It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut UFO Sightings 101

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
bskivss3 Thanks for the kind comments. It is true that lack of knowledge is sometimes ridiculed, we however cannot let ourselves be affected by that. Unfortunately it's just the nature of some people. My apprehension to join UFO discussions is based on the fact that so many of the discussions are in a "midstream" context. That is to say that the participants are conversing on the foundation of information and facts that a lot of us do not possess. The problem I find myself having is not that I am unwilling to do my own research and investigating, it is that I cannot gleam from the ongoing conversation what it is precisely that I should be looking for. So I just thought doing an inclusive "launching pad"
thread from which one can begin their own investigation would be helpful to some of us.

avail You're welcome.

Bob Down Under Like I said above, it's not so much that I worry about getting "hammered," though that is never pleasant, it is more an internal frustration at not being able to identify what I don't know.

zorgon

easynow Thank you. I always enjoy what you bring to the discussion. Your threads make me feel the least stupid of all. I'm serious actually, your OPs and ziggy's are always extremely thorough and comprehensive, and they lend themselves to the reader being able to identify where they can find background information.

karl 12 Same thing as easy.
Thank you and to Fastwalker81 for bringing the cosmonaut dimension to the conversation. I shouldn't have been so ethnocentric.

I will try to respond to all your great posts as the thread develops.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Also! you will not be shot at dawn

Not so sure about that... there are an awful lot of 'missing persons' here

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KandinskyThere's another interview with Aldrin where he asserts that the sighting was a panel from the 3rd stage deployment of the command module.

Why does it surprise anyone that once an astronaut has made a public statement that some time later there may be a 'retraction'? We saw it with Mitchell's first interview (of the recent set)

The radio show host even phoned NASA for an opinion and caught them off guard... then later he was very adamant about stating on Fox that this was nothing to do with NASA... he repeats that several times.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No one has brought up Mitchell stating that he forgot much of the time spent on the moon surface. Later on after returning he was upset he couldn't remember that he went to a therapist.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Bek Ti]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bek Ti

Got some links on that for me?

Speaking of memory...

Google Video Link

You know... that guy up front looks like he could be MOSSAD

[edit on 26-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm not too sure of the legitimacy of the claim, it was in a Coast to Coast interview with Richard Hoagland on the Edgar Mitchell Kerrang interview. It comes near the end of the 9 minute mark.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Bek Ti]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by KandinskyThere's another interview with Aldrin where he asserts that the sighting was a panel from the 3rd stage deployment of the command module.

Why does it surprise anyone that once an astronaut has made a public statement that some time later there may be a 'retraction'? We saw it with Mitchell's first interview (of the recent set)

The radio show host even phoned NASA for an opinion and caught them off guard... then later he was very adamant about stating on Fox that this was nothing to do with NASA... he repeats that several times.

I agree with you completely on this one. We're trying to draw conclusions based on information that is ever-shifting. In this case it's both equal and opposite at the same time. Incredibly frustrating

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hey schrodingers dog,

Speaking of Astronauts, NASA, UFOs and what not; you may find these footages interesting

Tether Incident NASA STS-75 UFO

Longer vid w/ NASA commentary

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by avail

Coordinating surveilance and developing recording media. The spacestation being the control center.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Thanks for that M,

I think what I'm going to do over time is a few of the UFO "101" threads for novices.

I guess the next one should be for NASA/ISS/ESA and other space agencies' UFO footage so we can have it all in one place. I think the best way to do that would be to post all the videos in that thread and with each video link the existing corresponding ATS threads.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Always found this quote intruiging by NASA physicist Lee Katchen:

"UFO sightings are now so common, the military doesn't have time to worry about them. . .when a UFO appears, they simply ignore it. . .Unconventional targets are ignored because apparently we are only interested in Russian targets, possibly enemy targets. Something that hovers in the air, then shoots off at 5,000 miles per hour, doesn't interest us, because it can't be the enemy. UFOs are picked up by ground and air radar, and they have been photographed by gun camera all along. There are so many UFOs in the sky that the Air Force has had to employ special radar networks to screen them out."
LEE KATCHEN
NASA atmospheric physicist
June 7, 1968

This ones also quite an eyeopener:

"I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. In other words, we are being watched by beings from outer space."

ALBERT M. CHOP
Deputy Public Relations Director, NASA

More quotes:
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hey Karl, thanks for that.

And thanks for the paradigmresearchgroup link.

Lots of good stuff in there for one to get started on further research.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

With the moon being so close why can't we send up a few landers that would leave cameras that could leave us live pictures 24/7 that we all could watch?
...or does that sound stupid?
Maybe we could catch some goings on up there...then again I suppose if there is a cover-up that they wouldn't want that to happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I remember seeing these vids before and someone saying there were hundreds of ufo's and stuff... but to me it looks like space junk floating around. It all just keeps going in a straight line... no change in direction or velocity that I can visually detect.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

but to me it looks like space junk floating around

The analyst of this video; seems to be in disagreement with you

NASA STS-80 footage

[edit on 28/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
SD, great to see this new thread!!!

It IS an interesting subject, and I'm glad you've approached in a novel way, becuase it's going to stimulate excellent conversation.

Although certain members may be surprised to read this, I have long been 'sure' that some of the ET and UFO events that have been reported are actually due to visits from other Star Systems. Of course, claiming this has its hazards...admitting you believe is usually going to invite ridicule.

