilson pushed and passed the 16th Amendment. This allowed the new created Federal Reserve bank to control all of our money. They also created the income tax. That is the only thing that backs our currency, is our income tax.

If you follow that, you will find out that less than 12 families control all the money and most of the buisnesses in the US. Only four of them are Americans. They are exempt from paying any tax, and the system they have will not ever let us pay off any of the national debt.
If this makes you made, then start digging and learning.
Look up Andrew Jackson and Thomas Jefferson with Central Bank. Jefferson warned us what would happen. It's like he told us yesterday because it's all here now.

Our whole money system is very corrupt. Wilson came back several years later and felt heart broken because he said he destroyed the best country in the world.

For this, he is the worst President we ever had.

Since 1913, it does not matter whom you chose for President, congress, senate. They are all control directly and indirectly by the very same people.
One extra note. JFK and Linclon both signed executive orders to get rid of the Central banking system just a couple of weeks before they were taken out. Another fellow, McFaden, was one of the top Fed officials in the 30s I think. He came out and tried to tell everyone giving public speaches about how corupt the Fed Res. and Central banking really was. There were two attempts on his life. He made it through both of them.

Anyways, this will stop one of two ways. When they want it to. Or blow down their house of cards. Either way, this is just the tip of the iceburg so far. We are in a big deflation right now. Wait until the next month or so. Inflation will hit like your worst nightmare. Someone mentioned tents and camping, they were about dead on. There is nothing we can do to fix what we have. I don't care what BS the MSM and the govt. tells you. They are at the mercy of those whom have it all.

The Rochefeller family is worth an est. 12 Trillion. Yes with a T.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Did we not 'collectively' clip the wings of Angels while ride the backs of Dragons?

What happens when one falls off the Dragon?

Will one fight or get torched from within or without in the End?

I suppose the most powerful weapon the Dragon possessed was the Vail of 'secrecy' .....while the most potent weapon a Dissident has is Perception as to one's Will and Purpose unto himself rather than unto the 'other'.

Been on a Poetic rant for a while though no Not where it 'comes' from.

Though it does make 'sense' to me as postscript to paper.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Yeah, the red pill tastes bad to begin with. But movies always try to tell you something. You can make it all change.............this is when they can have a very sweet after taste....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
ENGINEERED ECONOMIC DISASTER....coming right up!

i'm just wondering why i haven't really seen anyone on this website put two and two together between the current economic "crisis" and the possible ascension/political railroading of the AMERO??? Yeah....remember the North American Union....Bush signed our asses to a treaty uniting USA, Canada, and Mexico not too long ago without the consent of the public at large.???? Ring any bells? if all the theories on the great depression are true isn't it happening again?...Banks buying up banks....more and more job loss....increased crime rates....more and more poverty......sounds to me like its happening all over again. Another GREAT DEPRESSION COMING UP! the AMERO might be some type of safety net plan that Washington will put on TV and get everyone feeling a little brighter when all that is really being done is brushing the old FED currency under the carpet for another one; another Fractional Reserve Central Bank Currency (Unconstitutionally Taxed [oh ,wait....thanks to the NORTH AMERICAN UNION there is NO MORE CONSTITUTION])....in other words another 100 or so years before the next "Economic Crisis".....comments / questions?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have been out of work since !/19/08/
I had a couple of sales jobs that did not work out.
Recently I finished a CNA class so maybe things will pick up.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
hey we are in a country where we can do what we want under certian circumstances why the hell are we buying crap from other people we should be putting a new meaning to working for a living we should be making clothes and trading it to others for gold and food we should be supporting our neighbors if we did this there would be less gangsters because they wouldnt be able to live a life being a criminal and having to also actualy work to survive something somewhere would break the people consuming drugs will die off or something, maybe they will get there head on straight and work to live. this would surely happen if u know what happened........something has to change guys......

true americans for helping true americans

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If you started your own farm buisness you would make some money if u started your own clothing buisness with decent stuff you would make money, now you have some things to work with togeather to benefit

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

"CEO's of companies are over payed and underworked, while the works (slaves) create that CEO's vast wealth by working themselves to death for low pay."

Why should severity of labor merit pay? Surely one does not deserve greater reward because of the experience of physical burden. Pain is subjective. Whoever is in control of the factors of production deserves greater reward. While some people in some populations have an advantage, the thing that makes America so great is that at birth most people are given the choice and chance to excel if they really want it. There is a massive chain in this capitalist society. Manual labor is but a single linkage, with management, accounting, executive decision making, investment, research, transportation, planning, marketing and advertising providing the bonds for each successive coil. You have to use the system to your best advantage to make sure you don't get stuck at the bottom. That means not breaking any laws, being ruthless in your studies and aggressive in forming your social networks, jumping at every single opportunity, enduring thousands of sleepless nights and seemingly interminable amounts of stress, fatigue, and exhaustion. It's just absolutely naive to assume that one single faction within the division of labor should, based on the severely limited and experiential notion of physical burden alone, be allowed to usurp power from wherever they please, or express their opinion that they, as the basis of all production, represent society in its totality as if they were some great natural force.

