It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotech - Live Action Movie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I heard bits and pieces about this, but can't seem to find a lot of details...
Supposedly, Tobey McGuire (Spidey) has the rights (and likely wants to play Rick Hunter). Also, seems like the idea is to use the elements and characters from the first part (Macross, and the SDF-1).

Anyone else excited about this idea?

Not too long ago, I picked up the series on DVD, and have enjoyed it just as much as I did when I was a kid...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In my opinion Tobey would do better if cast as Max Sterling. Then some japanese guy, possibly 'Harold' from the Kumar-Movies, could be cast as Hikaru (Rick). And Jean-Claude VanDamme, or possibly a clean-shaven Chuck Norris would make an awsome Roy Fokker!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have to say... that would be cool...

The cartoon rocked, let's hope they don't ruin it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In my opinion Tobey would do better if cast as Max Sterling. Then some japanese guy, possibly 'Harold' from the Kumar-Movies, could be cast as Hikaru (Rick). And Jean-Claude VanDamme, or possibly a clean-shaven Chuck Norris would make an awsome Roy Fokker!

I don't know...the whole thing about Max, is he's supposed to be very handsome (moreso than Rick), and Tobey isn't really that. Roy should be more of a wisecracker...than a facecracker, hehe...

Since Tobey's producing it, he's pretty much a sure bet for Rick. I'd like to see Amanda Bynes as Lynn Minmay, Keira Knightley as Lisa Hunter, Seth Rogen as Ben Dixon, Edward James Olmos as Capt. Gloval, Beyonce' as Claudia Grant, and Owen Wilson as Roy Fokker, etc. Jake Gyllenhall would probably be a good Max Sterling, with his sis as the other Bridge Bunny maybe...

new topics

top topics

join