It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*ATSers* - It's Time To Say "Thanks". Help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm fed up with the lack of THANKS that the staff here get.

Sure, there's plenty of complaints about "ATS and Adware/Spyware/Hi-Jackers", complaints about "I don't have enough points", complaints about "ATS knows my nationality", complaints about "The time is all messed up on my account", complaints about the "T&C" and just about every aspect of ATS from one view or another.

So my ONLY complaint....not enough THANKS to the staff and owners.

What would you do if you weren't HERE right NOW? (For FREE!)

What if you couldn't Rant or post that amazing photoraph you've just taken or clip you've just found or discuss your latest hair brained theory in the Skunkworks?

How would you joke and laugh at some of the silly posts, slap your forehead and go "oh no!" at some of the Breaking News stories.

It's all very well saying you'd just go somewhere else.....but this place for me is where the "somewhere elses" come together for a culmination of truth seeking and denying ignorance (and a little fun in the process). Something we all enjoy....eh?

So let's hear it for:

Skeptic overlord,
Springer,
The Super Moderators,
The Administrators,
The Moderators,
The Tinwiki Editors,
The Subject Matter Experts,
The Writers, Fighters and The Scholars,
The Conspiracy Pros,
Even Jhonny & Dave

We Love You All Really, it's just some members want a perfect world. Can't blame them for trying eh?

Come on folks, say thankyou with me and flag this into oblivion so all the staff get the message. It's about time there was less criticism of ATS and more thanks For it.

OK, Rant over....carry on Denying Ignorance my friends.

Peace Love and Light....nerb

[edit on 26/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Dear Lord Nerbot, why don't you inflate their egos a tad more.

As it stands already their heads can barely fit in their avatars.

[edit on 26 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Are you adding to the complaints list

And I wasn't JUST talking about Skeptic and Springer.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks nerbot!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Dear Lord Nerbot, why don't you inflate their egos a tad more.

As it stands already their heads can barely fit in their avatars.

The size of my head is matched only by the thickness of my skin though an insult is an insult and not allowed here. The Terms and Conditions of Use protect member and moderator alike so I ask that you take that into consideration next time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks owners and mods alike for the fab site and the opportunity to express ourselves and meet other fantastic, like-minded people and aliens

But seriously Thanks

[Edit for crap spelling]

[edit on 26/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Unfortunately the thickness of my skin has exceeded the size of my funny bone and the effectiveness of my crystal ball. I was just told via u2u SD was joking.

[edit on 1/26/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

You are MOST WELCOME, and don't let the complaints get you down mate.

If we had no complaints I be concerned we weren't nearly edgy enough, also it's a healthy community that questions the leaders and a SCARY one that blindly follows (think Jim Jones).

Now make no mistake, there are those whose only purpose is to disrupt, attack and smear. Their reasons are typically they were banned in a prior incarnation and took offense that we took offense to their utter lack of social grace or twisted hoaxing...

There are also those who are so horridly GREEN with envy of the wondrous community of brilliant minds our little site has attracted while their site has waned into the darkness of obscurity due to their own bias dominating and thereby trying to control what people say that they simply CAN'T STAND THAT ATS CONTINUES TO GROW EVER LARGER
so they simply MUST come and dig up whatever imagined or libelously false tripe they can type.

But then (and these are the vast majority IMHO) there are the honest members who are truly concerned about the issues they voice. It would be stupid and incredibly crass of us to ignore these folk and their concerns.

I will admit it does get frustrating when we've explained whatever the situation is (ala the most recent "HiJacking/Spyware thread :@@
and it is either not believed, not understood or the facts are simply ignored. But that just comes with the territory of owning a popular discussion site, especially one based on "Alternative Topics".

I have to say that all the Bravo Sierra we have to deal with is made much easier to handle by the "core Membership" who truly get it and add to the intellect of humanity here everyday.

Thank You Nerbot.

Springer...

[edit on 1-26-2009 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Great idea!!!

I stumbled on this site a long time ago, posted anon a couple of times then decided that I could wait no longer!!
I for one LOVE this site!

Thank you all for the great work that you do and for making this a wonderful family to be a part of!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Agreed Nerbot, Agreed.

Thank you:

Simon
Springer
SO
Admin

For providing us with a Free site to be our whack-job selves. A place to think and brainstorm, and a place that takes up far too much of my time
Thank you for ATS and BTS. Thank you for hosting a website where we can talk Politics, Aliens, Dreams, Conspiracy Theories, Breaking News, Alternative News, General News, and all of the other awesome Forums we can participate in.

SuperMods
Mods

Thank you for looking out for us, for protecting us, and for sticking us back in line when we stray from the rules. Thanks for playing in the sandbox with us, for lending a helping hand, and thank you for all the time YOU spend, making sure discussions run smoothly.

Archivists
Subject Matter Experts
Editors

Thank you for bringing your knowledge and experience to ATS. Thank you for your well-researched and presented Opinions on News, Conspiracies, and always double checking sources. Thank you for contributing to this site, and raising the quality of posts. Thank you, for your credibility.

