It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: UFO emitting beam seen by many villagers.With FAKE photo.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Russia: UFO emitting beam seen by many villagers.
www.--.com...

Found this on google news and it struck me that it was very similar to other laser shooting pics that have recently been seen and that turned out to be an artifact caused by a defect in cheap digital cameras and phone cameras however this one does look a lot better and may not be caused by the camera.What do you guys think?

A mysterious UFO was witnessed by dozens of residents of a number of villages in Western Russia on the night of the January 6 2009. The UFO was orb shaped and changed colour from glowing white to electric blue. It periodically emitted a white laser beam in the direction of the ground. The UFO travelled in a manner unlike any man made craft. The incident was widely reported in the Russian media but unsurprisingly received no media coverage anywhere else.
Villagers of Kurskaya, Gatovya, Manakhova and Terekhova in the Starooskolsk region near the city of Belgorad, 40 kilometres from the border with the Ukraine saw the object. Most interestingly many claimed to have experienced interference with to their TV reception, amplified when the white laser beam struck theground and when the object moved directly over their homes.
Some local sceptics are claiming that what was seen were spotlights from nearby mines and processing plants, however many residents cannot see how this accounts for the interference with their television reception.
A Mr and Mrs Skripov from the nearby village of Gorodishka also highly doubt this as they claim to have seen the beam directly hit a road in front of their car. ‘We are familiar with spotlights and this was not one’ Mr Skripov remarked. According to witnesses the object eventually shot up above the clouds.
A theory currently being espoused by Dr Valery Uvarov, who heads department of UFO research at the National Security Academy of Russia, is that many UFOs are 3D holograms sent out by alien civilizations: basically their version of SETI. Was this such a hologram? Descriptions seem to suggest the object had a non-solid quality to it. Was the Orb a representation of a home planet of another species and the laser that shot out from it, hitting the ground, a symbol of their attempt to make contact with us?
Are fellow inhabitants of this universe trying to reach out to us: bypassing our ‘elected’ leaders? Is some-one out there aware of the sorry state of this planet where those that ‘serve’ us consider it a privilege of power to withhold information from us and see UFOs as little more than a means to creating more powerful weapons?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Interesting. I'd be curious to see what some sky phenomenon experts
say about this. Not that it couldn't be extraterrestrial, I would just like
to know what any possibilities are and then decide if any of them can
be ruled out.

What I find weird is that it claims to be from Russia,
yet the file name is: italy_beam.jpg.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's our Gulf Breeze guys.

Theyre back!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Interesting. I'd be curious to see what some sky phenomenon experts
say about this. Not that it couldn't be extraterrestrial, I would just like
to know what any possibilities are and then decide if any of them can
be ruled out.

What I find weird is that it claims to be from Russia,
yet the file name is: italy_beam.jpg.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

Yes that is strange .I am wondering if the photo is not connected to the story as there is no direct reference to It in the story itself it just says

Russia: UFO emitting beam seen by many villagers.
underneath, but with out going as far as to say that the picture is of the object seen.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Its really hard to say what it is as it could be a few things.

Baring in mind, this effect shown here can very easly be done in Photoshop. Not that im suggesting it is mind you.

Very interesting all the same

IP

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

is that a real photo of the object or just an illustration of the UFO ?

i don't see anywhere in the article that says it was photographed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

is that a real photo of the object or just an illustration of the UFO ?

i don't see anywhere in the article that says it was photographed.

To be honest I am not sure.I only have the news report and photo to go on.And you are correct there is no direct clarification that that is a photo of the object.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Source

Carl submits this photograph and asks what it may be. Examination of the beam of light shows that it is narrower at the bottom than the top, suggesting that the source is on the ground. The way the light is diffuse at the top and spreads out over a fairly large area suggests it may be illuminating low level cloud.

I have seen a very similar effect myself which turned out to be laser lights from the roof of a building directed up onto the clouds. It acted as an advertisement when discos were in progress. My guess is that is exactly what we have here, a display laser, or powerful spotlight, reflecting off low level clouds. If the colour is genuine, and not an effect of enhancement, this would suggest a laser rather than a spotlight. The one I saw was from a source ten miles away, these things can be seen from quite a distance, and was ordered not to be used anymore as it was considered to be a hazard to aircraft using a nearby airport. Makes an interesting effect though.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well there's nothing to suggest that the image accompanying the article is tied to the scenario in any way, and thanks to this reputable news source for not pointing that out!

