It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lysine Contingency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I was watching Jurassic Park the other day on tv and the conspiracist in me latched on to a particular part of the movie. For those that aren't familiar with this scene, it's the one where they are talking about putting a lysine contingency into effect to prevent the dinosaurs from getting off the island. Here are some direct quotes from the movie to illustrate:

Ray Arnold: The lysine contingency - it's intended to prevent the spread of the animals is case they ever got off the island. Dr. Wu inserted a gene that makes a single faulty enzyme in protein metabolism. The animals can't manufacture the amino acid lysine. Unless they're continually supplied with lysine by us, they'll slip into a coma and die.

Dr. Ellie Sattler: How could we cut off the lysine?
Ray Arnold: No real trick to it. Just stop running the program, leaving them unattended.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: How long before they become comatose?

Ray Arnold: It would be totally painless - they'd just slip into unconsciousness and die.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: How long until they slip into unconsciousness?

Ray Arnold: Hmm... seven days, more or less.

This got me thinking about the current state of our government, the powers that be, NWO and many topics discussed here on ATS. I know this is just a movie, and hell, it's about dinosaurs, but is there any possibility of this ever being a real-life scenario?

Hypothetical Situation- The American people finally take all they can take with our government. An uprising forms and millions of Americans begin to revolt and civil unrest is abound. To combat this, a lsyine- like contingency plan is put into affect to harmlessly, and painlessly put these unruly citizens six feet under.

We all know that the FDA is basically a joke at this point. Every time I turn on the news there is some kind of new food scare or new outbreak of something. I remember seeing a thread a few months back about a private farm being invaded by agents and confiscating a bunch of homegrown food and meat products.

To quote Howard Beale, " We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat."

What are the chances that there is something like the lysine contingency already in place for the American people?

I'm having trouble explaining things the way I want them to be. I'm dropping the ball in ATS's court. Somebody run with it....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It has to be something that affects all germ line cells, which means the modification has to be done within a few days (hours?) of conception.. So, pretty much, you can conclusively rule out everyone who's ever been born as the result of people having sex. (except people descended from people who weren't). Since we aren't exactly up to Jurassic-park level genetic manipulation levels, I'd assume that people born of in-vitro fertilization haven't been altered either, especially because they make up such a small percentage of the population that I can't see why anyone would bother.

Furthermore, unless every food animal is similarly modified, our ecosystem, dependent as it is on plants and regular animals instead of specially fabricated feedstock, already makes every amino acids, including the ones we don't need from food (casine, etc.). So removing people's abilities to synthesize a certain amino acid would only really succeed at killing off all the vegetarians and vegans. Animals, by the fact that they're quite similar to us, and are alive, need to have those amino acids in their proteins to continue living. By eating animals, we receive the amino acids.

Now, of course, a primarily animal-based diet isn't healthy, but America is pretty much already like that, so in order to carry out the plan, the NWO or whatever would have to keep americans from eating lots of meat.

Good luck with that.

new topics

join