It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM makes you healthy! No, Really!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh... *brother*. The MSM is getting desperate.

Watching the news is 'healthy'...

I read it, and I just do not BELIEVE it.

A team of researchers led by Yasuharu Tokuda from St. Luke's International Hospital and Takashi Inoguchi from Chuo University, both in Tokyo, used data from a survey of 39,000 people to investigate the relationships between trust and self-reported health. Tokuda said, "This study is the first to analyze this relationship. Our findings suggest that mass media programs can contribute towards better health, especially among those people who have trust in mass media. The media need to recognize the importance of their important social role in terms of public health". Slightly over 50% of the Asian participants reported that they 'trust a lot' or 'trust to a degree' in mass media.

So, my fellow unhealthy lunatics... what say ye?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ow! My spleen......

I trust the corporate-controlled mass media to shepherd me into healthy blissful paradise .....

Ow. my duodemun!

I trust them, oh hell yeah!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Desperate indeed!
This just goes to show you. How much effect they want to have over our lives.
So if watching MSM is healthy.. Then if you don't watch it.. What are they trying to tell you here?

Is it like an underline tone trying to make you think you are unhealthy if you don't get your spoon fed information on a daily basis?

They are losing the mental War on our minds here. Even my own family who where never ones to buy into conspiracy theories are listening to what I have to say today.

My own mother, who is a very down to earth woman said this..
It wouldn't suprise me if the MSM is telling lies about so many things.
She even doubts that planes hit the buildings on 911..
I was like whaaaa? Did you just say no planes hit the building?
She said yeah why it makes sense.. Make everyone think they saw something when infact there was no planes.. Where did they go she asked?

Granted this is not about 911.. Nor do I want to talk about it.. Thats just one example of how more minds are thinking..
And she doesnt read about this stuff.. She came up with that on her own.
I was like
. Maybe Lear was onto something..

But back to the topic at hand.. MSM will say anything at this point to keep you fixed on the screen.. And seeing only what they want you to see.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I trust the MSM about as far as I can throw them .. into a bed of nails.

Anyone who buys into this nonsense should be checked out.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Really, this is great.

About as great as that other thread I read earlier about a report doctors did on mercury in vaccinations and reassuring parents that there is no reason to be concerned!

Insane. And funny.

Great find.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In Other News...

...a study of people from 29 Asian countries has shown that individuals with high levels of trust in the mass media tend to lie on self-reported health surveys.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You better believe it! Last week the news told me that coffee cures cancer.

Last month I found out that if I buy a space saver plastic bag for my closet then dust wont cause my allergic reactions ( they're hypo-allergenic you know).

In 2001 they alerted me to terrorist and I immediatly discriminated against Iraqis. I am alive and well due to everything the news told me!

Watching the news is healthy, BLAH!

top topics

join