It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous quotes..what are your favorites?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well since this is BTS and a little more lighthearted. Here is a possibly funny one.

To pee or not to pee that is the question when you have gonorrhea, or kidney stones.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh, this was a good one! I have loads of quotes I like. Here are some of my favorites :-)

When God gives you lemons you paint that sh-t gold. Unknown

If you don't know the difference between a file and storage media, you should just go and kill yourself now. Please, before you reproduce.Unknown

The right to ridicule is far more important to society than any right not to be ridiculed because one in my view represents openness - and the other represents oppression. Rowan Atkinson

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt

There is no use trying, said Alice, one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for a half hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Lewis Carroll from Alice in Wonderland

Nothing would be done at all if man waited till he could do it so well that no one could find fault with it. Cardinal Newman

Only a few dare to open their eyes and those who do are often blinded by what they see. Eric Pearl

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
— Harlan Ellison

"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
— Harlan Ellison

"I don't mind you thinking I'm stupid, but don't talk to me like I'm stupid"
— Harlan Ellison

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we were, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."
— Harlan Ellison

"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you."
— Harlan Ellison

"In these days of widespread illiteracy, functional illiteracy... anything that keeps people stupid is a felony."
— Harlan Ellison

"Don't start an argument with somebody who has a microphone when you don't. They'll make you look like chopped liver."
— Harlan Ellison

"The two most common elements in the world are Hydrogen and stupidity."
— Harlan Ellison

"Time is like a river flowing endlessly through the universe. And if you poled your flatboat in that river you might fight your way against the current and travel upstream into the past. Or go with the flow and rush into the future. This was in a less cynical time before toxic waste dumping and pollution filled the waterway of Chronus with the detritus of empty hours wasted minutes years of repetition and time that has been killed. "
— Harlan Ellison

...yeah, I'm an Ellison fan...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nothing done with love offends me.

A. A. Attanasio

We are all fugitives. We have always been fugitives from the void. Whatever comfort, whatever power we gain from outside ourselves diminishes us - because comfort and power, unless they are won from the void inside us, are illusions that make us forget the emptiness that carries us. When we forget that, we believe we deserve comfort and power and so we are capable of any evil. We deserve nothing but what we can make of ourselves. We deserve nothing else. And when we understand that, then nothing is enough.

A. A. Attanasio

What if I were to tell you that evil is itself a dispensation of good? And that good has no authority without evil?

A. A. Attanasio

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"Fart proudly."
Benjamin Franklin

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
One of my all time favorites. "Those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind."

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
'buy the ticket take the ride'
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die'.
"I feel towards disco the same as I do towards herpes"

All Hunter S. Thompson.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My two favorite quotes right now are in my signature right now

and a quote that had a big impact on me occurred during the election when I was talking to an American early in the election process.

"I would vote for Ron Paul but I don't want to waste my vote"

my response was... Are you insane ?

oh and one I just made up the other day... tell me if you like it

"If the truth is staring you in the face,poke at it allot, and it will go away"
~The Utopian Penguin~

[edit on 15-2-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here are some from Vince Lombardi. I am a sports junkie and always loved his quotes.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king - Desiderius Erasmus

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RustykShade

read my Sig
the first two Quotes

my second line

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Quite apt for a site like this eh?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"Twas a woman who led me down the road to drink, and I never wrote to thank her"

wc fields

A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
Groucho Marx

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
Groucho Marx

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
Mark Twain

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
Mark Twain

In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination.
Mark Twain

top topics

<< 1   >>

join