It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Judiciary Chairman Subpoenas Karl Rove

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The actions of these men have been pretty transparent in their criminality.

That aside, no, he is not guilty in my eyes yet ON THIS ISSUE. What I see this as is a positive sign that their misdeeds, many of which can be verified through the public record, are being overlooked.

In fact, he hasn't even been charged with anything yet.
This is just an investigative subpeona, and one he has already refused. To many, a refusal to participate implicates he may have ulterior motives. I suppose that he could take the stand and plea the fifth, but even that would be better than him flat out refusing a subpeona on grounds he simply alledges to have. Which, by the way, have now been clarified by Obama to make clear that an advisor cannot claim executive priveledge.

Even more evidence that they are going after them. And I applaud it.

In fact, if he DID plea the fifth before Congress, I would laugh my ass off. Because obviously, the next step would be to gather other circumstantial evidence, and when coupled with his refusal to testify, would be CLEAR grounds for an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice.

Furthermore, I would direct you to my previous post in regards to the "move on" argument.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
He refused the first time, what's different now besides a different president? Bush just backed him in his refusal, he could have refused without the help of Bush and they couldn't have done anything so I don't see where Obama being the president should stop him from testifying now except for pressuring him. If he is serious (which I think he is) about not testifying, even pressure won't make him do it. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

[edit on 26/1/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The difference is that now he won't be given a green light by the executive branch to impede justice.
Just watch. Rove will testify.
Either before the Congress, or in Federal Court.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You think it is nonsense? Why, if Karl is being called by the Law to testify, let the system decide. Don't you agree?

2 Words.
--- Fishing Expedition ---
Standby for ..........zippity dudaaaa.....

Look forward. Not backward.
You're wasting your time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Well by what I see, he is already condemned, so it is no suprised to me he said no, people have already made up their mind without giving the man a trial.
Not defending any of the mans actions, but I at least think he should be tried before being condemned.
If he is not tried, then that only means that nobody has any hard evidence of anything, besides outside speculation.

Amen.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 26-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Until people in those positions are held accountable for their crimes, they will continue to commit them.

Criminals investigating criminals. Congress is just as liable for those accused crimes.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I bet if it was congress looking into Obama's birth certificate you'd be all over it huh?

Actually, I would not. What i would like to see is people investigating Congress for their dereliction of duty. Are you aboard for that or is it a Bush thing?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
HMMMMM!
Let me guess, his nickname was "Bush's Brain", but I bet ya all he'll remember to say is "I don't recall". That way they can play amnesia and not have to answer the tough questions. I also bet he will use the 5th amendment from the very constitution that they tried to destroy. Like a wife of an abusive husband expected to bail him out of prison.....let's see if our constitution is just as passive as many of the abused wives out there. Will America save Karl Rove after being beaten up by him so much? We will see. But I can clearly hear those words possibly 20-50 times already. "I DON'T RECALL". (Thinking) I wonder if waterboarding would help Karl Roves' memory. Just an idea.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by DNAlien Fusion]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Praise Allah! I’m not going to get too excited yet, those cronies could get away with bashing someone’s head in on national TV. I don’t know how they do it, but no matter the public outcry or illegal corruption they get caught in they wash their hands of it all quite easily.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Novastar824

I think it is obvious that some responding did not read the article and have no clue what this is about.

This is about the firing of the U.S. Attorneys which was not only lawful but in fact Clinton fired them all if I recall when he took office. The difference is that Bush kept Clinton's people on and fired a few of them later rather than fire them all like MOST Presidents have done.

If you think this has anything to do with other issues folks, it does not, so what's all the excitement about?

This is just a move to help Conyers get more votes on the next election. No crime was commited so nothing can come of it other than wasting millions of our dollars for something to be used in a future campaign add.

The things people want Rove to answer for have ZERO to do with this.

Reading articles is your friend if you want to have a sensible conversation. If a President firing employee's was a crime, Clinton and every other President for that matter would be on death row.

What Conyers is doing is worse in fact because he knows that the President can fire these people for any reason at any time and he is still wasting more money on this nonsense. When Conyers next runs, you will see this in his ads. Remember it was you who paid for him to hold hearings about a non-issue of no significance to you or your children who will pay the bill.

I'm pretty sure that Obama fired a few so when do those hearings start. How about Clinton since he fired them all on day one? Same thing exactly. Only a crazed Partisan would even care.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

This country is getting desperate, and the last thing that we need to be doing is hanging onto old feelings. Lets move it along people.

B.S. we should not move along until justice is served! I have been beside myself for since a little after 9/11 when they started using our fear against us and taken advantage of us.

They have done more damage to this nation than any terrorists could have dreamed of. They have done nothing but promote terror, lied, ruined good peoples lives, nearly ruined this great countries good name, walked all over the constitution, killed our men and women in war and then stole our money.

Justice needs to be served!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
...those cronies could get away with bashing someone’s head in on national TV. I don’t know how they do it, but no matter the public outcry or illegal corruption they get caught in they wash their hands of it all quite easily.

This is so true! If they were on the news killing someone these kool aid drinkers would say "move on".

