It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Violence Mars Australia Day Celebrations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by butterballs8
A country that was primarily built upon immigration and a land that was stolen from the aboriginals, this news is shocking and indeed shows the ignorance and lack of class by the Australians.

I am asian-Canadian and in Canada, we do not get that type of racial discrimmination because we realize that without immigrants, Canada would not flourish, economically as a country... the chinese are pouring money into the economy by means of purchasing real estate, starting up businesses etc....people need to realize that immigration/migration is mandatory for any country to flourish. putting restrictions on who should and should not be let in the country should be considered as means of preventing crime.... but everyone is entitled freewill and abiltity to have the freedom like every living organism on this planet regardless of race. from being here for a month, my general assumption of Australians are that they are obnoxious drunks, uneducated, lack class and have a superiority complex.

As far as I am aware, australia has no culture. Its culture is based upon getting smashed in the weekend, random hook ups (Australia tops as the most promiscuis country for one night stands), a prominent gay scene and crocidile dundee..... oh and women...lack class. expecially after couple drinks... ive seen women in sydney sprawled out buck naked in the streets while puking thier ass off in the middle of the streets.

So why on earth did you come here and why don't you leave? If Australia is so bad why come here in the first place? It couldn't be the fact that unlike Canada we are not in a recession and have much lower unemployment rates could it? I'm guessing it is because that's the main reason people come here yet they fail to realise the people they call uneducated drunks created the nation they wanted to come to.

Oh and of course we have a culture, a culture that was forged in the fires of world wars defending our land, independence and freedoms. Australia is what it is today because of our culture. It would be nice if you learnt about it since you live here but if you have no interest and your heart is set on hating Australia it would probably be best if you went somewhere else. I mean why live somewhere you hate? A plane can take you anywhere in the world!

Last but not least, no ethnic tensions in Canada? None at all, oh wait it seems there are humans living there too and no group of humans is perfect.

www.tau.ac.il...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

See the world now must forgive the USA for its past because now they have a black president.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

And you think we are un-educated. Please.

At least we didnt see fit to rename the English language, American.

Why do you think Aussies call people from the US "seppos".

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Oh, I'm a Brit but I calls it as I sees it.

Aussies are OK, at least the types we get in London. They are clever, hardworking and enjoying life by travelling around the world. What I was referring to are those beer swilling ignoramuses in baseball caps and cheap shell suits hounding ethnic minorities.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

Well, here we go again. The morons are at it again. Once again Australia sends a message to the World that we are no more than a bunch of racist idiots. "Invasion Day," as Australia Day is known among our indigenous population should be a day where we Anglo Aussies reflect on a time in history when we were the foreign scourge.

I know that the issue of immigration is a very touchy subject in this country. But, we should be proud of the fact that we are able to take in people from all cultures and allow them to take advantage of our usually beautiful Australian way of life.

Was Greg Proops right? Is Australia "Arkansas with a beach?"

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/1/2009 by Beelzebubba]

so let me get this straight, when it was whites it was a "scourge", but when it is non whites now, it isn't a "scourge"

Nothing wrong with opposing mass immigration *without the need to attack innoncent bystanders*

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Being of Asian descendant and living in australia for more than 15 years now I can honestly say that these types of actions do not represent Australia as a whole. It never will. Some of my best friends are Australian and they would be disgusted knowing that their own race could do something like this.

Also to mention that my family supports our society like no other do. My dad works at the local hospital, my mum is a pre-school teacher, my sister is a nurse and i'm currently at uni studying to join the Army to become a legal officer. We give so much to the community and we don't want a slap to our face over this.

All in all I just hope that there is no backlash from the ethnic community and I hope things do not escalate from this point onwards. This is exactly why there will always be segregation in our society if idiots like this cannot accept or tolerate other cultures and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by butterballs8
A country that was primarily built upon immigration and a land that was stolen from the aboriginals, this news is shocking and indeed shows the ignorance and lack of class by the Australians.

I am asian-Canadian and in Canada, we do not get that type of racial discrimmination because we realize that without immigrants, Canada would not flourish, economically as a country... the chinese are pouring money into the economy by means of purchasing real estate, starting up businesses etc....people need to realize that immigration/migration is mandatory for any country to flourish. putting restrictions on who should and should not be let in the country should be considered as means of preventing crime.... but everyone is entitled freewill and abiltity to have the freedom like every living organism on this planet regardless of race. from being here for a month, my general assumption of Australians are that they are obnoxious drunks, uneducated, lack class and have a superiority complex.

As far as I am aware, australia has no culture. Its culture is based upon getting smashed in the weekend, random hook ups (Australia tops as the most promiscuis country for one night stands), a prominent gay scene and crocidile dundee..... oh and women...lack class. expecially after couple drinks... ive seen women in sydney sprawled out buck naked in the streets while puking thier ass off in the middle of the streets.

