It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Places of evil..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, not sure how to start this, and the title is really accurate; and I couldn't think of a good title for what I'm about to type. But I'll give it a shot and hop my thoughts work out to print favorably.

Growing up in Montana, with a large Native (Native American, American Inidan, Indian, Native-American Indian.. etc..)population I've been exposed to one, somewhat popular, or widespread belief, or myth. And that is, that not far out of my town (Missoula) there is a place where evil spirits gather, or originate. It used to be common knowledge amongst the natives that this was a place of evil, and that that evil also leaked into Missoula. I know one guy who's grandfather believed this, and I'll tell you the limited bit of info I could get from him ( I am no longer in contact with him, so I can't really get anymore; and I can't find anything on the internet about this particular place.) But first some of the background beliefs I've heard about this place.

Missoula is set in a valley along the Clark Fork river. The mountains to the east at the edge of the valley create the Hell's Gate Canyon. Along these two mountains (Mount Sentinal, and Mount Jumbo) created a great ambush point for the natives to attack anything coming along the river. Which is how the canyon got the name of Hell's Gate. From what I understand if the natives that inhabited this area, did not want you to live while traveling down this river, you didn't.

One of the theories I've heard about the myth is that the souls or spirits that of those that died in the canyon, were drawn too and congregated at this place. (Which while I have never gotten specific directions or locations, I believe to be Ovando Hill; I'll assume I'm right, and refer to it as such for the rest of this post.) And that these spirits, while they congregate at this hill, they will, and do come down into the Missoula valley to do their best to torment those that killed them, and now that they are gone, torment whoever it is that is in the valley now. (Lucky for me.. I live about 5 minutes walk from the river, and about 15 to 20 minutes walk from the canyon itself. Perhaps it is not so lucky :p) This theory on the myth seems to be the most popular one that I hear.

The other most popular theory to what causes the evil spirits is that there is actually a portal to the demon/spirit/whatever world on the hill. Nothing caused it, it just became a natural point at which the evil spirits would break out from their world into ours, thus it has alot of activity, and makes the nearby town, and before that popular camp site for the natives, and before that popular grazing and hunting ground for many animals. The valley has pretty much always been an ideal place for animals, inlcuding humans. Protection from tornado's and massive wind storms by mountains on all sides. Plenty of water, and plants, and most of the mountains have pine all over them, making for a good shelter, etc.
So perhaps the evil spirits picked the hill for a reason, people could use the valley, but their portal would be near by for whatever reason they need to come and be evil in our world.

Now those two bits of background info aside, I'll get on to the main point and story. This guy I know, was not born in Missoula. However when his grandfather learned that he intended on moving here, he insisted that he didn't. And told him stories of how this place was crawling with evil spirits. He told him a bunch of stuff about what the evil spirits did to people who lived in Missoula. Unfortuanatly my friend simply paraphrased it for me, and I've simply forgotten what he said.

Anyway my friend decided he was going to prove his grandfather wrong. Went exactly up to where his grandpa said the evil spirits originated from, and was going to camp out there for a weekend; and prove that nothing was wrong up there.

My friends account of this is that once he was up there, in the day time he just always heard wood creaking alot more than it should. Almost like there was a strong wind blowing through the trees and making them creak as if they were going to fall over. However there was but a gentle breeze. He felt he was always being watched, (I know probably quite a few of you have experianced that feeling, and it can be quite eery; especially when you are supposedly alone...). As the day drew on and the night came in, he said the noises started picking up. More wood creaking, and louder. Rocks clanking against rocks.. and a deep fear and paranoia set in on him. He didn't last half a day up there. threw his stuff in his truck, didn't bother to pack it in any sort of neat way. Threw his tent in according to him with most the poles still in it. And sped out of there.

He told his grandpa about it, and his grandpa insisted that he not move to Missoula. However he did anyway.

Since he moved to Missoula, he said he had nothing but bad luck. Lost job after job. Car crashes, stuff was always getting stolen from him, and he went to prison at least once. While he could be using the evil spirits as an excuse to his problems; I don't believe that's what he's doing. I honestly believe that the evil spirits that are supposedly up on that hill, had something to do with his string of badluck. Not to say he's a perfect person and didn't bring anything down on himself... just saying that evil spirits probably had something to do with some of it.

So wondering if anyone else has heard of something like this. And would also really like to hear some of your thoughts on what I've told you.