I want justice so bad. In my 46 years I have never seen such a nightmare as Bush Inc. Or is it The Cheney Corporation? Maybe Rove L.L.C.?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
the problem is karl rove is a dirty rotten scoundrel,,who would sell his own mother down the river

and he is a liar

do you think him taking the oath means crap

he will lie, plead the 5th,, or claim privelege and such or just run them in circles

however in watching other hearings,,,,when questioning the witnesses they can be pretty hard and nasty----so that will be interesting to see

is there a date and time for this hearing yet????

see how dirty he is---watch the doc. called Bush's Brain

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Who was it that said:

You want Truth, you can't _______ the Truth.

I'll let the reader fill in the blank as they like.

Do we need to a poll to hear the statistics on this one?

As in Revelations we are in Revolutions.

Can't have One before the 'other'.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You can B.S me all you want. You are asking that something be done that wont be done.

Yes, what our govt did was horrible, and downright mad, but did anyone do anything to stop them? NO. Did you go knocking on the White House door demanding answers? NO. Did you do anything to get those men out of power from 7 years ago? NO. If you ask me, we the people are just as much to blame for all of the screwed up things that have happened for NOT doing anything about it.

Everyone always wants to put the blame on someone else without getting scathed. it is always "it wasnt me, it was him" "No those arent my drugs, they are his".

Our govt is OUR responsibility, and when they do acts so horrible in our minds, and we continue on letting them do such things, then we are no better. The GOVT is NOT supposed to run us, we are supposed to run the GOVT, and if we cant even handle that as a people, then we dont deserve that power.

And I am sure I am going to get a reply from you saying "Oh what could we have done about it, we couldnt have done anything" bla bla bla. Yes you could have, I could have, my neighbors could have, but no. Instead, everyone just sits back and runs their mouths about "Oh we need to do this and do that". Aint nobody doin a damn thing about anything, we let them run all over us, and when they finally do get out of that position, thats when everyone wants to start attacking, its really pathetic.

(to the poster)...Sorry if this post wasnt on topic, but I think people in here arent really worried about the topic, they are just worried about putting people on the cross , they waited 7 years before they grew some **&*s to do anything.

People either need to put up, or shut up.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I guarantee that if they put the squeeze on Rove he will break down and take all of the Bush Administration down if it means he can avoid any real punishment.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

How about Clinton

What about Clinton? I'm upset with all the "loopholes" he used to get around the constitution but that happened when I was nearing the end of elementary. If I had the chance I would have been just as angry as I am now and bashing him too. There were plenty of people who were far older than I who were aware of the situation and could have done something about it, if not at least protested it. Looks like none of that outrage went anywhere and he was still pretty popular even though he left office in shame.

So, what do you expect me to do about it? That ship has sailed. What are we suppose to do? Let this administration get away with everything just because former administrations pulled it off? Then when does the cycle end?

[edit on 27-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This topic is largely moot. You know what gets me down about this sort of thing ? Its the fact that , sure , stick some guy in the witness box, sure get a symptom of the national decay exposed so you can work on it...
But the trouble is that justice is NEVER served absolutely. Put it like this:
The Problem = The guy in the spotlight is guilty but can get away with it using the law. Unfortunately the law has NO way round this, because really evil Btards cover thier tracks, and so irrefutable evidence is like dinosaurs... you know they existed, but all thats left is artifacts.
Now WHATEVER Rove may or may not have done, all the case does is prove how many holes there are that a scumbag can jump through to avoid prosecution.
I find it interesting that rather than work on plugging up all the holes so that the guilty are always convicted, they are actualy just distracting everyones attention away from the gaps in the system. Its sensationalised . This has been hyped to keep us busy , and keep attention away from the reality that we as the human race find unacceptable. Law is imperfect , and ineffective. Law is also more important than Justice . It shouldnt be , but it is.
Dont get excited over this particular case is all Im saying. Get excited when gangsters get shot by cops on the street without tax payer money being spent on thier trial and upkeep. Get excited when men who sin against your entire nation , are stripped of thier wealth and made to live in cardboard boxes. Rejoice by all means when Justice is IMMEDIATE. But until then, calm down. This isnt the "change" that you are expecting... I get the feeling thats all comming a little later.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hey all. New to the boards here...nice to meet everyone.

IMHO, Rove should be just the beginning. Bush, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz, Rice, and Cheney need to be brought to justice for the crimes the administration has committed.

I feel that the "waste of taxpayer's money" is sort of a cop-out. The amount of money it would take to investigate the going-ons of the last eight years won't even put a dent in the benefits of knowing what went wrong and how to fix it.

Also, on a moral level, if a person commits a crime, they need to be brought to justice through a fair trial. Period. I don't hear anyone complaining about Blago's corruption case, and this is on such a larger scale!

If it were up to me, the entirety of the Bush Administration would be thoroughly investigated on their lying to the American people, international war crimes they have committed, their ties to the Saudis (most particularly the Bin Ladins), and the countless charges of petty political corruption throughout the administration. Also, I think the questionable events of 9/11 need to be further investigated through an independent party comprised of state representatives and lower-level politicians.

Rove is the beginning. Thank god that we're getting the ball rolling.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Let him be dragged to congres by the FBI if he refuses. Kicking and screaming, when he lies hold him in contempt until he turns around or dies, whatever comes first. Repeat the procedure with the whole lot of them.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Harman]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join