It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Navigational Issues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Something I can't quite manage to wrap my head around is how our little hyper-intelligent, technologically superior friends seem to have trouble discerning the ground from the sky and keep happily crashing into the former. I mean, it must be a long way to come to just slip on the joystick and go careening off of a mountain. I can only imagine the chagrin of the little greys, sitting around their crashed disc, when the first humans arrived to investigate. "Oh Crill, (or Krill), we're really going to be in trouble with dad this time." But seriously, any ideas as to why this would be so much trouble for them?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by borrowedsolution

They should know better than to drink and fly! And I doubt they have a version of AAA to come and help them out of a jam.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by borrowedsolution

*L* Actually, I thought of it too just the other evening. Well, it all depends on how they travel. If they travel via wormholes or similar, then maybe the sudden gravitation in this world overwhelmes them to the extent that it makes them lose control over their ships, unless they are extremely experienced.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well, even poor sci-fi writers will tell you that the best thing to do in that situation is come out of your wormhole at a distance from the gravity well, or on the lip of it. But that might have something to do with it, I suppose even coming in on the lip could be a tricky maneuver. However, why wouldn't they have decent AI or neural inputs for flight? These are things that I'm sure we've accomplished on earth, and we're still crashing our jumbo jets into something or other because we have human controllers who have to do the job manually.

Edit: Also, I'm sure by now the gravitation pull and other navigational data for earth is a known factor for any intelligent races.
We knew most of it decades ago.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by borrowedsolution]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, one theory is that the ship is controlled throw telekinetics. Meaning, the little greys use their mind to control where the ship goes. Maybe they just have a random "brainfart" and then bam ship and earth meet.

Yea the little greys sittin on their ship waitin for the humans to arrive is pretty funny idea. Grey #1 tells Grey #2, man how am I going to explain to dad that an image a naked earth girl popped in my head and made me crash... This isnt going to "fly" well with them... Crap

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Did you consider that humans shoot them down with black-project weapons?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm mainly talking about instances before we knew very much about the aliens (by we I mean the governments) and had our paws on their little goodies for mayhem and destruction. I'm sure a lot of them do get shot down lately, but then, some of them might still be coming down the good old fashioned way: pilot or mechanical error.

Also, if they're really far in advance of us, then they must be able to counter this. And I've never seen a UFO shot down in a video. Although I have seen them shot at in video taken from the space station (?) or something like that. And on that occasion, we missed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yeah I know which NASA video you are referring to. Almost looked like some laser beam originating on Earth shooting straight at the UFO (which seemed to know ahead of time and got out of there).

There could be plenty of other reasons - maybe some of it is intentional - like going back in time and giving a lighter to a caveman

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
maybe they had a war and the mothership got blown up so they drifted in escape pods onto earth -maybe we'll find loads of pods floating around in space one day -maybe the asteroid belt is full of them.

maybe they come to earth for fuel but find we've ruined all the good oil deposits or that we can't make antimatter fuel cakes yet so run our of fuel.

maybe they come here in craft which get fried by our toxic air, electromagnetic polution or bad vibrations.

maybe they can't help but read out minds and the filth and hate causes them to go insane.

maybe they don't crash nad they never come here.

i don't know

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Lol skeeveve. Yeah, it would kind of be fun to hand java man an AK47 and watch him clear out the village. Probably useful if you want to kill him afterwards and take over his land. Or just kill him afterwards because you're the kind of sicko that gave him an AK in the first place and didn't really want anything other than a cheap laugh.

It makes sense that the ship would 'know' about the weapon being fired at it (I believe the theory I heard was that it was a charged particle weapon) if the craft worked using the laws of quantum entanglement (or, more simply, the zero point field). A projectile launched at the craft could appear as a sort of time-shifted representation of it's path. The moment the ordinance is launched with the intent to intersect with the craft, the craft shifts it's polarity and slides out of the way, perpendicular to the path of the bullet.(or whatever it was)

new topics

top topics

join