It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi Using NLP Techniques. Using Obamas logo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Has any one noticed Pepsi's new campaign? Its just a nice clean can with only Pepsi on it with a brand new logo on it, that looks just similar to Obama's Change logo.

Well I was watching the pespi commercial and it didn't have one word in it that said "Pepsi" or a Soda can for that matter, just a bunch of subliminal message or NLP techniques, by constantly branding the Pepsi logo with words like "happy' with the logo in place of the 'a' in Happy, and the word "Joy" and the Pepsi logo right in the place of the "O".

The thing that is wrong, an I think Illegal is, that after being brainwashed by the commercial a few times not knowing that it was actually a Pepsi commercial, you would actually get influenced to by the new Pepsi when you go to the store whether you like it or not. Why? because it'll bring you "Joy" and make you "Happy" (did they take this from Zoolander? "Happy,happie, HapPY!lol) back to the subject.

So imagine if your thirsty for some Coke a Cola and you rush into the store and see a nice cool fridge with a bunch of different soda pop cans and you just scan real quick with your eyes which one would you choose? The Coke a Cola or the one that makes you "Happy" or brings you "Joy"??? think about it?

See it for yourself

and here is the Video of the New Pepsi commercial any thoughts?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I see the vague similarity, but only since it was pointed out
here, right now. I did however see the new logo in a store a
few months ago and thought it was a step backwards. Rather
crappy upgrade of a logo. Unbalanced and skewed.
Pepsi sucks anyhow.
Who orders a rum and pepsi?!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Exactly what I thought "what a crappy upgrade" I couldn't believe it I thought Pepsi was smarter then that. Until I saw this connection, genius! but so bold out their if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Meh. P want a mello yello. Those seem to be disappearing from fountains lately.
Replaced with that crappy Vault soda.

As for the similarities.... it's also like the logo for the giant brand bikes. Might have been purposeful on Pepsi's part, but it's nothing new from them.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think Pepsi is aiming this campaign at the globe, the US is just a small proportion of their market. The rest of the world hasnt seen this Obama logo often enough be "programmed" by it.

This theory is far fetched to say the least. I think its more likely that Obama chose his logo because it resembles something else that has been "programmed" into the citizens of the US.

To me it looks like the sun rising above the flag.

Edit to add:

I just noticed how they write "pepsi" on the new can with changed characters and it read as "pelosi" at first sight. Pepsicola must be democrats all the way

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Waldy]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed it right away and pointed it out to my wife the first time I saw the new logo. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's NLP programming, I just think they're a marketing firm trying to "ca$h" in on the current Obama-mania while the iron is still hot.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Here's the old Pepsi logo. not too different. I'm not convinced there's anything to this.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Waldy, the rest of the world has seen the obama logo nerly as much as the rest of us.

Who orders rum and pepsi? who orders rum period? rum is nasty.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Waldy, the rest of the world has seen the obama logo nerly as much as the rest of us.

Ay, ay, I take offense to that. Rum gets a bad rap. Always getting listed as a second-class liquor. I favor gin myself, but I find nothing wrong with rum, and I do find it to be a universally palatable liquor. One of the few I can drink without really 'feeling' like drinking.

Of course, my opinions are mine, and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
yeah I saw it a little while ago and agree its a crappy new logo.
I like pespi over coke it just taste better.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing when a few of their commercials got played back to back; was laughing at first and then started paying attention, really creeped me out. I like the messages but not the delivery.

And to answer your question:

Coca Cola

I like the extra fizzy bite from a nice cold one, especially if it's in a glass bottle.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It is subliminal advertising

NLP was designed to MODEL, it is a set of modeling tools that techniques and other models fall out of.

So for instance.. you would use NLP to model how successful advertisers get the job done and you'd follow the structure...

There are no NLP Agencies.. there are advertising agencies.

I wasn't aware making a picture look like another one was NLP lol

sure there's a technique called reframing .... but come on.

Stop demonizing NLP... This is called Advertising, not NLP regardless of whether or not advertisers use techniques and models that were born out of NLP is trivial, it's how you use the models and techniques of NLP that matters so once again I will reiterate that this is not NLP.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the evolution of the Pepsi logo:

Notice how the original resembles the Coca cola logo and how it evolves away from it until it becomes unique. It is the perfect branding tactic.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just noticed the new Pepsi logo on a bottle last night. I poured myself a glass and remarked to my friend how good it tasted. I usually prefer Coke and very rarely drink Pepsi. But this Pepsi was better than any Coke I had in months. Somehow they must have managed to brainwash me without me even knowing about it. With the connection to the Obama logo now pointed out; it is clear, the only logical solution is "they" have gotten to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

This guy orders rum...
not that captain morgan crap or bacardi..
Pyrat or 10 Cane....
Mmmm rum, get that pepsi out of here.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Maybe he needed the money??
whoaaa

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Meh. P want a mello yello. Those seem to be disappearing from fountains lately.
Replaced with that crappy Vault soda.

As for the similarities.... it's also like the logo for the giant brand bikes. Might have been purposeful on Pepsi's part, but it's nothing new from them.

mello yellow????last time i saw that it was on the front of cole trickle's car in days of thunder--say circa 1990

damn that was 19 years ago,,, man time flies

i love Vault,, but nobody in NJ seems to carry it

i would love to sip some refreshing, thirst quenching mello yello

where you at,, where they still have it??? generally

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
It is subliminal advertising

NLP was designed to MODEL, it is a set of modeling tools that techniques and other models fall out of.

So for instance.. you would use NLP to model how successful advertisers get the job done and you'd follow the structure...

There are no NLP Agencies.. there are advertising agencies.

I wasn't aware making a picture look like another one was NLP lol

sure there's a technique called reframing .... but come on.

Stop demonizing NLP... This is called Advertising, not NLP regardless of whether or not advertisers use techniques and models that were born out of NLP is trivial, it's how you use the models and techniques of NLP that matters so once again I will reiterate that this is not NLP.
Isn't this "NLP anchoring" ? and don't you think advertising companies use NLP?lol. If not I think I'm going to open up one that does - I will destroy the competition!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow thats crazy is that the actual evolution of Pepsi? Is so look at the third can it says "drink" over the 'Pepsi Cola'.. Thats subliminal I think

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Everybody must check out this link!

LINK

It is a 27 page document by the Pepsi logo design team (The Arnell Group)

They use (amongst other things) :-
Golden Ratio
Sacred Geometry
Magnetic/Energy Fields
Emotion
Gravitational Pull

I don't know why - but i fancy a pepsi

new topics

top topics

join