It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citi Jet Purchase: $50 Million, 12-Seat Plane Despite $45 Billion Bailout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Shoot I work for this bank, and also agree this is ridiculous. No wonder why no one gets a raise this year.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow. There's just no stopping the arrogance of this machine.
It's like watching a horror film.
Except it isn't one. It's real.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I feel that I should be able to back a truck up to CITI corporate offices (or any other corporation that received bailout money) and take anything and everything I wanted, and drive away. I feel that everyone should be able to do that.

The politicians that passed that bailout bill, are the same ones that hold stake in the companies that received the money. " Too big to fail " simply means, " if you don't pass that bill, all of our pockets are empty. "

I guarantee that if one were to look hard enough, he could find that money going from the American peoples pockets, straight to those that we call our leaders. It's gone to far. This has got to stop.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
[edit on 26-1-2009 by Spectre0o0]

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

so what is the reason why is it necassery to buy ect that is whats important not blame or speech hatred before knowing this ..

not really

we could pretend this episode never even happened

and most people would still hate them

Anyways, the truth is this

They are gonna keep robbing everyone, cuz no one cares enough to do anything about it

Ever seen "Fight Club" that movie?- bet it will never happen

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

It's always a painful to hear how corporations get to spend $50 million dollars on something they already have one of, while Americans are being kicked out of their homes and forced to have their family beg for money on the streets.

I hope that while these execs are using this jet to fly to some island for vacation while drinking champagne, they know just how many American lives were ruined so that they get to sit on those leather seats.

[edit on Tue Jan 27th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
www.minyanville.com...

Citigroup's decision to open its wallet on an expensive jet may not be the catastrophe it appears because Citigroup ordered the plane 2 years ago when the company had plenty of cash. There may be a stiff cancellation fee, so public-relations problems aside, it might make sense to buy the plane.

Yeah.

Not that I like it any more than the next guy...

[edit on 1/27/09 by Angry Danish]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's pointless.

It's pointless to even get mad about it because we all bend over and take it. Sure we might say "ow" but that is IT.

You guys really think they care what you type on ATS? You think they care about your opinion? Heck no, they are going to fly in luxury and we are going to moan and whine moan and whine moan and whine...

The government is no longer in the best interest of the people, and it is laid out and spelled out nicely what we are supposed to do when this happens. But everyone is so content with their internet connection and faceless voice.

American complacency is every bit as bad if not worse than what the crooks are doing to us...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
But wait a minute here, that's 50% off a 100% profit margin.

Well, Ok Joe, you da boss. You da Boss Joe.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
These companies CEO's have got to be the reason why the war on drugs is failing. Despite all the news about how irate Americans are at them for misusing the bailout money, they continue to make idiotic business decisions. Whether it is bailout money or not, when are they going to get it through their thick clouded head that right now is not the time to splurge on anything than the basic necessities. Commonsense has left the building folks.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by jam321]

[edit on 26-1-2009 by jam321]

Idiotic Decisions?

This is brilliant, every taxpayer is paying for their new jet,
Brilliant.

The banks went bust because they loaned too much money
to too many people and money that they never had in the
first place. And now money that is not theirs is being used
for new corporate toys, Brilliant.

And they know the government is not going to say, you can't
do that or we want our back.

This has all the gall of the 3 Amigos flying to washington in their
private jets to tell them they are going broke and need a hand
out.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
and once again, nobody will do anything about it, people need to stand up to the government, but we are all sissies, we are going to take it, because thats how americans are, america USED to fight in the past, but now america is a bunch of sissies, all we are is talk, we will whine about it, and continue with out lives. We will keep paying the government, .... we will get cornered more and more, and yet we will still not do anyting about it....

WE ARE PANSIES!!!!

George Carlin had it exactly right--the only reason people laughed is because he was telling it like it is. Too bad it can't be found on YouTube anymore.

www.rense.com...
"The real owners are the big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians, they're an irrelevancy. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the statehouses, the city halls. They've got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies, so that they control just about all of the news and information you hear. They've got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying ­ lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else."

"But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests. They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting fcked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fking years ago.

"You know what they want? Obedient workers ­ people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork but just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly #tier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. And, now, they're coming for your Social Security. They want your retirement money. They want it back, so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it all, sooner or later, because they own this fking place. It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club."

"This country is finished."

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This corporate jet story is symbolic of the level of lack of will power, control and respect that the average American has been stripped of.

These corporate f*cks don't care - they see themselves as elite while you're a faceless, no-name peon...

They simply don't care.

The above poster was right ---> all ATS posters are virtual greatest American heros.

One thing will stop this ---> Guns and Blood.