Thanks for reading through that post of probably run on nonsensical gibberish. I did my best to keep all my thoughts organized and on topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Set up an EVP and some cameras up there and go on a ghost hunt see whats up

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
An evil place I heard about, actually, is Washington DC. Our nation was founded by masons and apparently all the streets and everything are set up like a giant pentagram when looked at from birds eye view. The pentagon is a masonic symbol and so is that pointy thing. Our dollar has the symbol with the ever seeing eye on it which is also masonic. Just thought you might find this interesting.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I read a book about Washington last year. Its pretty spooky when you know what to look for.

There is a road near where I live now, which has one hell of a bad 'vibe' (as KayEm says). She used to live there and was convinced that it was built over some ancient burial ground. Its like the Oregon version of Stepford and some of the people can be downright nasty.

Then there's McMinnville (of UFO pix fame). That place is just a pain in the arse. I got very uneasy when I went there.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
there really are places that seem to hang onto a residue of feelings.

I went on a paranormal investigation down in Florida, to an old "Slave" cemetary. I have to tell you, the ground(s) themself seemed almost contaminated by the bad things that had happened there. And, yes, we did pick up activity, on film, and EPV's.

There are a lot of haunted places here in the United States.

(BTW-way cool post :up

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've posted about this several times but I'll say it again:

When i was maybe 10 my family and our friend went to this "O Keefe Ranch" in Kamloops, BC, Canada and as soon as we entered the farm house, i felt very uneasy and wanted to leave. I got the same feeling when near the cemetary. Even just looking at the church I felt scared.

Our friend (who was an adult) said that he had the feeling that someone was looking at him from the upstairs window of the farmhouse, but only the main floor is available for ANYONE to enter!!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've always been intrigued by the "Devil's Tramping Ground" in North Carolina... it's a circle of ground, about a mile or so in diameter (not 100% sure on that bit), where no plants will grow, and, supposedly, any objects placed therein will be shunted to the edge of the circle at some point during the night. Folklore has it that the Devil himself shows up there for a nightly walk; I have no idea what it is, but I intend to check it out myself one day.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There is a lot of imprinted negative energy out there. I work with lots of energies as part of my studies of religions. I actually just smudged an area today actually.

Most imprinted negative energy is a direct result of either someone calling upon it, or greatly concentrated negative emotions that occoured at the spot, either at one time or over the ages, without being clensed and balanced. The slave cemetary mentioned above would be a prime example of this.

There should be a great distinction drawn between negative and postitive energies though. Positive or "white" energy is usually manipulated by responsible users within sacred spaces and as such you are less likley to just wander into a space of positive energy than you are to find a space of negative.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
yeah theres lost souls everywhere in our country. so much have died on this dirt its not even funny. i hear alot about ohio, sippi, dc, texas and mexico having lots of high ''paranormal'' activity. if you think about it. thats where alot of faces of death vidz were shot.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
There was a section that I hated to go to. I had a friend who lived on that street. It was PITCH BLACK at night....no lights at all on the street, and a muddy yard. It gave me a creepy feeling, even in the daytime!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Off the top of my head, Theres the utah haunted farm, The zone of silence, Butt,MT on St.Patricks Day. Thats all I can think of.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nice topic.

Very interesting, but unfortunately not uncommon.

There's a street right by my neighborhood that has some very creepy vibes. My friend has told me some terrifying stories about that area and the very street he lives on. For example, a friend of his standing at the bottom of his driveway screaming as if she's being attacked and trying to rip off some creatures that are climbing up her body, later describing them like octopuses with claws at the end of their tenticles (my friend could not see the creatures and there were others present at the time who also witnessed the girl's behavior, but did not see any creatures). They later saw that she had claw marks on and around her chest. The same night, upstairs in my friend's sister's room, the same girl started to look around the room as if in a daze. My friend and his companions tried to tell her to calm down and that everything was ok, and she began to say things like "No, it's not you, you're dead." and as they told her to "Come back", a deep throaty voice screamed "NO!" but didn't seem to come from her mouth.

On the same street, that same friend was with his girlfriend looking for his sister who was supposed to be at a friends house on the street. His girlfriend suddenly started sprinting down the street. As she ran, the street lights above her blinked off one by one, and as she passed, they came right back on again. My friend ran after her and eventually caught up to her. He spun her around and she let our a gasp as if she'd be holding her breath in terror. She said that she saw him being ripped and torn apart by what she could only describe as something like a dragon. He later found his sister who said she saw him and his girlfriend hanging from a nearby tree.

