It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron in 'UFO files' promise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
David Cameron in 'UFO files' promise

Well I guess it might win a few votes.

www.thesun.co.uk...

DAVID Cameron has vowed to lift the lid on what the Government knows about UFOs if he becomes PM.

The Tory leader gave a personal guarantee that he would be “entirely open and frank” and publish any secret files that may exist on close encounters.

He was speaking at one of his regular Cameron Direct meetings, at which he takes questions from the public, following a spate of mysterious incidents.

Asked at the session in Newcastle about UFOs and intelligent life in space, he joked: “I’m convinced we have been visited by alien life forms and one of them is Peter Mandelson.”

[edit on 26-1-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 26-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
But seriously if he does get in which looks likely this will be a good thing for ufologists it seems that the government on a whole is being more upfront regarding UFOs.
I was quite shocked to read in the news yesterday that we have a shoot to kill policy for ufos.

I can only imagine that any ufo they come across will be regarded as a threat to national security and brought down if possible.www.telegraph.co.uk...

We come in peace, shoot to kill ,shoot to kill ,Jim.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 27-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
more reason to turn Gordon into a large donner kebab and stick him on a spit.

If Cameron's up for PM,it'll be the first time I vote in an election.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
That picture is a bit worrying of Cameron, looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a fast approaching car.

Anyway he ain't going to be next PM, someones gonna throw a wobbly at him and ask for a leadership challenge before the next election and he'll get booted out, hence NO UFO DISCLOSURE from the UK.

People are more worried about their moneytroubles than finding out about alien craft, like the good little sheeple they are..

[edit on 27/1/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I dont think it's a shoot to kill policy but more a shoot something that may possibly be a threat to UK airspace. And from reading some of the things i've read from pilots, UFO's can get pretty close to airplanes!

I must say though, it must take some bottle to shoot at a UFO. UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, which means it could be absolutely anything, its Unidentified. But we all have something at the back of our head telling us this thing is ET. And to shoot at something like that must take some balls imo. Personally I wouldn't wanna mess with something that is more advanced than man kind.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
We know that the US has a policy to shoot down UFO's as revealed in the diclosure project. So it's not entirely surprising that the UK does too. It makes me very angry that we can treat intelligent creatures with such disrespect. It's no wonder they don't openly make contact if they have been killed by us before.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So is this Cameron guy a Tory? If so, then I have to say "Remember Thatcher"!

At the end of the day, it's a hollow promise. He wouldn't have the 'power' to disclose anything. Just another novel way of cheating people for their votes IMHO.

He doesn't exactly look like the type to be interested in UFO's anyhow. Probably been blinded his whole life by the glare given off from that silver spoon that has been firmly planted in his mouth.

IRM

[edit on 27/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
So is this Cameron guy a Tory? If so, then I have to say "Remember Thatcher"!

Blair was a Thatcherite too and he was Labour.

I'm not inclined to align myself with any particular party, but I have always liked how David Cameron presents himself, and well, anyone would be better that the morose sack of potatoes we have as PM now. The sooner his gloomy visage is pushed out of the picture the better.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
BRING ON THE BNP IM SURE THEY WILL HAVE SOMETHINGGOOD TO SAY ABOUT UFOs

Probably tell us they are tryin to take our jobs as well lol

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
more reason to turn Gordon into a large donner kebab and stick him on a spit.

After reading this "doner-kebabs-health-rating", I don't think it's be such a good idea

But still, I quite agree -- it could possibly be a good thing and I'd definitely vote if Cameron was up.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

No way

Im ashamed to say i actually brought that record, i wonder if theres ever been an acid techno version hmmmm

For the record i dont think Cameron would release the info cos they say now that they dont investigate ufo's but i have seen the colin andrews footage with the military helicopters hunting that orb so they are lying on that one just as his govt would be told to also.

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This has now been reported on the BBC News Website.news.bbc.co.uk...

David Cameron has vowed to publish any secret files that may exist on UFOs if he becomes prime minister.

Speaking at one of his regular Cameron Direct public meetings, he pledged to be "open and frank" with any government knowledge about close encounters.

The Conservative leader was responding to a question about apparent government cover-ups of UFO activity.

Mr Cameron joked: "I'm convinced we've been visited by aliens - one of them is trade secretary Peter Mandelson."

Intelligent life

At the meeting in Tynemouth, North Tyneside, he was questioned about a spate of mysterious incidents.

A member of the audience asked: "In July last year the respected scientist and astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, who was the sixth man to walk on the moon, spoke on a British radio station.

"He said the American government had had contact with extra terrestrials on multiple occasions and that these were ongoing.

If I became prime minister I would always be entirely open and frank about these things
David Cameron

"He spoke about the Roswell event in 1947 where wreckage of a downed UFO was recovered and found to contain alien bodies.

"He said this event was real but was covered up by the government for many years.

"Do you agree with me that the British people have a right to know if we have been visited, and if so, when you become prime minister will you seek to lift the veil of secrecy and give the public the truth that they deserve?

UFO guarantee

Mr Cameron replied: "I have no idea there is intelligent life out there and no idea whether any of the sightings which have taken place or whether any incidents which have taken place have any basis in truth.

"When people have looked at the Roswell incident, or when people have looked at pictures... a rational explanation tends to be produced to try and show what has happened is not what those who believe in UFOs suggest.

"But I think we should be a open as possible, so I would be quite happy to give you a guarantee that if I became prime minister I would always be entirely open and frank about these things.

"I don't think any of us have any clue whether there's intelligent life out there and it is certainly not something that any government should seek to hide from anyone."

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good lord. Cameron is an Oxbridge career politician. Like all of that breed, he was politically BORN with CFR arms up his butt.

He is therefore incapable of truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well that would get me to vote for him for sure. Even though they say he's inexperienced, I'd rather have an inexperienced idealist in power than Gordon Brown atm.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lazyninja -Do you really believe NuLabour and the Tories have EVER been anything than 2 sides of the same coin?

These people work for the same masters, bankers and powerful globalist corporations. Elections are a scam to make you little people actually think you have any say at all. On long term agendas you have none whatsoever. Thatcher thought she could break free from this and look what happened to her.

There will be UFO disclosure as and when the powers behind them need to.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by songthrush
Lazyninja -Do you really believe NuLabour and the Tories have EVER been anything than 2 sides of the same coin?

I used to. Things aren't quite as simple as a particular man being controlled by corporations or other interests, rather they are influenced, or pressured. Over here in the UK things are a lot less corporate controlled than America. At least visibly. And even if Cameron did get elected and go back on his promise, it's more than Brown is offering on the UFO situation.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am actually based in the UK. Did you hear the covert audio tape of the UK House Of Lords member who bragged about being paid 100,000 Pounds by one company, 20,000 the next.. all for him to make law changes for their corporate benefit?

The UK is rampant with it, it's as bad as the USA. We have the City Of London after all, where 99.99% of all known parasites hide...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No UK politicians will disclose anything, sorry to disappoint, they are outside the loop, totally. This subject isn't 'alien' it is very much human and much more dangerous.

I think Michael Howard got close, but he f***ed something up and got a warning shot. I have close links with a retired Kent Constabulary officer (now retired) who told me this, and I trust him.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Well, we can only hope Obama beats him to it

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Hello guys, found this posted on fox news right now, thought id add some American news media into this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join