It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Violence Mars Australia Day Celebrations

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by primal
And to all you Aussies who are so ashamed wake up to your selves, just cause some guys and girls had to much to drink and made fools of them selves is know reason to hang your head.

Made fools of themselves? Well yes they did but they also verballed and intimidated people with racist comments and throwing stuff at them. That is breaking thw law - it is actually assault. They also were drinking in the streets, again no regard for the law.

I am not so much ashamed of them but I am gobsmacked at the juvenile behaviour. I really think that there must be something mentally wrong with people that trash themselves to the point of threatening violence so they can look cool in front of their equally mental, drunken friends.

My eldest son has sworn an oath to protect his country and his fellow Australians. God forbid he has to protect these drunken, ignorant, knuckle dragging oxygen thieves who have no idea what the Australian flag stands for. They all need to do some community service and grow some moral fibre.

If you that is ok behaviour then you probably need to wake up to yourself as well as you obviously have a warped perception of what is normal.

res

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ugh I really hate hearing stuff like this, it makes me embarassed to be Australian.

I love my country, and I'm proud to say I live here, but I physically cringe when I read stuff like that. Where are these kids getting these racist ideals from?? It's just unacceptable.

One of the things that makes Australia so damn awesome is the fact that you never know if the person you are speaking to is a tourist or a resident, we have so many different races and cultures here.

I'm sad and disappointed by this kind of behaviour.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Sad incident but....

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the Aussie's and Brits have been slamming America for years for having a racist culture as if it just doesn't happen there.
There was an article recently about similar violence happening in the UK.

Meanwhile we elected a black president, when was the last time the Aussie's or Brits did that?

PS I'm tired of being called fat too. Austrailia is the fattest country in the world, not America. Also the Aussie's reputation for being able to drink a lot is completely overblown. Yeah I can drink a lot too when all the beer is only 4.5%! People in glass countries should not throw stones.

Youve cottoned on alright-I am Australian and you are right-we are fat and pretty racist........but I still wouldnt live anywhere esle.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm a proud Australian with native background, convict background and a migrated background I love our culture, I love our country. It's just a few young idiots of all backgrounds here that spoil it for us all. So to butterballs8 saying that our culture is about getting drunk and then getting laid is only just again a small few young ones that spoil the it for us all, yes we like to go to pub and have a few beers with mates and watch sports big deal. Things like this make me mad and upset that some of the young people here are making a bad name for us. Also we are a young country still so we are still growing we also have oly had an election of prime ministers for just over 100years, so by the time our country is as old as the US I bet we'll have a non anglo leader.

Also to liquidsmoke206 we are not the fattest nation in the world that study was over a years ago and was proven wrong plus we only have a popluation of abot 21million compared to 300million? in the states. So I'm not calling anyone fat but......

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

Well, here we go again. The morons are at it again. Once again Australia sends a message to the World that we are no more than a bunch of racist idiots. "Invasion Day," as Australia Day is known among our indigenous population should be a day where we Anglo Aussies reflect on a time in history when we were the foreign scourge.

Comparing Immigration into a Sovereign and Established Nation, to Colonial Exploration and Settlement, is hardly an attainable venture. These are two entirely separate subjects, which are all too often blended together for nothing more than Purely Political Purposes. National Borders must be respected, and although Regulated Immigration is wonderful, Non-Regulated Illegal Immigration is a Major Problem. Too many Liberals in the United States attempt to label Anti-Illegal Immigrant Crusaders as simply "Anti-Immigrant", and they use the same reverse argument which you just put forth ("We should remember that we are all Immigrants"). I have never heard such ludicrous attempts at justifications before.

