It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama throwing crap at the wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hear you, nyk537, but since Bush's Bailout has been spent for million-dollar office renovations and CitiGroup's New $50 Million Jet, I think it's pretty neat that we're going to be able to see where it's going.

I disagree with bailouts and stimulus packages, as well, but it looks like this is going to happen whether we want it to or not. So, given that, I'm glad it's not being just handed over and that the receivers will be accountable for what they do with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But does it really matter?

What good does seeing how our money, and our childrens money, is being flushed down the toilet? Will that make us feel better about the trashing of our futures?

It won't make me feel any better.

The implications of this stimulus package are far worse than I care to imagine.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
From Obama this morning. Don't worry Detroit, Obama will pay for everything.

On Monday, Obama ordered new guidelines in place to start affecting cars sold in 2011.

He also promised a broader, bipartisan review with the auto industry.

Industry officials have also said they would face billions of dollars in new costs to meet the rules at a time when General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC have received billions in federal loans to stay afloat.

The Bush administration estimated the federal fuel economy rules would cost the industry more than $100 billion to implement the changes by 2020.

How does any of this make sense in today's economy??

More red tape and regulation..

Meanwhile, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Monday will appoint a special envoy for climate change as the Obama administration moves to restore America's credentials in environmental policy, said U.S. officials familiar with her decision.

Environmental policy is the last thing that we need to worry about right now. The sidestepping is maddening.

Tax relief now. That is the answer.

www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
What good does seeing how our money, and our childrens money, is being flushed down the toilet? Will that make us feel better about the trashing of our futures?

Well, given that they are taking the money and spending it on something, I'd much rather know that it's going toward computers for schools, fixing roads and railways, solar research and manufacturing, windmills and moving toward energy independence, than some CEO's bathroom renovation, complete with refrigerator or a new corporate jet.

Admittedly, I don't have kids, so I don't have that extra burden to be concerned with. But I think your children will benefit from what Obama is PROPOSING to do with this money. If it works out like he plans (which I'm not at all sure of), your kids will be living in a country with a huge debt, but at least they'll be able to get a job and have a home. If we just let this go, they might be living on the streets in the middle of another great depression.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well Bush has tried it, twice......
By giving us stimulus checks.

they are not better, because everyone pays off their car payments, mortgages, or credit card bills. And where does that money go?

Right to the banks.

This problem is unprecedented. So all the economists and legislators are at a total loss at what to do. It is not just Obama, or democrats.

All groups are wringing their hands trying to come up with something. And when you have a problem with the likes that have never been seen before, anything is just an experiment.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'd much rather know that it's going toward computers for schools, fixing roads and railways, solar research and manufacturing, windmills and moving toward energy independence, than some CEO's bathroom renovation, complete with refrigerator or a new corporate jet.

Sad thing is that most of that money will probably be chewed up in administrative costs and many projects will require more funding to be completed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join