It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Violence Mars Australia Day Celebrations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Americans get frowned upon abroad for many things but Aussie's, brits, canadians, etc, all enjoy the same standard of living as us and engage in the same disgusting behavior.

This is about pointing out a Dbl standard, not asking for forgiveness. There are a lot of stigma attached to the USA that is just not fair.

This is pretty interesting. Indeed I've seen far more pure racism in Canada than I have in the USA. You could also look at South Africa or the Aboriginal issues in Australia, but the racism arrow always seems to point back to America.

Funny how that works. It's because Americans also carry guilt over the past. Canadians (for one example) have no guilt so they don't worry about racist talk concerning Hindus, East Indians, or Asians. I've heard comments from people that make an American racism a joke by comparison.

It is an interesting overall thought though that I haven't really considered much in the past. Thanks for that
and everyone please continue with a civil discussion on the topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I travel a lot, I see this kind of b/s happening everyday

Better-off lands are inevitably becoming melting pots, massive immigration is a pressure cooking pan.. there is NO stop..

in the meantime we all (tanned and non tanned) keep contributing to the pollution, overpopulation, poverty, by the exercise of ignorance.. by doing noting to alleviate the situation on a planetary scale

we humans are oblivious to the root of the problems, this happens EVERYWHERE
we humans are all selfish by nature.. that's why I read comments like: "this is our country.. go away you tanned people"

I see it like this:

...for non-tanned it's OK to go to poor/overpopulated countries to take their natural resources, that is called "business"; but when we see some of them coming to our land to seek a better living, then that is bad..

where is the logic in that?

we should seek to improve in these areas, in this order:
- religion(s) and how to eradicate ALL of them for good
- overpopulation
- real education and becoming aware on how the system really works, what / who is the NWO and their rules of deception & manipulation, why new-liberalism is bad, and we are still living in the era of disinformation about anti-gravity technologies
-why immigration laws are part of the problem and what is the real agenda or the reason why those laws are in place

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Living in Australia, it's not hard to see why some people are racist.
I take each person I meet on an individual basis, but, have also learnt to be "on guard" around certain races.
Now, this is not from some brainwashing on tv or stereotyping, but, from real life happenings that I myself, and countless other family members, friends and work colleagues have experienced.

Just observe the increases in stabbings, shootings, robberies etc that has occured int the last 10 - 20 years. A great majority of these are carried out by "new Australians" and it has made areas that were once beautiful and safe into areas that are patrolled by ethnic hoons/gangs. They are no longer frequented by some for fear of their own personal safety and that of their families.

It is years of seeing the towns and cities being degraded into uncivilised, non-english speaking (should be a pre-requisite before being allowed to enter the country) and primarily, unsafe areas that has triggered the unrest we are seeing.

I, for one, am not surprised at the backlash.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

This is terrible to hear, the world is evolving yet we seem to be going backwards. the funny thing is the Australian government will not take a proper stand to prosecute each person with a severe punishment for what they have done, each person involved should be identifyied and an example made that we as Australian will not tolerate racism.

In order to truely take a stand one must come from a place of true belief for the cause, somehow I do not think the problem only lies in the idiots that were caught on camera.

We as a nation should stand against such ignorance, unite as one and force the governement, and the forces to really take action, and set an example with these idiots that this will not be tolerated.

There is one Australia and we all live in it with pride and love for our country, it is obvious that these people do not love their country, they are a shame and a disgrace to society, and should be treated and punished as such.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Damned right Australia is full! Why is it that whites believe we owe all manner of material and emotional comfort to the Global Majorities (90% of world population)?

Is it not condescending and racist to treat the Third World as incompetent children?