Regardless of what you might think, at this present time we should not consider squandering excesses of payment to corporate executives on increasing worker salary or employing more workers. That is, and never will be the solution. With the economy in wastes, with so many millions of people having lost their jobs in the last year alone, such a crusade, through popular sentiment, might actually become the accepted norm. Nevertheless, it will always be wrong and entirely contingent on mob politics. As soon as those workers get their jobs back, all the complaining will have stopped. Such a situation only proves the irrelevance of worker dissent during the period when they are not employed. When they are once again employed, complaints over executive compensation, while visible, will tend to diminish proportionally, and with extreme speed.

Anyway, the SEC has recently issued regulations, stipulating that public companies divulge a more complete set of information on how exactly they decide pay for their top executives, including the tools, methods and procedures they use and go about to determine pay. If they are seen to be unethical, we will know about. In the next few years we will finally have a complete set of relatively reliable data. Everything so far is inferred. All you can trust are the mob voices of millions of dissenting working class people. Just because they're hungry, doesn't mean they're right.

Excesses in executive pay didn't cause the economic turmoil we are in now. You did. Consumer society did. A generation of people that produced very little in terms of wealth that citizens other than those born in this country will ever share in or experience. We manufacture nothing important. Microsoft is probably the only example of truly innovative American enterprise in this last half century. Our students go to technical schools to learn how to advertise and effectively market products. Our budding scientists and most prospective outlooks squander their intellect on producing video games, and synthetic materials, which might improve the quality of cosmetic goods, or on billions of wasted dollars worth of phoney pharmacological products. Worst of all the offenses the general public perpetrated on this, our very own economy, is electing the Bush administration for two consecutive terms. We failed as a Republic as we let the neocons legislate year after year, supply-side economic policy, tax cuts for high income families and large corporations, and the most despicable bill ever to be introduced in any capitalist society: the Community Reinvestment Act, effectively producing a gigantic whirlpool of fake promises and fake credit, in which mortgage repayments were extended to every single person you could imagine, as well as their dogs, dooming the industry to complete failure by ruining the structural integrity of the credit system.

"Because every irresponsible bloke deserves a nice house and big fat plasma TV" as the general sentiment went.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
"konig kaos" when the goverment starts controlling how to distribute a pay toward your employees, it is like the start of communism

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is all the result of the banking deregulation pushed through by Newt and the repub congress in the nineties. First we had a stock bubble and bust, and now we have a real estate bubble and bust. It is time to re-regulate banks and lending institutions.

The huge debts built up under the Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II regimes should not be paid by the working class, it should be paid for by corporations. The answer is to start taxing all goods and services that cross state and federal borders, which is the way the fed gov should be paid for. Most of the money has gone to the military to protect corporate assetts, therefore corporations should have to pay back the debt.

We also need to clamp down on immigration. A respectable level of immigration is fine, even good, but when we are a flooded with immigrants as we have been, especially the last 8 years, it is time to put a stop to this abuse.

Boycott the corporations, look for work under the table. Support only local businesses.

Obama's stimulus package is a step in the right direction. Our infrastructure needs rebuilt, as it has been sadly neglected. A national movement to develop alternative energy sources is a good direction to go. Loans for start up to small businesses would also be a good thing.

People who want to dream that only the U.S is under going a financial crisis are living on wishful thinking, as the U.S. goes, so the world goes. This hasn't changed. The world depends on the U.S. consumer, which is why they are willing to loan us huge amounts of money. The only real answer is to bring up wages everywhere. China and other third world nations are going to have to bring up wages so their workers can start to afford the products that they make.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Look,we have to stop playing their game.The people we vote into office consider us buffons.Tax money tax money tax money.Thats what they thrive on.They have to stay up late at night trying to contrive new and different ways to spend it. We have to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.Cut the tax money!!

Drive less= less fuel tax
Buy less= less sales tax,less excise tax,etc.
Work for hire less= less income tax
Barter and trade for goods and service.Hard to tax,hard to even trace.
These so called civil servants are hard core criminals Imo.They have taxed and spent us into slavery to the system.
Stop playing their game!! Every little bit helps!!!

There are a couple extremely good ideas in your post.

First bartering, if we could get enough people involved in this, it would be one of the best things that ever happened to the US. The benefit is twofold. First we save money, roll over our personal possessions in exchange for different ones without tax, excessive charge, or having an abundance of waste or items that just collect dust. Second we put a stranglehold on these pigs that think they can continue to suck us dry and abuse us at every turn. This includes big business as well as government both federal and local.

Second buying less and driving less, this again puts a stranglehold on the people that are determined to rape us.