Regardless, it looks like the image is a fake. It almost looks like a picture of the sun on a regular afternoon, just made darker by photoshop or something. Also, the "orb" is made to look far away but the beam of light is in front of the tree branch which appears to be rather close by. Almost like someone inserted the laser at a later time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The website with the story ganked the image from UFOArea.com, the original image was a screenshot from a video documentary about an alien attack in a village of Brazil in 1977. The video is no longer available, but I'm searching for it to confirm it's from the video., heres a link to the UFOArea webpage that has the same image with info on story.

www.dark-truth.org... (its near the bottom)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It is interesting that Beam-shooting UFO's have been largely observed sinse atleast last year. The suggestion that it would be the ET's version of SETI, is also worth considering.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

A theory currently being espoused by Dr Valery Uvarov, who heads department of UFO research at the National Security Academy of Russia, is that many UFOs are 3D holograms sent out by alien civilizations: basically their version of SETI. Was this such a hologram? Descriptions seem to suggest the object had a non-solid quality to it.

I think this stands out more for me...

BlueBeam in effect?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

A theory currently being espoused by Dr Valery Uvarov, who heads department of UFO research at the National Security Academy of Russia, is that many UFOs are 3D holograms sent out by alien civilizations: basically their version of SETI. Was this such a hologram? Descriptions seem to suggest the object had a non-solid quality to it.

I think this stands out more for me...

BlueBeam in effect?

Blue Beam is a supposed "Fake Alien Invasion", that is just a theory. I wouldn't mix the two topics together, as it eventually will just risk a bunch of people in the long run to neglect what the Aliens supposedly want to say.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If you wouldn't have mentioned camera issues, I would not have considered it. But yes, some camera CCD's can act funny when overloaded with sunlight or other bright light sources and that can cause a vertical or horizontal streak.

If it was a camera artifact it would be perfectly vertical like that. But that does not mean for sure that it is a camera artifact. Also, camera artifact can't explain the eyewitness testimony.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
It is interesting that Beam-shooting UFO's have been largely observed sinse atleast last year. The suggestion that it would be the ET's version of SETI, is also worth considering.

Not to hijack the thread, but there are other cases of UFO's shooting laser like beams dating further back than last year.

In Colares, Brazil, there was a reported UFO flap involving UFO's shooting beams at people and giving them strange symptoms including leaving tiny holes in their skin and burns. The case dates from 77-78 and was the subject of a covert investigation by the Brazillian air force. Documents regarding colares are among those recently declassified by brazillian authorities.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just as a reminder here is one of those ufo shoots laser videos to compare.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos
The website with the story ganked the image from UFOArea.com, the original image was a screenshot from a video documentary about an alien attack in a village of Brazil in 1977. The video is no longer available, but I'm searching for it to confirm it's from the video., heres a link to the UFOArea webpage that has the same image with info on story.

www.dark-truth.org... (its near the bottom)

Wow, how did you find that ? A star for you, I guess that just leaves the story.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by Nightchild

Not to hijack the thread, but there are other cases of UFO's shooting laser like beams dating further back than last year.

In Colares, Brazil, there was a reported UFO flap involving UFO's shooting beams at people and giving them strange symptoms including leaving tiny holes in their skin and burns. The case dates from 77-78 and was the subject of a covert investigation by the Brazillian air force. Documents regarding colares are among those recently declassified by brazillian authorities.

-rrr

That is very interesting. Thank you very much for telling it!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not sure if I'm somehow misreading the post? The photograph appears to be labeled as Italian. 'italy_beam.jpg'

Edited to admit not paying attention to replies and just skimming them. 2nd Post made the same point. Sorry....sigh....

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looks pretty good. Difficult to tell whether real. These things certainly do exist. I once saw a red ufo orb with the laser beam facility scanning the ground. Even weirder was that before it started scanning the ground we saw it earlier beaming its light out like a lighthouse in various random outward and upward (like 45 degrees) movements. Occasionally it would lock onto us, then it would focus somewhere else. It was like it was trying to contact other things in the location/sky or that's how it looked. Later it moved away and was scanning the ground, this time the laser beam constantly aimed beneath itself seemingly searching for something below.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join