Let them fend for themselves - and if they want my possessions, they can damned well come and take them. Just try it!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Don't forget

poor, uneducated and ignorant drunk whites vs. sober whites minding their own business.

res

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was watching the morning show and this came up, Koshi and mel had two self proclaimed experts on the panel to talk about it
all four of them had a rant about those evil drunk bogans they called them and then Koshi says "the real problem is that the police can do nothing (because of our laws), do they need us to say its ok take these people away and lock them up"
so because these liberal multiculturalists find it offensive to their royal ivory tower palate now any white people declaring an opposition to a passive invasion of Arabs Indians or Asians, into the nation their parents built fought and died for, because koshi says so, they should be locked up

they don’t have a right to protest, not like the muslims down at lekemba pleading for hamas to continue murdering jews and non muslims… no mention from koshi there

its these same liberalist Nazis that force their tolerant ideals upon the rest of us while sipping chardonnay in their security patrolled million dollar housing estates
I’ll tell ya what I’d like to do with koshi and his economic slithering suit brigade, the same bunch of jokers that gave us the global financial crisis, send them all of to Sudan Pakistan or Iran and see how far their liberal ideals last them what a toss.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butterballs8
from being here for a month, my general assumption of Australians are that they are obnoxious drunks, uneducated, lack class and have a superiority complex.

As far as I am aware, australia has no culture. Its culture is based upon getting smashed in the weekend, random hook ups (Australia tops as the most promiscuis country for one night stands), a prominent gay scene and crocidile dundee..... oh and women...lack class. expecially after couple drinks... ive seen women in sydney sprawled out buck naked in the streets while puking thier ass off in the middle of the streets.

You see... here's the thing... Australia has NO place for people who are anti Australians. I suggest you buy the next ticket home. How dare you come in here and start bashing and marginalizing Aussies with flagrant generalizations whilst enjoying the hospitality of our great land at the same time. Does the word duplicitous ring a bell? You can't have your cake and eat it.

This is one of the many reasons we get trouble in our country. People come here and feel it's their duty to attack the locals and tell them how they should live. Don't be surprised when Aussies bite back.. and when they do, know you did everything to provoke it with your more holier and more political than thou attitudes. Remember... he who casts the first stone!

If Canada is so great and you wish Australia was more like Canada I have a couple of things to say to you. This is Australia, you have no chance so get over it. If Canada is so great and us Aussies are as awful and repugnant as you say we are, go back to Canada - simple yes?

IRM

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

I've always been looking for overseas job just to improve my standard of living a bit, I'm an Asian.

I know many of my folks who've been to many countries around the world. But one country they keep saying as racist is Australia. I can't confirm for myself as I've never been there. I've been to USA though. As an Asian worker doing a job in USA temporarily for several months, not one racist incident from the Americans, they were in fact quite hospitable to foreigners. I've also not heard even one racist remark from any of my folks that stayed in USA for a long time.

So even if I've not been to Australia, it's easy to conclude, something's not right there, especially with how they treat their foreigners. Why would my folks say, Americans are ok and Australians are not, there has to be a reason.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by butterballs8
from being here for a month, my general assumption of Australians are that they are obnoxious drunks, uneducated, lack class and have a superiority complex.

As far as I am aware, australia has no culture. Its culture is based upon getting smashed in the weekend, random hook ups (Australia tops as the most promiscuis country for one night stands), a prominent gay scene and crocidile dundee..... oh and women...lack class. expecially after couple drinks... ive seen women in sydney sprawled out buck naked in the streets while puking thier ass off in the middle of the streets.

You see... here's the thing... Australia has NO place for people who are anti Australians. I suggest you buy the next ticket home. How dare you come in here and start bashing and marginalizing Aussies with flagrant generalizations whilst enjoying the hospitality of our great land at the same time. Does the word duplicitous ring a bell? You can't have your cake and eat it.

This is one of the many reasons we get trouble in our country. People come here and feel it's their duty to attack the locals and tell them how they should live. Don't be surprised when Aussies bite back.. and when they do, know you did everything to provoke it with your more holier and more political than thou attitudes. Remember... he who casts the first stone!

If Canada is so great and you wish Australia was more like Canada I have a couple of things to say to you. This is Australia, you have no chance so get over it. If Canada is so great and us Aussies are as awful and repugnant as you say we are, go back to Canada - simple yes?