BTW, just for the record, I do agree however that we should not go around simply bashing heads and terrorizing innocent groups of people.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

America has only just elected a black president after electing 43 other white presidents over the last 220 years, meanwhile australia has had 25 prime ministers over the last 108 years so we have some catching up to do maybe we can see an aboriginal prime minister (or president with any luck) by 2121!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
glad to hear that the aussie members here does not condone what happened down there!

much discussion arises from too much generalizations. we need to stop and think sometimes and also ask why first before we speak (type).

yah, racists are everywhere. poor, ignorant ones have em' and the elite are guilty of being racists themselves but with less vulgarity.

as an immigrant myself, i've learned that i have place in this society that i need to be within. it's not a literal place but an understanding that i can and may only be in a certain position in this life as an immigrant.

what i found funny is that if an immigrant has the same facial features and skin tone as it's host country, they would not have as much difficulty and will most likely not be subjected to any type of racial problem. i should have actually said sad and not funny.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by kuldud]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
As an Aussie, I can firmly say that this type of thing isn't wide spread. It's just a few young boofheads that are causing all the trouble. And the media always beats it up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding me!

Take your own criticism back to your own damn country, at least we've never enslaved anyone!

Racism is everywhere and your claiming a few girls, with just a hint of dying patriotism, are going to cause your country and everyone else's is now subject to a mass invasion!?

Fool!

Everyone hates someone in this day and age! Grow up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
As an Aussie, I can firmly say that this type of thing isn't wide spread. It's just a few young boofheads that are causing all the trouble. And the media always beats it up.

Boof heads....ha!

Gotta love that one, .............wankers.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiahlou

America has only just elected a black president after electing 43 other white presidents over the last 220 years, meanwhile australia has had 25 prime ministers over the last 108 years so we have some catching up to do maybe we can see an aboriginal prime minister (or president with any luck) by 2121!

Yeah but America didn't vote a NATIVE AMERICAN or ABORIGINAL AMERICAN as their first non-white President. They voted for an African American, who last time I looked, weren't the original occupants of America before the whites came.
So this point is mute anyway.

America has it's own individual history that can't be translated anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

as an aussie i would unfortunatley have to say that racism is still widespred in this country and if anything its getting worse not better.
its the majority giving us a bad name not the minority.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

Originally posted by primal
And to all you Aussies who are so ashamed wake up to your selves, just cause some guys and girls had to much to drink and made fools of them selves is know reason to hang your head.

Made fools of themselves? Well yes they did but they also verballed and intimidated people with racist comments and throwing stuff at them. That is breaking thw law - it is actually assault. They also were drinking in the streets, again no regard for the law.

I am not so much ashamed of them but I am gobsmacked at the juvenile behaviour. I really think that there must be something mentally wrong with people that trash themselves to the point of threatening violence so they can look cool in front of their equally mental, drunken friends.

My eldest son has sworn an oath to protect his country and his fellow Australians. God forbid he has to protect these drunken, ignorant, knuckle dragging oxygen thieves who have no idea what the Australian flag stands for. They all need to do some community service and grow some moral fibre.

If you that is ok behaviour then you probably need to wake up to yourself as well as you obviously have a warped perception of what is normal.

res

I'm so tired of this fragile patriotism that so many people have. Some kids run amok for a few hours and suddenly your all ashamed to be an Aussie.

Nobody's defending the idiots in Sydney what they did was inexcusable and obviously illegal. I feel sorry for the victims but at no time have I felt ashamed to be an Aussie.

The other supposed riot that occurred in Burliegh heads which is 15 minutes from where I live, was started by 2 teenager boys fighting over a girl. Even the cops said there was no racism involved and the only chants were those of "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE" which at least 1 guy got arrested for. Underage drinking is the problem on the Gold Coast, hell the government sponsors and organizes a 3 month drinking binge called the Schoolies festival.

So I never said it was ok behavior to beat up innocent people and believe me I'm wide awake. I'm a true blue Aussie my family goes back through Eureka to the First Fleet. I live in the best place in the world and everybody knows it.

Good luck to your son this would be an exciting and dangerous time to join the armed forces.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oh they joys of multi-culturism.

Leaders have known since forever, that the different races and cultures just do not and will never get along.

We like being with our own kind. People who are like us in as many ways as possible.

You do know, don't you, that this immigration of other races into each other's country has been put upon us by those Zionists who want to destabilize and break up our unity? There is strength in unity which has been our bulwark against them. I think they are pushing for an open race war as another population reduction measure.

