It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

www.huffingtonpost.com

On Monday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers (D-MI) issued a subpoena to Karl Rove, requiring him to testify regarding his role in the Bush Administration's politicization of the Department of Justice, including the US Attorney firings and the prosecution of former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. The subpoena calls for Rove to appear at deposition on Monday, February 2, 2009.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Very happy to see that the new administration and the democratically led congress is going to continue to push to uncover the actions of the Bush administration.

Will Rove appear? Will Rove flee? Will misdeeds be uncovered? and will there be more of the same to come in the future?

Only time will tell.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I doubt anything major will come of it. I have a feeling even if they get him to show is we'll be hearing a lot of pleading the 5th.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
the thing about congressional subpoenas is it doesn't have any teeth. Karl Rove doesn't have to appear before the committee if he doesn't want to. and there is nothing congress can do about it other than ask the Attorney General to have the Justice department launch an investigation.

But doing so would be like committing political suicide. Because congress is just as guilty of the wrong doings as any member of the Bush Administration.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Not the US Attorney firings again.

These people serve at the discretion of the President of the United States. Bill Clinton fired 92 of them while he was President and no one blinked an eye.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
the problem is karl rove is a dirty rotten scoundrel,,who would sell his own mother down the river

and he is a liar

do you think him taking the oath means crap

he will lie, plead the 5th,, or claim privelege and such or just run them in circles

however in watching other hearings,,,,when questioning the witnesses they can be pretty hard and nasty----so that will be interesting to see

is there a date and time for this hearing yet????

see how dirty he is---watch the doc. called Bush's Brain

[edit on 26-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am glad to hear Conyers doing something finally. I also keep waiting for the Vincent Bugliosi claim that he can prosecute Bush for murder to either die or take another step forward. The House and Senate were looking at the accusations that the Bush admin had documents forged to get us into war.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think Conyers is just glad that Obama got his back. Personally, I feel this won't get anywhere. It will drag on for years as Cheney fight it in court. But what the hell, Congress wants to give the world the impression that they are doing something, so let them enjoy their dog and pony show.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Alread a thread going here.

top topics

join