IRM

And can I add here IRM in your support , usually when I see these people flailing drunk in the streets of Bondi or Manly they have pommy or Irish accents or are some find of overseas backpacker.

The representative coming from Canada should perhaps deal with the racial issues of Canadians, such as the French speakers disown half their own population, rather than focusing Australians.

People are bigoted everywhere. Nationalism is a learned behaviour, we aren't born with a national identity, its all indoctrinated.
A handful of idiots does not represent a whole country.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Why is the race card always drawn in events like this?

Because a group of people that have done something wrong may be a race, doesn't mean the actions were because of that race.

For instance:

These Lebanese who abused the girl on the beach, and were subsequently assaulted because of it.

They weren't attacked because they were Lebanese. They were attacked because they were dickheads.

Plain and simple.

Thats how most things work here in Australia.

If you come here, work hard, love life and join into the community, you are as welcome as anyone else. We love migrants who come here hoping for a life of peace and prosperity.

The Italians, Chinese etc. that come here are all so hard working and love this country.

When people from overseas, however, whether they are brown, white, yellow, Muslim, Christian, Hindu etc. come here to take a free ride from the government, hoon around the cities making obscene comments, and start gangs to harass real Australians, we tend to beat the daylights out of them for their rudeness.

Come to Australia and be Australian. Come here and be an idiot, and you'll regret it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by butterballs8

You musnt get out much.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Finally the whole world gets to know the REAL Australia! Asians should stop migrating to Australia. What they should do is stay and contribute to their own country. Create a super trading block between all Asian nations and apply trading sanctions to Australia. I mean cmon! Asia don't need this backward country.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
If I was an Australian ethnic minority and this happened in my neighbourhood I know what I would do with these drunks and you not what, it wouldn't end there with a night of drunken mayhem.

Interesting to note, it's not the 'Lebs' this time.

Interesting to note, you don't live here, yet seem to understand the situation.

Yes, interesting... more armchair inspectors. Pls. You need a hat by the way, because you don't stand out.

I happened to see Australia day from Perth's side of the fence. All a good night.

Until it was time to get the train home. Suffice to say every non-nyungar on that train (Indian, Asian, us white scum eh, and and indeed a Koori) journey at 11:45pm on the night, huddled together as at least 30 people decided to punch each other senseless, as the train got to Carlisle station. The poor westrail guards had no hope. All we could do was hope they all got off the train and we could keep going home. Not so.

Drunken violence? No.. A typical night. Tribal bullsh~!. Every damn night.

But yeah, mr masonuphere knows more about Australia than everyone else, lets listen to him tell us how he'd have a go at people, from behind his monitior. he knows all about it, he lives here and he can explain it all.

pfft.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
"You see... here's the thing... Australia has NO place for people who are anti Australians. I suggest you buy the next ticket home. How dare you come in here and start bashing and marginalizing Aussies with flagrant generalizations whilst enjoying the hospitality of our great land at the same time. Does the word duplicitous ring a bell? You can't have your cake and eat it."

I am not Anti Australian. I respect everyone and anyone who gives me the same respect in return regardless of where they are from or what race they are. I am more or less disgusted by some Australians who are so ignorant, arrogant and racist as to think they are better than other races when in actuality, they are just as guilty of being a energy consumer and polluter like everyone else on this planet.

I am here on a volunteer mission. Ive already donated a sum of my money to animal charity and have plans to join more organization. And if you had not notice, the hospitality service is pretty much run by immigrants of a different ethic background such as indian, chinese, European and korean.

"This is one of the many reasons we get trouble in our country. People come here and feel it's their duty to attack the locals and tell them how they should live. Don't be surprised when Aussies bite back.. and when they do, know you did everything to provoke it with your more holier and more political than thou attitudes. Remember... he who casts the first stone!"

The reason why Australians have a bad rep as racist is because the majority of those who are uneducated and not travelled outside of thier own country are ignorant, arrogant, beligerant drunks with no intellect. I tell Aussies I am Canadian when they ask me if I am American and so sharply, they respond to "oh sorry for the insult" I love Americans and I always stick up for them when Aussies start bashing on Americans for no apparent reason. and the bashing is not even directed towards anyone in particular... just Americans in general. I am not the type to provoke either.