We have "affirmative action" (discrimination against whites).
We have media attention to any negative action by whites.
We have downplaying or disregarding negative actions by non-whites.
And so the pressure builds.
Why are we surprized when such as these riots happen?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by primal

Ok I get your point and perhaps I did misinterpret what you were saying and for that, I apologise. It is hard to convey what you mean in words sometimes and I wish we could speak instead of post.

If you read my post again you will see that I stated that I am not ashamed. I just do not get the racist behaviour and the desecration of our nation's flag. I used to be very patriotic but this relaxed (due to our government crawling up the USA's arse). I do not condone the desecration of the flag of ANY nation.

My 27 year old went into the army when he was only 19 (the same age as some of these drunken freaks) and yes it is very worrying when he is overseas supporting the USA

Thank you for kind words regarding my son.

take care all
res

[edit on 29-1-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

RACIST??

Melbourne's last Lord Mayor was Chinese (John So).
His english was'nt great , but intelligible.
He became a favourite of this city like no other lord mayor before him.
Damn!! , the reception he recieved from the crowd at the closing ceremony of the last Commonwealth Games held here was a virtual standing ovation compared to what his political collegues/foes recieved.

YEP!! Sounds like we're pretty racist here.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Actually their reaction is normal to an absurd and warped social engineering agenda to flood a nation with foreign peoples and cultures that have nothing in common with the host peoples
You believe it’s normal to discard your national identity to accommodate immigrants that despise your culture?
You’re the moron, you’re infected with the UN multicultural propaganda or you are of a migrant background yourself and have little cultural investment in this nation
Your son serves this nation and with out a doubt he has proven himself an aussie because he loves this nation so much he is willing to defend it and possibly die for it (I assume)
I myself have over four generations of aussie soldiers in my veins not including my brother, in my youth I applied to join the military but from sporting injuries was asked to have them remedied before I could join
My reasons for joining as for my relatives was because this nation is my blood and my culture is my heart, I live and breath this country and I’ve lived and breathed from the beach to the bush, from the windy south to the sweltering north and I would surly fight and die for this nation if foreign interest sought to invade or dissolve or destroy this nations sovereignty and this nations cultural sovereignty
My family and I have all been appalled and disgusted by the consecutive governments’ actions since Goff and Hawk/Keating to suppress and shame the national identity of Australians, to institute a police enforced “tolerance” to indoctrinate the youth in multiculturalism, and to flood this nation with mass immigration for what would seem no other reason but easy VOTES and CHEAP LABOUR for big business and government
I say multiculturalists are cowards and traitors as is anyone that would discard national identity for the appeasement of foreign interests
You say the rioters are racists, that may be so for some of them but I say they are the result of your racism against the people that built this nation
If this absurdity continues tension between cultural identities will become more volatile
Couple this growing tension with economic collapse and you get something resembling pre Hitler Germany
I fear the day that is coming but I am certain there will be blood in the streets and the multiculturalists will be to blame.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
We're all strangers, we're all comming from others countries, and finaly we saw 97% of the the rest of the planet is not from Australia.....too bad

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

whatever buddy. Just a little bit more educated than you by the sounds of it and with a family history of military men ranging from the Light Brigade to East Timor. I am a very PROUD AUSTRALIAN hence my dislike of OUR flag being draped and sullied with alcohol by ignorant, juvenile racists.

You may think whatever you like of me because I could not care less, I do not know you, you do not know me and we are both entitled to our own
opinions.

The young people involved in the Australia Day debacle are drunken racists and have no respect for Australia's flag. If they were NOT racists they would not do what they did.

Just because someone has an understanding of what drives racism does not make it right. Nor does it give people the right to villify others who live and pay taxes in this country, or who happen to be tourists.

Our world is changing whether some of us we like it or not

Racism is born of ignorance and fear of change.

People in glass houses should not throw stones...racist

res

[edit on 3-2-2009 by resistancia]

[edit on 3-2-2009 by resistancia]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join