Writers
Fighters
Scholars

Thank you for contributing your ideas, and participating in Collaborative Threads. Thank you for stimulating our brains, and giving us the opportunity to view things in a different light. Thank you, for challenging our opinions and forcing us to back up our claims. Thank you for your ongoing research projects on alternative topics, and interesting subjects - that we might have never been exposed to before.

and
Members.

Thank you, for your interest in this site, and keeping it going. Thank you for your informed threads, your diverse opinions, colorful attitudes, and your acceptance for those who have differing opinions then your own. Thank you for your tolerance of Skeptics and Believers alike, despite which ever one you are.

Thank You.
ATS is an awesome site, and I am happy to be a member of it.

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Let's not forget my favorite complaint...

"I screwed up, got caught and now I am mad that they shut my post down!"

Well done staff

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thank you Nerbot,

Really it’s such a pleasure to be here as both a member and as staff,
We are a community and it has never failed to amaze me the amount of hard work put in by the ATS members and that of my fellow staff, ATS is a set above the rest due to the whole ATS Team, From the members, the staff, the site owners and everyone who come here to share there experience or bring there knowledge to the ATS table,

Also Thanks to the BTS mix team... Doc and Spencer and to all the Mix shows... The amount of hard work they put in to bring us those shows weekly,

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
What would you do if you weren't HERE right NOW? (For FREE!)

If you really want to deny ignorance, then you would have to admit that most people would either be on another free forum or they would be doing something much more constructive with their time. It is that simple.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Very well said nerbot.

and that is precisley the reason why I created the the official thank a member/mod thread

I feel that the people who make this website tick, dont get enough recognition for the good things they do or say.

I wish I could give the mods applause when I see actions from them that go above and beyond the usual.

I agree, the mods dont get shown enough appreciation. Well said nerbot, just well said

I would applaud this thread if I could. Bu the most I can do is star and flag and say thanks.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

No. Thank you, and the other members who contribute so well to ATS. Without you, we wouldn't have anything to do.

It's called a member driven site for a reason. To all of you, thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks to all of the staff and to the site owners that make this the best site on the internet!

Thank you to the members that help make this a great place to visit each and every day.

Yall rock, you should know that.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread man!! Its always good to send our thanks to those who gave us such a great gift! Thats the gift of an open platform where we feel truely safe in speaking our minds without being bombed by trolls and ignorance!
This is the only safe haven I have ever found on the net where I can come here and share my personal exp in this life.. Without jumping into the hassle zone!
Granted its life.. and we are always going to meet hassle for being different.

But this is MY thanks to all the Great Mods and owners of this site!

You guys have been great to me. and for that I am Thankfull!!
But then again those in know already know that.. And already know me..

It never hurts to repeat that.. As this place is a gift to minds like mine..
Who live in a world full of ignorance.. It has no place here..

[edit on 27-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great response people, now I know why I'm so cheesed of with this place!

Thanks to all the staff who replied, YOU make this place "tick" more than members it seems.

Seems contribution only comes from the majority of members after they've recieved what they want first.

A few exceptions, but on the whole my original rant still stands.

I'm dissappointed in Skeptic Overlord though....doesn't reply to my messages when I offer something of benefit to the community which took skill and time to create! All I wanted was approval for a "FREE GIFT" to ATS/BTS and it's members.

If any staff get to read this and are interested, please U2U me and I'll enlighten you further. Otherwise....I'll just keep it to myself.

cheers everybody...nerb

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well I'm sorry nerbot that you seem upset with something. But you have to understand that Skeptic is VERY busy trying to do stuff for ATS and he is run of his feet more than any of us, He gets many many u2us a day and it can take him quite some time to through them,

We all have real lifes as well to deal with so please be patient, If you do have an idea that you want reviewed then please use the suggestions, That way we can review it and hand it to the boss if its something that he can make a decision on,

But really please remember these guy are working 100% behind the scenes to make ATS a wonderful place to be and to give us all the opportunities that become available to us,

Feel free to u2u me what you want to say and i can always review and get back to you,

[edit on 31-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
But you have to understand that Skeptic is VERY busy trying to do stuff for ATS and he is run of his feet more than any of us, He gets many many u2us a day and it can take him quite some time to through them.

So true! I can personally say SO has been kind enough to answer me many times here in the past..
And many times its not so much what you say.. But how you say it.

Wouldn't you agree that we have already been given a free gift?
Many times I would rather have something such as the platform to speak my mind over material things, such as Tshirts, mugs, or other ATS gear.

I have to say.. SO has done alot already.. So just give him some time.. I can bet you he will be in conntact with you soon.
And not saying this to be a little suck up or brown noser..
He honestly has taken the time to reply to so many of us on here.. Prehaps its was just bad timming.. Or the fact your a steelers fan! hehe JK! Go steelers!!!! woot!

My advice is give it some time.. And try to word yourself correctly.. Granted I don't know what was said.. And what was said is between you and him.. Just give it about a week or 2.. He has been good to us here..
As asala pointed out.. He is a very busy man.. And sometimes other subjects and issues take a front seat over the whim of one member.

You can't please them all.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by zysin5]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join