It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Encounter of the Human Kind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hello all,

Yes I had a strange encounter yesterday, not with an alien however with another human being but please bear with me.

To cut a long story short I live in the Northwest of England and I've seen a variety of unexplainable things in the skies for period just over 12 months now.
Some of these I have started threads about before.

Recently, there has been a number of strange lights/objects in the sky so much so that there's even been local media interest with a few stories appearing in the local paper and local news website.

I was having a drink yesterday at my local pub and decided to go outside for a cigarette, probably makes sense to mention that I was with a female friend of mine - just so you know I wasn't on my own.

Anyways as I was smoking my cigarette a women who was also outside having a smoke kept glancing at me out of the corner of her eye. After a short while I decided to look up at her and smile, which I did do.

Now, it could be me being paranoid but the way this women responded shocked me slightly. She smiled back, pleasant as ever, walked towards me whilst looking up at the sky then she said "It's a great night to see UFO's, YOU always see them when its clear"

I was slightly taken aback and ended up having a conversation about the local recent sightings which she said she has seen herself and that was that.

Thinking about the conversation later on though I found it very strange that a random women outside a pub who has never seen or spoke to me before in my life would approach and come out with that as her oppening statement of conversation. It could just be me but she seemed to emphasize "YOU always see them"

I explained the story to my friend and even she said it was like this women somehow "knew" I had seen the lights in the sky before.

As I said quite a lot of people locally have heard or read about the sightings so I can imagine its on a few peoples minds but for that women to come straight out with it to me (someone who has seen them also) seemed strange.

Anyways I thought I would share that story with you, probably just coincidence but it was strange all the same!

[edit on 26/1/09 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 26/1/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Maybe she was standing outside trying to spot some ufo's and seeing you also outside, she must have thought that you were also standing there for the same purpose, and hence wanting to start a discussion related to that, she might have said like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Maybe mate, maybe

Just seems a little strange that she didn't pick any of the other 7 people who were standing outside also

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
At least someone isn't afriad to mention the fact that they are interested in UFO's to a complete stranger enough to try and strike up a conversation about them.

Did you notice her go back into the pub after you'd gone in again after finishing the ciggies?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think some niacin is acting here(this is a bit off topic I know), but as you stated, she was smoking, and you were also smoking, so it might have drawn her, who knows?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It is very odd, and worth noting here. Thanks for sharing that.

I will be honest, I do often walk by people (strangers) and say
cryptic sentences that may or may not leave them thinking of our
encounter. They are off the top of my head, and make little or no
sense.

"The owl is wise, but the dragon cares not"
"Don't believe what John tells you, it's all lies"
"At 3:00 we will know for certain, till then eat your cake"

Mind games..

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
lol, i hope you sayed and spoke with her, i sounds like wickedly good ice breker.

fy1, sounds like she saw you looking and made the first move.

what she did is called "coming on to you" - ats members never usualy see this behaviour.....lol, did you get a pic?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This was what the world used to be like, before fear took a foothold. People would just talk to each other, randomly, confident in the knowledge that most folk are good folk.

It's not the strangeness of the theme of conversation which got you, although it probably amplified the sensation, it's the fact that you're living in a fearfilled paranoid world where even talking with strangers out of social conventions is considered risky, strange, wierd.

This is a very sad thread, the way I see it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
At least someone isn't afriad to mention the fact that they are interested in UFO's to a complete stranger enough to try and strike up a conversation about them.

Did you notice her go back into the pub after you'd gone in again after finishing the ciggies?

Very strange that you mentioned that!

When I went back in the pub I couldn't see her, I walked to the toilets and sure enough seen her jacket but no sign of her! My female friend seeing I was a little bit uneasy went to check to see if she was about and sure enough she was actually there, thank god.

But like I said, strange you mentioned that becuase thats what we were thinking, was she real or not?!?!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
This was what the world used to be like, before fear took a foothold. People would just talk to each other, randomly, confident in the knowledge that most folk are good folk.

It's not the strangeness of the theme of conversation which got you, although it probably amplified the sensation, it's the fact that you're living in a fearfilled paranoid world where even talking with strangers out of social conventions is considered risky, strange, wierd.

This is a very sad thread, the way I see it.

Not at all my friend, I'll admit I go to many pubs/bars and engage in a variety of conversation with a variety of people. Like I said it just seemed a very strange opening to a conversation, the woman hadn't even said hello!

Couple this with the fact that there was at least 7 other people outside she could of approached, and that I have seen the strange lights in the sky myself it just seemed a little too appropriately weird.

Like I said, I don't mind talking to strangers at all - I actually enjoy it!

new topics

top topics

join