It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blago considered Oprah for Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This has GOT to be an opening shot for a bid for the insanity plea!

ABC NEWS

The governor said that Oprah's name came up as a potential successor to Obama in the Senate. "She seemed to be someone who had helped Barack Obama in a significant way to become president," Blagojevich said. Blagojevich added that "she had a much broader bully pulpit than a lot of senators."

So her 'qualifications' were that she helped Obama become president through her endorsement and that she has a 'bully pulpit'.

He also said he was concerned about it looking like a gimmick.

Gee ... ya' think? :shk:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yeh just a little bit of a gimmick?Just a tiny little bit?

Im convinced some of these politician people smoke massive amounts of weed in there spare time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Blago Blago Blago... Oprah?? Would Steadman be her lead office page?

Well, we certainly know that she could afford to buy the seat.

If she ever ended up in that seat, all I can envision is Oprah starting a book of the month club on Capitol Hill and of course she would have to hand out all of her "favorite things" to her fellow Senators each year. "Hey everybody, look under your chairs" "earmarks for everybody!!!".

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I bet Oprah could certainly help in stimulating the economy.

Yes, I really do think that!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Would Steadman be her lead office page?

Womans Day Magazine

Apparently they broke up over a year ago. She paid him $300 million in hush money to keep his mouth shut about all the inside-oprah dealings that she doesn't want out.

Palimoney? I think that's what they call it when a couple, who weren't married, break up.

That Stedman must know some rather juicy things.
$300 million worth of 'things'.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jibeho
Would Steadman be her lead office page?

Womans Day Magazine

Apparently they broke up over a year ago. She paid him $300 million in hush money to keep his mouth shut about all the inside-oprah dealings that she doesn't want out.

Palimoney? I think that's what they call it when a couple, who weren't married, break up.

That Stedman must know some rather juicy things.
$300 million worth of 'things'.

Boy, am I out of the loop. I never should have let my Oprah fan club membership expire.

$300 million for Stedman? What a deal. I would love to hear what he has to say. I would be willing to bet that the two never shared a bed. Just like Hillary and Bill

new topics

top topics

join