It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old boy impersonates Chicago cop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

14-year-old boy impersonates Chicago cop

www.chicagobreakingnews.com

The boy, who has been charged as a juvenile with impersonating an officer, walked into the Grand Crossing (3rd) District station, 7040 S. Cottage Grove Ave., dressed in a Chicago police uniform, police spokeswoman Monique Bond said. The boy, who reported for duty about 1:30 p.m., partnered with another police officer for about five hours.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Really? It's that easy? In my opinion, this is a serious problem and a major security issue. This was a 14 year old boy with no ill intent luckily.

Imagine if this were a well trained terrorist. This kid had no credentials what so ever and thats the only thing that gave him up. Therfore, if he had come up with some counterfeit credentials he may have never had been found out. A terrorist easily could have put out bogus calls to create a distraction for a number of crimes to be committed.

This is an embarrassment for the entire Chicago Police Department.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If people can't recognize the difference between a grown man and 14 year old then there's something more wrong than just with our security system!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I really can't imagine how the actual officer spent 5 (F-I-V-E) hours with this kid in a patrol car and couldn't realize he wasn't a real Police Officer.

Very bizarre. I've seen some kids that look older than their age but they certainly don't act it. There are so many things that are bizarre about this story.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

That officer should be fired.

5 hours? WOW.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Give the kid a break, he's just trying to start early on being part of the youth brigade, learning from experience and all

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
He probably lost his chance at ever becoming an actual Police Officer now. Pretty sure "impersonating an Officer" doesn't look too good on your resume.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

Five hours....

But then again, our Cops are just like teenagers with guns and tazers - they even have acne from the steroids and temper tantrums like an angsty teen....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is just strange...surreal story

I need to go lie down.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I need to see a picture of this kid, NOW. If he's charged as a juvenile (and not an adult) he can't be shown in the papers without parental consent right? Not sure, if so what a shame. I'm really curious about his appearance.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Its hard to believe the other Cop wouldn't have realized sooner.
How would the kid have known all the codes and jargon etc.
Unless hes interested in it and has researched all this info before hand.
Which leaves the question WHY this kid did this in the first place?
Did some adult put him him up to it?To try and make the cops look stupid?
Its understandable that a 14yo can look and talk like a 20yo.
But not resemble a cop who has had training.
Where did he get the Police uniform?
It would have had to be something a little more realistic than something from a costume store.
This is one very strange incident.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Apparently, he was allowed to drive the patrol car as well go on calls such as domestic violence.

i expect nothing less and nothing more from a police force that only solves 37% of its' homicides.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by leisuredrummer
He probably lost his chance at ever becoming an actual Police Officer now. Pretty sure "impersonating an Officer" doesn't look too good on your resume.

he is from englewood, the worst neighborhood in chicago, that pretty much made him lose his chance of being a cop right off the bat.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
he was a member of Chicago's CAPS Explorers program which enabled him to learn many of the codes and things about the Chicago police force. It was a program to help inner city kids. sadly, this was NOT his first time getting in trouble for impersonating a police officer.

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Its hard to believe the other Cop wouldn't have realized sooner.
How would the kid have known all the codes and jargon etc.
Unless hes interested in it and has researched all this info before hand.
Which leaves the question WHY this kid did this in the first place?
Did some adult put him him up to it?To try and make the cops look stupid?
Its understandable that a 14yo can look and talk like a 20yo.
But not resemble a cop who has had training.
Where did he get the Police uniform?
It would have had to be something a little more realistic than something from a costume store.
This is one very strange incident.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I heard they are trying him as a juvenile, so I guess that means no picture for us. I think if he wants to act like an adult he should probably be tried as an adult.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
pictures of the kid are in this news video

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That lad has iron clad balls of steal.

That must have taken some guts to pull that off.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestink
pictures of the kid are in this news video

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

“He basically said he did it because he was bored.” -Teen's mom.

WOW. Vincent Richardson (the teen) should be an actor. I hope he never attempts to use his impersonation powers for “evil”. Like the news casters stated it does remind me of the “Catch Me if You Can” film and the true story that film was based on.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
5 hours OMG?!?! Yeah the cop he was with needs to be fired. Also did this kid have a gun? Says he wasnt armed. What did the cop not think that was suspicious?

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Memysabu]

top topics

join