"If Canada is so great and you wish Australia was more like Canada I have a couple of things to say to you. This is Australia, you have no chance so get over it. If Canada is so great and us Aussies are as awful and repugnant as you say we are, go back to Canada - simple yes?"

THE ENTIRE WORLD is built upon immigration. Every nationality, race, creed, gender contributed to the construction, consumption and development of each county. I dont wish Australia was like Canada nor have I ever implied Canada is so great.... I am more or less apalled, shocked, offended and disgusted at the racist and condescending behaviours of some australians I encountered... I hope to only shed light, not try to battle.

when you say "This is Australia, you have no chance so get over it" What exactly does that mean? Chance at what? I have my own career, money, house and I don't need a chance at anything.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by butterballs8]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
So why on earth did you come here and why don't you leave?

A cultureless boring vapid country is obviously so much better than where his ilk come from.. Obviously. Why else would recalcitrant types arrive here ?

Oh and of course we have a culture, a culture that was forged in the fires of world wars defending our land, independence and freedoms.

Ahh you misunderstand him. He wants us to eat more pizza, spaghetti and thai stuff. That way they can feel better about themselves being here, in a vapid cultureless wasteland that they've been forced to flee to.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

au.youtube.com...

If we had more Australians of Lebonese descent in Australia like this guy, there would be no trouble. He's proud of his Lebonese heritage but he's integrated into our society and is doing very well for himself.

EXACTLY. Starred. That video summed it up entirely for me. Good on him.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
wow, so many generalisations from some of you in this thread.

some of you act like the race riots are happening australia wide, in every state and every city.

i assure you its not the case.

theres racist assholes in every state, every city, on EVERY country. not just australia.

dont come preaching to me about how we are the most racist country, and are nothing but a bunch of shorts wearing, zinc faced, beer swilling yobbo's.

in doing so you paint yourself with the same racism brush.

as i tried to point out in my previous post, which only one person got the meaning of, MOST of us are fun loving, free spirited people who accept anyone who accepts us as a fellow australian.

nothing pisses people off more than living in their country while slagging off about it. that happens in EVERY country.

the sooner you accept that most people in most parts of the world are actually good people, the easier you will get along with everyone and see the world for how great it truely is instead of nit-picking only the few negatives you see.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Sad incident but....

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the Aussie's and Brits have been slamming America for years for having a racist culture as if it just doesn't happen there.
There was an article recently about similar violence happening in the UK.

Meanwhile we elected a black president, when was the last time the Aussie's or Brits did that?

PS I'm tired of being called fat too. Austrailia is the fattest country in the world, not America. Also the Aussie's reputation for being able to drink a lot is completely overblown. Yeah I can drink a lot too when all the beer is only 4.5%! People in glass countries should not throw stones.

Unfrigginbelievable.....

Mate, no offense but this has NOTHING to do with whether or not we are the fattest nation, whether or not you elected a black president or whether or not we drink 4.5% beer.

You simply used this article as an excuse to have a go at the rest of the world. Frustrated are you?

This was an incident that reflects an extreme minority of Australians. They were a bunch of yobbo dickheads that got drunk and thought they could stir up some trouble. Your insinuation that this reflects what the majority of Australians think is disgusting at best and I believe you to be a very ignorant person.

[edit on 27/1/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
au.youtube.com...

If we had more Australians of Lebonese descent in Australia like this guy, there would be no trouble. He's proud of his Lebonese heritage but he's integrated into our society and is doing very well for himself.

One of my best mates is Lebanese. He moved from Lebanon because he hates his own country and has done his utmost to integrate into Aussie society.

The only beef I have with migrants is when they come over here, refuse to learn our language and are determined to turn Australia into an extension of their own country. In that case I say "GO HOME". I have absolutely no problem with those that come over here to start a new life, learn our history and integrate into our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join