It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Has you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
All I can say is, oy carumba!

I was watching the matrix tonight. I've seen the other two. The second was crap. The third? Well, the third was pretty much a cross of every religion on the planet. Kinda funny like that

I had a revelation tonight. Any mods readling, and the rest of you reading, are probably thinking this belongs in BTS. But I have a twist for y'all.

The next time you watch the matrix trilogy, look at it from a hindu perspective. My contention is that whoever wrote and directed (I don't keep up on these things, don't really care) the Martix trilogy was a hindu. Not only were they hindu, but they were trying to express their beliefs through the movie.

Throughout the movies there are numerous religios references. The first movie is veryvague, but as the trilogy goes on, it gets more specific. Look at the train scene with Neo, with they guy explaining hinduistic beilefs along with bhudist beilefs. The first one is vague, however, but the plan is there. It's exactly how I would go about bringing people to my beliefs without knowing. I would start with a hook and a worm, and then reel them in. Ask most movie buffs, the first MAtrix was phenominal, the second two were a joke. However, there are references in the first movie which reference the second two. There was a conscious plan there.

If you watch the movies through a hindu perspective, you'll understand where I'm coming from. They contend, in a way, that every religion is right, yet they're really being led by another something that none of us can see. Every religion is right........or wrong.

Obviously, I disagree with this, which may be why I saw that. My only request to y'all, especially TheNeo, just beause of his name, is that you watch the trilogy with this mentality. You might be shocked.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
[quote]
I'm sorry, but it looks like you're waiting for something. Maybe your [bnext life I don't know.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ummm. Look harder. In my opinion, the movie is more gnostic Christian than Hindu.

Why? Look at the car number plates and things like that - especialy in the 2nd movie.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think it's a mixture of all of them, but when trying to make a point about something, try not to throw in opinions on a completly different topic, i.e- 'the second and third were a joke'
It depends what view your looking at it from; personally I like Reloaded best, as it has the best fight scenes, then my my friend loves Revalutions as it's got alot of special effects.

This isn't the mudpit!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well the last movie of the trilogy was banded from being shown in India bacuse it went aganist there view of creation theory. At least that's what someone told me.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
my guess is that you could look at the Matrix trilogy and decide it was portraying whichever angle you wanted it to portray. Im sure some atheist could say, "yes, the matrix is proof that all the stuff we are told conserning religion is a lie, and doesnt affect the main picture, its just invented to help keep us content and quiet". it all depends on what you want the message to be.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ummmmmm...........those 2 brothers weren't hindu. i know that for a fact. u should probably watch that movie that explains how the movie was made. i think it was the the matrix: revisited...or something like that

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
yeah. it's YOUR view that count.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't really know what the Hindu religion is all about, but the Matrix movies are awesome. What I like the most about them is the philosophy aspect of the movies, which I think is pretty good. I like the idea of how the philosophy says that we as humans are trapped in someone else's creation and that we are being controlled and used as "food" for some other process. I think it doesn't really matter what religion is portrayed, but also that the movies will be viewed on what the participant is really needing in their own life, in my opinion.

The Matrix movies have many layers of meaning that can be delved into if one is willing explore.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
my guess is that you could look at the Matrix trilogy and decide it was portraying whichever angle you wanted it to portray. Im sure some atheist could say, "yes, the matrix is proof that all the stuff we are told conserning religion is a lie, and doesnt affect the main picture, its just invented to help keep us content and quiet". it all depends on what you want the message to be.

I totally agree- I just finished all 3 movies, and re watched the 1st, and it really comes down to what you want the message to be- which i think is what the Wachowski Brothers were going for. The movies (even though the 2nd and 3rd weren't very good) did make you think.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
They wanted to make The Matrix a philosophical experience. That's why all those religious points are mixed in, it's not some advertizement for any single religion. Neo was supposed to signify Jesus more than anything else, and Hindu has nothing to do with Jesus, note that every time anyone wants help they whisper to the sky, "Neo if you're out there..." or something along those lines, you get my point.

The second two movies sucked because they were made basically as one, seperate from the first. If they were all made together, they'd probably ALL suck. And of course the first movie will reference the second two, they're sequals!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hindu in the idea that men of realization thru the secrets of yoga view the world as a dream... yes

but ive also noticed some similaritys with an acid trip which can lead to the same realization

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
when you think about it, the characters can be directly compared to several key figures in christianity-

Morpheus as John the Baptist- always in search of "the one", and preparing others for the return of "the one".

Neo as the Messiah- a savior for the people of Zion.

Cypher as Judas Iscariot- the traitor.

Trinity could fit in as God or Mary Magdalene, but I'm too tired to attempt to find the comparisons between the two.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Just a little info:

Vernor Venge came up with the concept of a virtual shared reality in True Names (1981). I believe that the term "the matrix" was first used in this way by William Gibson in Neuromancer (1984).

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They ripped off all sorts of Religions in the Matrix films I dont think it was meant to be seen from one point of view. I think you should look up on what books were used for the films not just religious ones but the psycological books its has a whole mix of things so its not only hindu but a whole heap of stuff some of those books I would recomend you reading aswell

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

look as to how I explained it at bottom of the post this might clear things up for you aswell hope it adds some more info for you

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
the matrix was amovie that was sent out to make people think and it looks like its done its job. u can overlook any religion theme about it and still wonder about life its self. people may say the second 2 were rubish but it all adds to questions wot is life? and wot is the meaning of life?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
too bad the movie didn't let us in on what "wot" is...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
nice avatar martinez.. lol

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Bobbo look on my link that might clear things up a bit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join