It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA should remove RUSH LIMBAUGH from Armed Forces Radio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

First of all, it's really irrelevant, but it's not common knowledge that Mr. Limbaugh had "anal cysts". This is the first I've heard of it and frankly, it has nothing to do with my post.

Irrelevant??? It's extremely relevant that a draft-dodger lectures about the glories of war on Armed Forces Radio. And sorry, but the anal cyst story is common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't think there was Bush-bashing on Armed Forces Radio. In other media, yes, but not on AFR. To attack the Commander in Chief is to divide the forces into separate camps--the kind of partisan bickering and hate-mongering that's happening in America at large. That could undermine confidence in the president and in their own mission and could be damaging to morale. It's a military matter and I don't think you have freedom of speech when it comes to fomenting rebellion.

If Rush is going to stay on there then there should be a liberal hate-monger too. The fairness doctrine, you know. Give the troops the benefit of another point of view and let them make up their own minds.

To respond to the poster who said that NPR was broadcast too--there is very little if any commentary on the news portion of Public Radio.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I don't think there was Bush-bashing on Armed Forces Radio. In other media, yes, but not on AFR. To attack the Commander in Chief is to divide the forces into separate camps--the kind of partisan bickering and hate-mongering that's happening in America at large. That could undermine confidence in the president and in their own mission and could be damaging to morale. It's a military matter and I don't think you have freedom of speech when it comes to fomenting rebellion.

If Rush is going to stay on there then there should be a liberal hate-monger too. The fairness doctrine, you know. Give the troops the benefit of another point of view and let them make up their own minds.

To respond to the poster who said that NPR was broadcast too--there is very little if any commentary on the news portion of Public Radio.

I believe all the troops are adults and can make up their own mind on what to believe. I just love the liberals not wanting to hear some cold hard truth spoken from a republican. I just listened to him today, part of the TRILLION dollar "stimulus" package 140 million goes to stimulating climatologists. So he called his buddy up that is a climatologist, they have no shortage or "pain" in their area. So... what is that 140 million REALLY for? The list goes on... and on... and on... with nothing but BS in these liberal bills.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You know Rush Limbaugh does what he does just so the liberals will look stupid by trying to take him off the air. Try taking away our right to speak and then American citizens from all four corners of the United States will back up Rush. I don't like the guy either but there is a thing call a knob. Turn it! He doesn't make you listen to him. Why should the government make anyone listen to him or any talk show host. Stop trying to take our freedoms!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Fact:

Rush has 22 Million listeners each day

Also Fact:

That is pretty near to 50% of the votes received by either candidate

Another Fact:

Rush is a private citizen and as such, may voice his opinion in anyway he chooses.

Semper

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Rush is a private citizen and as such, may voice his opinion in anyway he chooses.

End of story.

The fact that anyone gets so upset over what a private citizen does while exercising his constitutionally given right to free speech is just plain stupid.

If you don't like, turn it off.

22 million can't be wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join