It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ man finds US army files on MP3 player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

NZ man finds US army files on MP3 player

news.ninemsn.com.au

A New Zealand man has found confidential United States military files on an MP3 player he bought at an op shop in the US.

Chris Ogle, 29, from Whangarei, bought the player from an Oklahoma thrift shop for $NZ18 ($A14.50), and found the files when he hooked it up to his computer, TV One News reported on Monday night.

The 60 files on the player contained the names and personal details of American soldiers, including ones who served in Afghanistan and Iraq.

There was also information about equipment deployed to bases and a mission briefing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Woops!

I wonder how these files got on the mp3 player to start with?
Surely the US military don't carry around solider and mission information on a lowly mp3 player??

Luckily, by the sounds of it it didn't contain anything too secret, at least not that we're being told about, if they trace who ever sold it to the op shop, they'll be in BIG trouble!

news.ninemsn.com.au

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
El Oh El. That is commical.

second line.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It actually even made the news tonight, here.

I'm sure he should have found this site before he found the media.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Luckily, by the sounds of it it didn't contain anything too secret

news.ninemsn.com.au

i lold

[edit on 26-1-2009 by purplemonkey]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
what are the rules in cases with real stuff found?

if you are outside of US, you would find a memorystick with files that would proof corruption of govt by illegal actions.

and you would place it on wikileaks.

now technically you can't be a traitor or spy, I guess they won't like it but it already happened...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Could it have been an attempted dead drop by an enemy spy?

Hell, knowing the way the 3 letter agencies of the world work, it could have been a "friendly" spy such as MI6 or Mossad's work.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Could be a possibility I guess

We'll probably never know

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Sorry for not checking a little deeper on the board, and spotting your
thread about this MP3 first, Chadwickus. Star!

I was posting on majestictwo's thread; guess he should have checked before posting also!

Yeah, I feel the same... SOMEONE should be in hot water over the contents of U.S. military personnel on it.

But, if sold to a re-sale, could be stolen! STILL, whoever original owner was, needs to be known, and answer why...

Unless it's common to have stuff on these players,?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Hey Grey Magic, that would be too good to be true, proof of corruption falling into your lap...

Wonder how to get something like that (if in fact it did exist) on to ATS and all the other good sites anonymously?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Cool theory there, 44. Star!

I understand the possibility, but don't you think it got into the hands of an unintended recipient?

Or would that be their purpose, let just anyone get a hold of it, and see where it plays out?

Or purposeful sabotage of actual soldier's info, out to the public, or highest bidder, then shadow the buyer?

Or our OWN three-letter agencies engaging in deliberate chaos?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
As stupid as the military is, and they've have some real gems in the past, this looks like an intentional plant. If I were a betting man I would say that the info is not truly secret but was planted to provide disinfo. Either way the military is still governed by incompetent boobs & imbeciles.

brill

top topics

join