Actually, from what I've gleaned over the years, that is one of the 'tools' in the 'toolbox' of those in the know....discredit, embarass and intimidate.

Before I forget, I'd recommend a book by Col. Philip Corso, I believe the title is 'After Roswell' (I'm sure many ATS members will correct me, if I'm wrong).

Somewhere else on ATS is a thread discussing potential 'disclosure', especially now that there's a new Administration. Although I, and likely you and many other members on ATS are certainly capable of realizing and absorbing the reality, there are people who seem to think otherwise.

The possiblity of the tendrils unravelling is what 'scares' these people, so
the lies and obfuscation keep growing and growing....

As most of us know, we've been raised (some would say 'conditioned') by the Hollywood version of space travel, etc. So much so that 'real' space just looks boring, in comparison.

Airline travel is boring too...but routine tends to be boring, and not particularly exciting video. Not that cutting-edge currently understood space travel is routine! Not at all! It's just that, it is far, far removed from our everyday understanding of 'routine', day-to-day life.

THIS is why most don't comprehend the machines they climb into, and ride...whether a Bus or an airplane. They TRUST that their ride is going to be safe.

Most drivers probably don't even comprehend the inner workings of their car! How to get through to these people?? Education.

Problem is, about five minutes in, most people shut down their listening ears and go off to another idea.

SO, THIS is my opinion....all of these people who believe they are guarding some super secret that, if revealed, will somehow cause an inevitable collapse of society....are delusional, way too self-absorbed!

I will envision a collective shrug of shoulders, a couple days of news, but eventually Brittany or Oprah will say something, and the focus will shift.

Deeper investigations into the secrecy and the cover-ups will ensue.....but few will notice.

HERE, though....is the real problem, and likely the reason for all the secrecy. Think of it as the well-known iconic idea from Star Trek...the 'Prime Directive'.

Simply put, it is to not allow advanced technology into the hands of those not yet ready for it.

My favorite analogy is.....it would be tantamount to giving loaded guns to a schoolyard full of children.

I think THIS is what keeps 'disclosure' so far into the untra-top secret category.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Before I forget, I'd recommend a book by Col. Philip Corso, I believe the title is 'After Roswell' (I'm sure many ATS members will correct me, if I'm wrong).

You essentially got it right. It is "The day after Roswell" by Colonel Philip J. Corso.

www.amazon.com...

I haven't read it so I can't comment on the content.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Thanks, FW

To summarize, Col Corso was a career Army officer who was tasked by his CO to find a way to distribute, into the manufacturing sector, certain items that were in the possession of the Army....even while while intercine forces were at work.

This was the late 1940s, WWII had just ended, and rivalries within the Armed Forces of the United States were rife.

It was a 'Power Play' at work.....Army versus Marines versus Navy. (Remember, the Air Force has yet to be cleaved off from the 'Army Airforce', whence it came.

Roswell provided a lot of 'campaign' material....

Each 'branch' collected their own precious debris, from the site....and jockeyed for (hoped) prominence.

Politics, at their worst.....and ONLY seen now through the prism of time passed.....

When, in fact, one of the greatest discoveries in Human History was swept under the proverbial 'rug'.....and the legend ciontinues, because those in the 'know' reqaliuze that revealing the truth will open a Pandora's box of such magnitude, it pales in comparison.

How's THAT for a pitch? Sounds like a possible Screenplay to me!!!!

(whimper)......

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Other astronaut quotes:

Donald Slayton:

"I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then realized that no kite is gonna [sic] fly that high. As I got closer, it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing, it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disc.
About that same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me - and there I was, running at about 300 miles an hour. I tracked it for a little while, and then all of sudden the damn thing just took off.
It pulled about a 45-degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared. A couple of days later, I was having a beer with my commanding officer, and I thought, ' What the hell, I'd better mention something to him about it.' I did, and he told me to get on down to intelligence and give them a report. I did, and I never heard anything more on it." (National Enquirer, October 23, 1979.)
Donald (Deke) Slayton, "Mercury Seven" astronaut, stated in an interview, that he had seen a UFO in 1951

Eugene Cernan:

"I'm one of those guys who has never seen a UFO. But I've been asked, and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else; some other civilization..."
Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17 Commander
Los Angeles Times, January 6, 1973.

..and an interesting (alleged) quote made by lunar astronaut James Irwin

"Look, I have a pension to worry about. I have a family to take care of, and they told me to just back away from this entirely or else."

Astronaut James Irwin
Apollo 15- to Frank Stranges after backing out of speaking at a 1976 UFO convention where he was going to "inform us of the strange things he saw on the surface of the moon".

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

..and an interesting (alleged) quote made by lunar astronaut James Irwin

"Look, I have a pension to worry about. I have a family to take care of, and they told me to just back away from this entirely or else."

Astronaut James Irwin
Apollo 15- to Frank Stranges after backing out of speaking at a 1976 UFO convention where he was going to "inform us of the strange things he saw on the surface of the moon".

Allegedly, indeed. There ought to be documented evidence Irwin even went to such a conference, but I'll bet you it can't be found. I wouldn't bet on Frank Stranges telling the truth about yesterday's weather. So much of these quotes are of that type -- I heard somebody said an astronaut said THIS. Building any belief system on such gossamer is pitiable.

It's the 'NASA communications chief Maurice Chatelain admits..." stuff all over again and again and again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join