It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gunshots' at US embassy in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

'Gunshots' at US embassy in Yemen

news.bbc.co.uk

Gunmen have opened fire at a checkpoint outside the US embassy in Yemen's capital, Sanaa, Yemeni officials say.
Initial reports suggest no-one was hurt in the attack, apparently carried out by gunmen in a car.
Hours earlier, the US embassy said it had received a threat about a potential attack in "the foreseeable future".
US officials urged American nationals to exercise caution in the Arab country that has previouly witnessed attacks by militants on Western interests.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
THis is breaking news...something about a possible attack on the US Embassy in Yemen. I'll post more info if I find it.

It just gets better everyday doesn't it?

So far it no deaths reported and how many gunmen unreported.

Post info here if you can find it.

The anger seems to keep on building up.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Hope it doesn't turn into anything, but
I'm afraid it will.

By the way like the profile pic, ur a cutie.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seems like nothing to me. A few rowdy locals with a bee in their bonnet and a grudge fire a few shots off.
You have more violence in NY on any given night of the week.

I'll worry if anything else happens, but "shots heard near embassy" isn't really shocking or suggestive of anything is it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's being reported on the television right now. I guess there was an attack in September where 18 people were killed. Al Queda took responsibility for the attack.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Good find, man. I doubt it will turn into anything major, but who knows with the way the world looks today.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Yeah, so far it just seems to be a small incident, but like you said...who knows. Things seem to be going downhill quickly..in all areas.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, Yemen is traditionally a very volatile place. I'll keep my ear to the ground. The only good thing that has happened as consequence of our latest round of wars in the Middle East is that we have dealt a serious blow to the mission capabilities of Al Qaeda.
For now. In the long run, we have committed a serious blunder as we have created a new generation of "terrorists." Of course, this is all in our Military Industrial Complex's interest, of course. Gotta make sure you have an enemy on standby lest you lose your federal budget.

new topics

top topics

join