Not now though.....give it some more time....months, years, before the calamity, destitution and anger of the current meltdown sets in.

until then, BLOG on...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
I feel that I should be able to back a truck up to CITI corporate offices (or any other corporation that received bailout money) and take anything and everything I wanted, and drive away. I feel that everyone should be able to do that.

I wonder how much money would be available if the bailout had been distributed to every family in the US? Or how much if it was divided between everyone who is now working and everyone who has lost a job and is looking, and all retirees (who have lost the value of their retirement nest egg)? Just curious how that would have affected the country and the banksters. The 'crisis' did not come from bad mortgage loans--it came from the derivative time-bomb, which for years has been referred to as 'financial instruments of mass-destruction'.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
what makes me mad is that besides the fact of the 1st baill out plan they decide to buy large shares of banks that r bankrupt just to expand thier income in some way but now citigroup or w.e buys a 50 mill plane and the banks r still begging for more money , Barrack HUSSEIN obama is going to be the next dumass to get a bail out for them at price tag of like 5 trillion dollars like if the 1st 700 billion went down the gutter ? Do u realize that all these billions and trillions r just going to be pilled up debt that were never going to get off of our backs !! n u know thier gonna use some of this money for reallly useless "materials" instead of #ing buyin food real fukin food to feed the poor n some houses to those american real americans who pay taxes n deserve bettter than the lyfes thier givein to live now !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Hey SolidShot, good morning.

Yep, it was just like you and I predicted. You said that political pressure would make them back out of this deal. I said that they would claim that this deal was years in the making.

Here's a snip from today's news..and the link.

updated 3 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Citigroup Inc. has no plans to take possession of a new $50 million business jet aircraft, a spokesman said on Tuesday, a day after the bank's plan to take delivery of the plane raised political hackles.

A Citigroup spokesman said the bank had no intention of acquiring any new aircraft.

On Monday, a person familiar with the matter had told Reuters that the bank signed a contract several years ago to buy a Dassault Falcon 7X and planned to accept delivery later this year.

For the full article go here...www.msnbc.msn.com...

Great post!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sounds to me like because it was taxpayer money that bought that jet, that jet then is owned by the people of the united states to do with as they please.

I say time share it out to the people that payed for it.

Wonder how I can get use of it for a short lil trip to Florida?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by carole9999
I wonder how much money would be available if the bailout had been distributed to every family in the US? Or how much if it was divided between everyone who is now working and everyone who has lost a job and is looking, and all retirees (who have lost the value of their retirement nest egg)? Just curious how that would have affected the country and the banksters.

I believe that if we received the money instead of these large corporations, we would spend it. We would payback loans with it. Which in turn positively effects the corporations. Which stimulates the economy.

I still think that if these companies fail, then thats it, you fail. I own a small business and we are struggling like never before. We would have loved to recieve some of that money. Hell, sell (a) jet from 10 of these companies and give the money to small businesses.

If my company dies, I won't expect any help from the US government. I mean should I?

If the US government is in trouble, we are not only expected to help, but we could be forced to help. No wonder I crave my .40 cal more than a cup of coffee anymore.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Jacob08

I remember congress going crazy at the auto manufacturers for flying in jets to Washington. It will be interesting to see if this bank gets grilled in the same way.

Congress is the reason most of this is happening. They forgot to cross their "T's" and dot their "I's" when they wrote up and passed that freaking bailout bill.

they did not forget.. they probably did it purposefully!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If I just got 48 billion dollars I would go buy a new jet too... I guess they are just doing their part to stimulate the economy

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just par for the course..... Everybody who is in here and has accounts in Bank of America or Citi etc. Well your supporting this type of jolly drunken spending.... You can sit and huff and puff and try to wiggle out from under the finger pointing but if you have your money tied up with these companies you support this. And the truth hurts.....and more than not I would not have this sour taste in my mouth if people were not so blind with their political choices and such. Because as much as those who swear by Republican and Democrats being different are crazy they are the very government who controll EVERY aspect of your life no difference and I hope by the actions of these big companies you who vote (R)&(D) will start seeing the connection..."the dots"if you will. You want to change things. Pull your money out of these companies like I have and put it in a small local bank. I have changed every account I have business and personal even if I have to drive an extra 5 minutes to get to an ATM or branch. And every time my bank sells out to them I'll pull my accounts again,again,and again.... I have put solar panels in my house I now sell power back to the energy giants instead of them sucking me dry every month. There are things you can do. Be pro active instead of being a key board hero who always has "the solution" but continues to fall in line and do the very things he speaks out against. You know there are more to change than driving down to the local voting booth and casting a mythical hope for change when there are only 2 solutions given.... There are a reason you are given 2 choices.... "to limit your power".
Think about that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join