Third (you didn't mention this one) borrowing, If we stop borrowing and charging, we put the people out of business that just recently sent us into basically a depression (the bankers) and continue to abuse even our bailout of their problems.

Our government and the people that are trying to destroy us and our country are a cash eating machine. We cannot fight these people straight up they have all the weapons and technology. But we can starve the cash hungry monster to death. If only 30% of the population stopped buying, borrowing, and driving (other than necessary driving) for just one month, we could make a point that would scream out louder than any bomb, gun, or megaphone we could have ever dreamed up.

The solution is really simple, the machine eats, take away the food.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The voting of most of the clows into offices of power is really the peoples fault, who blindly vote straight down there party lines and refuse to look at the facts and qualifications of who they are electing.

This is only a part of the problem. The main problem is that the average citizen is unwilling to get involved in politics and run for any office, they leave that to the wealthy. The wealthy do not give a hoot in hell about America or Americans, they care only for capital. So long as we do not step up to the plate and get involved, we ask for everything we get.

My congressman sends me pamphlets every 6 months or so telling me of all the wonderful things he has done for me. This cost a lot of money to do for one, but more importantly, I feel it would be more cost effective and more importantly a better way to represent people, if he were to set up a web page and announce what the agenda is for the next session of congress and ask how those he represents wishes for him to vote, tally up the numbers and vote accordingly.

Our elected representatives are suppose to be exactly that: representatives. We did not hire them to think for us, we hired them to represent us and to speak for us. This does not require any thinking what so ever. It only requires them to pass along our concerns and vote the way we tell them to. When 80% of the population is against a bailout proposal and it still passes, the people are not being represented, plain and simple.

Get Involved!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

I feel for you friend...I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

My college loans for next year may not go through now because of the economy.

I think our economy is hanging on by little more than a thread. I mean...look at how quickly Iceland went from one of the top 10 most prominent countries in the world to experiencing a complete governmental meltdown...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Normally this is a good thing for profits and many people have more money. However, I've always worried about some kind of critical mass number of lost jobs. Especially if robots and machines ever become intelligent enough. Kind of like Peak Oil for labor. It's not that we'll be completely out of jobs, but the worker to work ratio will get so far off from each other that we'll have all these people to feed but there won't be any labor for them to do. What do we do if that happens? Is that what's happening now? I wouldn't know how to solve a problem like that.

Cut the work week to part time, let the pay remain as a full time pay? Give the workers the time and energy to develop their abilities, their ideas, their creations. And, ya know what, we've been in that situation for awhile now, many more workers than work. Am I the only one that sees the welfare system as at least being beneficial when it came to keeping the unemployment numbers down? In stead if just giving some a free ride, maybe we should have thought outside of the box so to speak, cut the work hours in the week down some, while still delivering a full time paycheck, and well, used the labor of all? After all, all these machines were intended to reduce our workload, no leave as many people out in the cold, dependant on our government as possible. And, I bet if we had done something like what I am suggesting, overall, it would have cost alot less.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
To those of you who are hopeful of a comeback of the US economy, I hate to burst your bubble...

But this time is not going to be like the 30's. This will be a wholesale overthrow of the people into a dictatorship, or a revolution. Why am I convinced of this? Here's why:

First, money is debt. It's loaned into existence. Every dollar in your wallet or checking account is earning interest for a bank, somewhere. Every single dollar.

Two, this interest compounds over time. All of it. All the money everywhere is compounding interest. Since compound interest is an exponential function, there is a point where the graph of the amount owed becomes "vertical," meaning its growth begins to accelerate so fast that it breaks all rational boundaries and heads for the sky.

Now, when banks begin to feel the pinch of keeping all their books balanced, they will certainly demand payment of loans. Eventually all banks everywhere start to feel it, and things start getting tight. They all start to feel it. And the public at large gets put under greater and greater pressure to keep up. (Haven't you felt greater and greater pressure keeping up last couple years?)

Finally, this escalating compound interest owed to all the banks in the country gets so large, that it becomes larger than the capacity of any business or individual anywhere to operate with anything but a loss. No profit. No income. Too much earmarked for payments on all the outstanding debt.

...And all of this is mathematical certainty under a system which permits compound interest.

This is the secret of depressions, why governments undergo cyclic revolution, and why banks go bust. Their demands to be allowed to create money out of thin air ("fiat currency") coupled with their demands to be paid more money than they created (interest) keeps everybody busy like bees trying to keep up, and it makes them rich for a while. But eventually, the whole darn system collapses and that's what we're facing right now.

So it is not a question of how long until the economy bumps back. We're past the point of no return. The only question now is... "What will the world look like after the storm?"

Get ready.

Me? I'm boarding up the windows, if you know what I mean.

Excellent Video:

Google Video Link

[edit on 27-1-2009 by username371]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join