Yeah well you gotta realize that the chinese are probably the most respected minorities in canada. No whining and all that, just succeed. They don't judge...the chinese are the only people that don't think whites owe them, besides i think east indians, who are hard workers like the chinese, but they're a bit funnier lol. Do you understand? Canada is so peaceful because there is no inherent "white guilt" that comes with simply being alive. People up here who cry race are generally laughed at...i dunno....i've been trying to find the reasons for the differences in canada and the states, and that's one of them I've noticed. I'd like to ask all of the people who believe immigration is so good....where is the country in the world, besides a white one, where white immigrants are let in at such a rate that is higher than the birthrate of the indigeneous population?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Heck, last time I checked Serbs and Bosnians were white.

jeez, do you think?

Not unless white now emcompasses of middle eastern appearance.

Anyway their rioting stems from a 3 year war back home.

Well thats all right then. It's great that you can discount racist rioting just because it's not directed at whites.

I described the recent Australians rioters as the ‘poor, uneducated and ignorant’ drunks

So how do you know they are 1. Poor 2. Uneducated and how would you know they were ALL drunk?
The only thing we can agree on is the ignorant.

the issue you fail to recognise is that Australian riots follow this pattern;
poor, uneducated and ignorant drunk whites vs. Aboriginals

I think you mean Aboriginals against the Police and yeah most of the Police were white.
Not unless you are trying to say that the Police started the riot and they were poor uneducated ignorant and drunk too.

poor, uneducated and ignorant drunk whites vs. Lebanese

Aussie girls hassled by Lebonese gangs on beaches every weekend for years.
Aussie girls were gang raped by Lebonese gangs.
Then finally the bashing of 2 beach Life Savers were the instigator and precursor to the Cronulla riots.
And it wasn't just whites that were at the protest rally that got out of hand. There were also New Zealand Moaris,
Fijiians, Islanders and also Italians and Greeks. These I know of personally. There may have been others.
It just isn't whites that have had enough of Lebonese gangs believe me.

There appears to be a consistent problem, no?

There appears to be a consistent problem with how you like spin things and how in possession of the facts you really aren't.

But I really suggest for an unbiased view you should listen to the words of a young Australian Lebonese youth who is also sick and tired of all the Lebonese violence and rubbish that is going on.

Its called...
why some australian lebs give me a bad name....

au.youtube.com...

If we had more Australians of Lebonese descent in Australia like this guy, there would be no trouble. He's proud of his Lebonese heritage but he's integrated into our society and is doing very well for himself.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Flighty I must thank you for being so dedicated to my utterances. It is always nice to have a following.

Your assumptions that I haven't all the facts are presumptive. I have in fact read a great deal about the race riots in Australia, the political inferences made by government policies with regards to the ‘War on Terror’ and the subsequent activation of the latent chauvinism amongst the lower orders. At the time of the riots I was also glued to my TV and left flabbergasted by the justifications made by interviewed rioters. By my estimation of their linguistic skills, their inebriation, dress sense and hostility over matters best left to the police, it was safe to assume that these mobs were the Australian equivalent of British yobs and American trailer trash.

As for you suggestions that Serbs and Bosnians are of Middle Eastern stock or have a resemblance is factually incorrect and indicative of your perception and casual assumptions devoid of any basis on reality. Serbs and Bosnians are Slavic peoples, an ancient European tribe that spans from central Europe to the Balkans and Russia.

[edit on 113131p://am3124 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

....where is the country in the world, besides a white one, where white immigrants are let in at such a rate that is higher than the birthrate of the indigeneous population?

How about Canada for starters. I find that the indigenous people mighty tolerant. They even allow you to speak your native language in their country.

[edit on 113131p://am3156 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

So why on earth did you come here and why don't you leave? If Australia is so bad why come here in the first place? It couldn't be the fact that unlike Canada we are not in a recession and have much lower unemployment rates could it? I'm guessing it is because that's the main reason people come here yet they fail to realise the people they call uneducated drunks created the nation they wanted to come to.

Oh and of course we have a culture, a culture that was forged in the fires of world wars defending our land, independence and freedoms. Australia is what it is today because of our culture. It would be nice if you learnt about it since you live here but if you have no interest and your heart is set on hating Australia it would probably be best if you went somewhere else. I mean why live somewhere you hate? A plane can take you anywhere in the world!

Last but not least, no ethnic tensions in Canada? None at all, oh wait it seems there are humans living there too and no group of humans is perfect.

www.tau.ac.il...

