It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help using infrared and xray to capture UFO's and Orbs!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just bought a Sony Nightshot TRV98 Camera and i want to be able to use infrared capabiiities day AND night. could anyone give me some suggestions on what i should buy, nothing to expensive, to get the infrared capabilies? I'm pretty much using this camera for anything paranromal and would like any ideas to "supe" up the cam. I know i'll need a infrared / xray lense, but anything else? main things i want to do are try and catch anything weird in the sky day and night, and capture all the crazy orbs in my house, day and night. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!! much appreciated ATS brothers and sisters!!!

-ziggy

im also going to be taking it on a trip to a very paranormal place and want the best outcome possible!!! thanks again everyone

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Hi, I also have a sony dcr sr36 with nightshot. I have recently bought an infrared screw on lens that when used with the night shot function allows you to film in infrared. Here is a film I made using this lens(that I got from ebay for about £12.00)

Also visit this thread for more advice. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
WOW! That is exactly what i want to do with mine. And when you zoom do still have the infrared and nightshot features working? Can you tell me the exact lense you got for your camcorder? Thx for the reply my friend.

-ziggy

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
and does this work both day and night? i want to be able to shoot during the day and at night....thx again my friend

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You cant use the infrared at night because the lens is so dark but during the day or with artificial light it works.And when you zoom in it is still in infrared.When you get your lens( mine is a 950nm) test it by looking at a remote control for your tv as when you press the buttons the infrared shows up very bright. To see at night you would need night vision which costs a bomb also check out night vision goggles on ebay to see what I mean.
Put this into ebay search bar.. 30mm 950nm Infrared X-Ray IR Pass Filter for sony DV DC

It is a ..30mm 950nm Infrared X-Ray IR Pass Filter

Introduction

IR filter can be used for improving visibility through certain kinds of fog or haze. This property is particularly important for long-distance photography on the ground where the detail of distant objects is often obscured by haze. It is also useful for high altitude, and especially oblique photography from the air like when landing an airplane in a foggy airport.

This infrared filter will filter out 99% of light seen by the naked eye only allowing infrared light through so that technically the naked eye can see 100% black when the filter is in place.

950nm is suitable for outdoor and strong light use .

850nm is suitable for indoor and weak light use .

760nm is suitable when at dawn or under faint light .

Supplied with protective casing
Made from high quality glass
Brand new, boxed and unused

Specification:

Filter thread size: 30mm
Made from high quality optical glass

[edit on 26-1-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 26-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That was amazing! I saw five orbs. Is this the only vid. you have filmed so far? What experience lead you to film this way?

I will check out the link you posted but just got way excited over your vid.

Awesome!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Well thanks but they are probably birds as seagulls show up quite bright in infrared in certain types of light like at dusk.This is another vid I took which Im not sure if is a bird or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I was just perusing the other thread and am impressed. Do you call them in? Have you had other experiences?

I hope I am not throwing off this thread. But

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

What experience lead you to film this way?

Awesome!

This.

and this (there are more vids of this sighting on my youtube home page in my videos.)

and the long clip

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing!! I am going to check out my Canon's instruction booklet and see if I can pick up some kind of filter for my camera.

That is just incredible!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
once again tarifa37, you amazed me with your vids!!!! thanks for all the info, its nice to hear it fom someone who is actualy using it for the same purpose as i. lets keep in contact about this, i should have my cam soon, and lens shortly after and i'll probably need your help on how to post on youtube as well lol

Post more of your vids too please!!

-ziggy

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
oh and will that lens work with all sony handycam nightshot cameras? it doesnt have a list of compatability. mine is a sony nightshot trv98 thx man

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

As far as I know if you have the night-shot function then it should work .You need to find out the size of the aperture this will be in your instructions or you could carefully measure to make sure the thread will screw into your camera.Mine is 30mm.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
well im glad i asked because mine is 37mm and i found an awesome IR lens for just about 8 bucks more. thanks you've been such a help!!

new topics

top topics

join