It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Regency Enterprises Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Regency Enterprises is a mainstream movie production company with over 80 movies in their stable: Regency Enterprise's Filmography

Their intro credit is a large stylised "R" with (usually) blue shmmering "smoke" and a distinctive sound-byte to match. You may recall it right away - if you watch a fair few movies you will have seen it plenty of times...

ALL IS NOT AS IT SEEMS!

Try this:
  1. Go to Regency Enterprise's Filmography at IMDB and pick any Regency Enterprises movie you have on DVD / BluRay.
  2. Load it up.
  3. Play the intro credits (i.e. should be a higher-resolution version of the image linked above).
  4. Now rewind, and play it again in slow motion, if you can. Otherwise, just hit "Pause" a lot as the "smoke" above the "R" shimmers.
  5. Do you see what is in there? Concentrate on the areas above the "R" as the smoke starts to disappear. Actually, just keep looking at random frames as the smoke moves. Assuming you have a decent sized TV you should be able to see that the "smoke" is comprised of various demonic/scary faces. Some look like children's faces and others are quite large - all look at least a little evil. Probably the easiest one to spot is as the "smoke" begins to fade, you will see a large demonic face illuminated above the last part of the "R".

I noticed this by total fluke - was waiting for somebody to sit down before starting a movie, so hit pause while the "Regency Enterprises" logo was up. Was quietly sitting waiting and then noticed the image of a large demon-type face hidden in the smoke. Then on closer examination and replay found several more....weird. Movie was "What happens in Vegas" (don't judge me, please
).

Do you think its the CGI nerds having a bit of fun, or something a little more sinister? Looks a little bit too scary not to have some significance...

And on a really consiprital note - the first movie produced by Regency Enterprises was JFK in 1991....!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by styler]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I assume you're talking right around 28 seconds? I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps you can take a screenshot?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Crazy! I just tried this and couldn't believe what I saw!!!!

Anybody know anything about Regency Enterprises? Connections to the elite etc???

Good find styler

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
www.youtube.com...

I assume you're talking right around 28 seconds? I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps you can take a screenshot?

Hi Mr Anonymous,

You can't really see it on small on-line vids. You need either a high-res source such as BluRay or even DVD or DiVX. Trust me, it's there.

I will look into grabbing some screenshots sometime soon, but it may not give the full effect. Watching it in slow motion or using the pause-play-pause method is going to give you a much better idea than a static screen capture.

Still, I'll look into it

new topics

top topics

join