It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays Leaders are cowards!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
When will we come back to the days where Kings fought in the battles and did not care if they died? Now the leaders send millions of brainwashed idiots into war.

Cant they fight their own battles??

Cowards!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Umm....no...and there's a very simple reason now a days. We don't elect officials based on how many kills they have. We elect them for they're leadership and reasoning skills. (most of the time)

Second...would you really want some Jarhead running the country? I mean honestly, that's what it would be if we had a President who fought battles.

Third....Politicians don't get military training, atleast not anymore, and not enough to not get killed.

That is why GENERALS run wars, not the President, they just nod they're heads and look at the pretty map.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Umm....no...and there's a very simple reason now a days. We don't elect officials based on how many kills they have. We elect them for they're leadership and reasoning skills. (most of the time)

Second...would you really want some Jarhead running the country? I mean honestly, that's what it would be if we had a President who fought battles.

Third....Politicians don't get military training, atleast not anymore, and not enough to not get killed.

That is why GENERALS run wars, not the President, they just nod they're heads and look at the pretty map.

It pisses me off when they just send other people to do their dirty work, and they are weak too. Its sad that one weak person can control masses off people, especially with training and guns.

Why do people even go to the military?? I just wish no one went to join, and you might say we might get attacked and get defeated, well I do not give a s**t, and I know for sure this would not happen anyway.

At least if we only have 100% defense military rather than offense!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I see where your coming from, your frustrated with the world.

When frustrated always turn to nature, makes me feel better every time

link   

link   
Wasn't Dwight Eisenhauer a President?
Nevil Chamberlin can't be included in one of "Today's Leaders" can he?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by speed_demon
So COWARD, why are you not fighting in this war alongside me. Thats right, because you are the coward that doesnt want to join the military.

I respect your opinion here, but I'm not sure what you mean by this bit, are you making a point or do you really believe this? I assume your making a point right.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Why do people even go to the military?? I just wish no one went to join, and you might say we might get attacked and get defeated, well I do not give a s**t, and I know for sure this would not happen anyway.

Your very nieve. If we had no military then yes we would be overrun, you modern people have no concept of defending yourselves, especially from an invading army who has military training. *snip*((removed personal attacks)

Also, look at our Presidents of the past, just about every single one had previous military experience and fought in a war. So dont ever say that the President is a coward.

*snip*
(removed personal attacks.)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by speed_demon

Hmm your a little too harsh my friend, cut the guy some slack. I could tell you you're an idiot and biggot for believing that your fighting for ANYTHING other than the futhering the Fourth Reich, or the continuation of the Third, but you wouln't believe me.

Either way i do respect what you do for a living, anybody whose willing to pick up a gun and shoot innocents and some war mongerer's behalf is good in my book....(oops)

Actually no, i do respect the people in the military who understand that they are NOT fighting for freedom or democracy.

If your a soldier who does relief/aid work, props to you, you do what the military should do, HELP THOSE IN NEED.

If your one who is continually spreading death and destruction or just "following orders" then really, your just a robot and i need not have an opinion of you.

Sorry but that's my opinion, i don't mean to degrade you in any way, just your flawed sense of reasoning. People who fight in the military in THIS day and age just do if for the wrong reasons, and we can't blame them if they are truly innocently ignorant.

It's the ones that do if for fun that i have a problem with.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hmm maybe. But he does have a point about focusing 100% on defence probably being more healthy for the world.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

No need for that. Dubya got elected, didn't he?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am making a point in the case that. He wants to compare our President to a King and say he is a coward for not fighting the battles like a king did.

Well during the middle ages the common peasant was the soldiers for the wars. So, I say he is in retrospect calling himself a coward because he is using the excuse of not agreeing with the war on terror, to not join the military.

*snip*
(removed personal attacks)

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am making a point in the case that. He wants to compare our President to a King and say he is a coward for not fighting the battles like a king did.

Thought so, thanks for clarifying.

See ya.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I have a feeling that the OP is ranting and raving because s/he's in the military or someone close to him?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by LegitPiMPz

it was you ignorant people who wanted us to come to this war in the first place, but now that it has taken longer than you expected you want to hate the war. You sent us here, so let us do our jobs and come home. ..

dude.....who exactly are "you ignorant people"......i think you have offended me.....and perhaps a few others....I read this post because it's title - "Todays Leaders are cowards!!" rings true ......I do have a concept of what happens within politics today and most of the leaders today on "the hill" would not be employed if they were employed elsewhere.......not only are they cowards - not so much in the military way that seems to rouse you, but in the moral, common sense, and right way of simply doing what makes sense and is right for the people they serve.......is a reminder in order that they do "serve" us.....

......us......me and you.....have the right to voice our opinions, especially when what is being done by the leaders of the country often defies logic....

Ex

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think it's about the choices we make,
what to stand aside for and what to fight for have become clouded .

Listen to this bit of info on our President
by BBC news Podcast
HERE

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No, I am over here fighting because after 9/11, American citizens cried for revenge. Now, if our government was behind 9/11 or not doesnt matter to me really, I know that I am here because the common citizen wanted someone to pay for what happened.

And yes you would have a problem with me because I am one of those who follow orders because I know that if orders are not followed the Marines to my left and right could die. Plain and simple.

When will we come back to the days where Kings fought in the battles and did not care if they died

If you read some history books, the kings mostly sat a distance away and watched the battle, is this so much more different then what our modern president does. Hmmm, like I said go read up on your history and how our modern government works, and get back to me

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Lead? Fight? No way.

They spend all their time engaged in reelection, raising money and grabbing more influence and power.

They don't even have the courage to go home and return to a productive life.

It's just too good eating from the trough supplied by the public.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well if I have offended you, I am sorry. But I can provide evidence as to why the American people are ignorant, but can you or him provide evidence as to why I am an idiot ???

-edit- Didnt think so

[edit on 26-1-2009 by speed_demon]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well if I have offended you, I am sorry. But I can provide evidence as to why the American people are ignorant, but can you or him provide evidence as to why I am an idiot ???

you just answered yourself

anyways, i agree with the OP

if leaders HAD to fight in any war they declare, perhaps they would think twice about delcaring that war

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join