It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity dieing as we near 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Whether or not you believe that something is going to happen in 2012, I have this overwhelming sense that Christianity is slowly shedding away as we near 2012. I believe in 2012 that we all will go through some kind of evolving transformation I went to church yesterday and there were really no young people, it was all older people. A majority of all the video's I watch about 2012 say that we are slowly realizing that christianity as we know it, is not the true way and in order for us to evolve we have to stop believing in what they say is a lie. Now, I don't know about everyone else but I have found that it is rare for someone around my age to believe in Christianity, and I live in Idaho. Even the Vatican has admitted that there is a growing trend in non-believers.

Is this something else that everyone else is seeing or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have stated the following more than once, here on ATS and will make it here too:

Jesus made this statement:

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh [ Jesus] , shall he find faith on the earth? [Luke 18:8]

It really isn't surprising to me that the majority question the existence of Jesus and as time progresses, it will become even more evident and people will become fully convinced in their heart that Jesus is nothing more than a myth [A Lie]. Sadly enough, quite a few have all ready arrived at this destination.

[edit on 1/26/2009 by jdposey]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think people tend to call believing in God as christianity. In one sense, yes the religion is losing numbers. But the number of people who believe in God hasn't changed, it has become more personal and spiritual, and people are now just doing it on their own terms.

As it should be.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think people tend to call believing in God as christianity. In one sense, yes the religion is losing numbers. But the number of people who believe in God hasn't changed, it has become more personal and spiritual, and people are now just doing it on their own terms.

As it should be.

Indeed, I couldn't say it better myself. Being religious and believing in God are two different things. The majority of religious people do as they wish to do, only adjusting religion to their needs and using it as an excuse. Look at the dark ages. You don't need to answer to anyone or prove to anyone that you believe in God.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

I am a strong believer of God and I am christian so this is disturbing me on many, many levels. It seems that Mormons are getting control of more and more regions (I am not trying to offend people!!!). Now I'm not saying that we will fade away or anything else. But I have to agree that the numbers are diminishing as we know it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Three new age churches popped up on one street this one year where I live. Actually, 2 new ones, one was old but changed its name to sound more earthy and it has a cafe and skateboard park and baseball diamond and movie centre and the works!

I don't know if anyone else notices this but just read any one of the four gospels and we are literally walking in his footsteps. In this age, there is a Christian body of believers who will be betrayed by Judas type Christians and denied by Peter type Christians.

The gospel is coming full circle and Revelations is revealing itself everyday. Store as much of it in your head and heart as you can because the book burning is coming. Christ told us that the conspiracy is in Jerusalem. Do not call anyone Rabbi, Teacher or Master. Alluding to Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism which will be the three dominant religions.

Our singular devotion to Jesus Christ alone is putting us at enmity with the world. Negative thinking Christians and other negative thinkers, who don't call themselves Christians but don't go the other way either, will be blamed for the disastrous state of the earth. The 'solution' is to rid the earth of these negative thinkers to usher in the years of peace.

I really feel like the first 3.5 years is going to start this year.

top topics

join