The lights on that street turn off every time my friend passes by them. They do it for me too, not as often and not as many go off, but almost every time, at least one will blink off as I pass underneath.

My friend describes these as the works of demons, with which he'd had to deal for most of his life. He, his best friend, his girlfriend, his sister, and some of her friends can spot these demons most of the time (you don't actually see them, but it's that feeling like you're being watched). They also "attack" you when you talk about them, I don't know why, that's just what they do. Maybe to protect themselves because they feel helpless, I don't know, but I can feel them around me as I'm typing this and I'm getting more and more paranoid.

Anyway, I think that's what those spots are. Simply heavy with demons.

PS. I'm really not crazy, part of me doesn't believe any of this anyway, but the other part knows it to be true and I have more stories, but don't feel like typing any damn more tonight

[Edited on 4/13/04 by LostProphet]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
That's quite a creepy story if it's true, particularly the part about seeing your friends swinging from the tree.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Stay away from evil. Stop being so curious about evil. Read a book!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i can't remember it exactly, but isn't there a place where all the laws of physics are backwards. it's like an old house, execpt the house is all bent and distorted. a ball is dropped on the floor and runs UPhill. strong em fields are felt. wish i could remember the name of it, i saw it on tv a couple times

:Edit: Found it! Of Course, the main attraction at Mystery Hill is The Mystery House, where there is a stronger than average pull to the north which causes some of our basic laws of physics to work differently than normal. Stand at a 45� angle, watch a ball roll up hill, see water flow up hill and try other fascinating experiments! Come feel the power of Mystery Hill's gravitational anomaly! What causes this unexplained pull?

not sure if it's really evil, but deffinatly weird

Also, how could you forget about the Winchester House? no way would i go inside that house alone. more like a group of 10

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
woah, interesting story with the dragon. thats pretty freaky. ive heard of stuff like that before. but ive never really been attacked by demons. ive seen them but never actually fought them off. my uncle, who is a deacon at my church once told me that he awoke in his home to the feeling of a small childs hands massagging his shoulders. then when he woke up the hands suddenly disapeard. he described them as very cold small childlike hands. wierd stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by subzero360
Stay away from evil. Stop being so curious about evil. Read a book!

Do you mean read a book about evil!?!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandro:Edit: Found it! Of Course, the main attraction at Mystery Hill is The Mystery House, where there is a stronger than average pull to the north which causes some of our basic laws of physics to work differently than normal. Stand at a 45� angle, watch a ball roll up hill, see water flow up hill and try other fascinating experiments! Come feel the power of Mystery Hill's gravitational anomaly! What causes this unexplained pull?

Reminds me, the Missouri River ran backwards because of an earthquake.

Anyway Evil places:

I live in South LA, in Terrebonne Parish, not far from several prominent Civil War Battlegrounds. We have several antebellum homes. We have Laurel valley--haunted, pissied graveyards--often only at the fools who don't respect them, and Devil's swamp--I'm drawn there. I love the place--where my friend has seen someone form a tree every time she's near the road. There is something called the conductor there, and it frightens the other "ghosts"--some fool friend of mine decided he wanted to talk to it, thinking it was one of the things he's been in contact with before. There are people out there who watch for fools like this. Someone followed us out there the night he planned on contacting it. I go out there at night, with a group, because I like to see if there's anything. No one's ever followed us out there before. Fool gave up--for now.

Anyway--I know something isn�t right there, and the worse happens after midnight.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I live in South LA, in Terrebonne Parish, not far from several prominent Civil War Battlegrounds. We have several antebellum homes. We have Laurel valley--haunted, pissied graveyards--often only at the fools who don't respect them, and Devil's swamp--I'm drawn there.

Ooooo! The owners of Laurel Valley Plantation are friends of mine! Very nice, very good people. For the most part, the only paranormal strangeness they encounter are thrill-seekers looking for a scare. Their property is also used quite frequently for movies.

It's such a cool place.

It seems to be nearly all of SE Louisiana has a heavy spiritual vibe, for better or for worse. I do love it there, though.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Theres an old graveyard near to where I used to live that freaked me out every time I passed it. I have no idea why, because I love walking though old graveyards but this one just got to me.
Brrrrrrrrr, I'm getting the chills just thinking of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join