I came here because like many people, I enjoy travelling and learning about different cultures and being in a different environment. Why I am here is none of your business as I have travelled to over 20 countries in the past couple years and so happens, Australia has been on my list of "to dos" Canada actually has a very strong economy and owns the largest plot of oil (tar sands) of all countries in the world. Unemployment is still relatively low in comparision to many countries.... but that is besides the point. Im not here to battle who has the best country. AllI am saying is that Australians are backwards when it comes to racial matters... the "

This country is mine, *snip* mentality is very arrogant, uneducated and obnxious. It is also very annoying as well. It baffels me that even to this day, there are racial discrimminations. We are all ONE... we are and should be all UNIFIED and co exist in a peaceful, accepting and compassionte way. Hating other people racially is wrong and should not be tolerated.

I for one dont hate Australia.... I am more or less annoyed by the attitude and behaviours of some australians I have witnessed and i think its a crying shame that this type of racial discrimmination is so blatent as opposed to other countries. What I dislike is the loud and proud obnoxious attitude and little regard for other nationalities and ethic diversity.

I love Australia for the nature aspect of it... the beaches, wildlife, outback, open space, weather....this is something of a natural formation from god... not created by Australians. so stop claiming your country is so all that. U didnt contribute to the construction of its natural beauty

*snip*

====
Mod Edit: Manners and Decorum, please.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
No vulgarity or profanity:
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Also, fixed quote tags

[edit on 1/26/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What kind of a culture does Australia have exactly? I have been trying to figure this out since I got here.

My guess is:

Barbque
Cricket
Beer... and lots of it
promiscuious sex
getting obnoxiously drunk
popping out kids

then again, this sounds like every culture from every country in the world ( minus the bbq and cricket).

Oh and thanks to Australians for inventing the plastic syringes, double flush toilet, aspirin and boomerangs!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by butterballs8]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Give this man more stars. He has figured it out.

Australia needs to legalize Marijuana.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butterballs8AllI am saying is that Australians are backwards when it comes to racial matters... the "This country is mine, get the fck out" mentality is very arrogant, uneducated and obnxious. It is also very annoying as well. It baffels me that even to this day, there are racial discrimminations. We are all ONE... we are and should be all UNIFIED and co exist in a peaceful, accepting and compassionte way. Hating other people racially is wrong and should not be tolerated.

As far as I can see your the only one throwing around insults in this thread. So far you have generalized Australians as being uneducated, drunks, arrogant, said we have no culture and insulted our women. You talk of tolerance but you show zero tolerance towards us. All I have heard from you is racist sterotypes about Australians and I'm done wasting my time with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

As for you suggestions that Serbs and Bosnians are of Middle Eastern stock or have a resemblance is factually incorrect and indicative of your perception and casual assumptions devoid of any basis on reality. Serbs and Bosnians are Slavic peoples, an ancient European tribe that spans from central Europe to the Balkans and Russia.

The rioting Serbs looked like the guys in that picture.
Who aren't white no matter what you say.
The Croats who they turned on looked white.
I can tell the difference.

With immigration, nationalities don't look like they used to a century ago.
Or is Serbia a racially intolerant country that doesn't let in outsiders?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I haven't seen the photo; the link is broken.

You subjective belief has no bearing on how Serbs and Croats view themselves. They both speak the same language 'Serbo-Croatian' and they are both Slavs and Europeans.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

The Balkans is a melting pot of civilisations. Serbs and Bosnians descent comes from all over the Old World. Many Kurds were sent to Bosnia by the Turks for example. The Balkans is patchwork quilt in every respect.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

See the world now must forgive the USA for its past because now they have a black president.

Way to completely miss the point of what i was saying.

No ones asking for forgiveness, and no one is saying that racism is dead in the USA either. I'm just saying it's another one of those things that America gets tagged with when it obviously is happening in other countries and they try and act like it's just those A-hole americans that engage in that kind of behavior. Same with the obesity stigma of the US. Yes there are many overweight people here, NO we are NOT the fattest country on the planet.

Americans get frowned upon abroad for many things but Aussie's, brits, canadians, etc, all enjoy the same standard of living as us and engage in the same disgusting behavior.

This is about pointing out a Dbl standard, not asking for forgiveness. There are a lot of stigma attached to the USA that is just not fair.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Americans get frowned upon abroad for many things but Aussie's, brits, canadians, etc, all enjoy the same standard of living as us and engage in the same disgusting behavior.

I agree. We need to stop focusing on a couple of bad apples in different countries, cultures and religions and using them to sterotype millions of people we have never even met. If we treated everyone as individuals and judged them by the content of their character rather then perceived sterotypes I think there would be a lot less hatred in the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Thanks very much for that information.
Much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join