It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a wind turbine generator.Any Helpful Hints?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks man, I just figured that since I am currently unemployed that a project like this would be a good thing to work on. I would like to be able to help farmers augment their power requirements for thing like irrigationa nd what not. It seems like that guy Europe has nothing positive to contribute. JEEEEZ!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Dont worry some people seem to have a Modus operandi on here, it becomes plain pretty quickly if someone is arguing their principles and beliefs or truth, from an EGO or self stroking position.

I hope you enjoyed the extra plans, docs etc you have now in your email, should help you save quite a bit around the home, farm and build this and further projects, and go a lot more self sufficient, lots of interesting stuff if you have the time and right place to practise. More on its way too M8.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes, I have an idea for you, if someone has not mentioned it yet yet.Check out "Home Power" magazine. I use both solar thermal and photovoltaic power for my home and business. This is not yet known for the most part, but I have patented a window polymer transparent to most visible light but taps UV, the best for solar energy. Any way, my area is not large enough in area for wind power, but if you google "home power", you will be directed to the the magazine. Nice. Let me know what you think, cheers.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So heres a little update. I have chosen this motor for the turbine.-
cgi.ebay.com... 10789&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
I have chosen the vertical axis design. A 4 blade system, with 5 foot long blades. Kind of like this one but bigger-
www.windstuffnow.com...
I will begin assembly and test as soon as the motor gets here.
Cheers. Spook

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What do you think of Obama's push toward windturbine power as well as solar for the future of America?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join