It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

home invasion thwarted by armed citizen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
im making it my goal to report more people defending themselves with firearms. Because only the shootings where defenseless victims are killed make national news.

by Astrid Galvan - Dec. 11, 2008 11:39 AM
The Arizona Republic

On Tuesday, a resident of a house on the 3000 block of East Ravenswood Drive shot the suspected burglar twice after the suspect forced his way into the house, police said. They withheld the resident's name.

Police said the suspect, Richard Lopez, 24, of Coolidge knocked on the homeowner's front door around 10:17 a.m. After no one opened the door, Lopez started kicking it in, police said.

The homeowner, who declined comment when contacted by The Gilbert Republic, shot Lopez when he came through the door, police said. Lopez sustained gunshot wounds to the face and upper torso, but fled the scene with his brother, 18-year-old Mark Vega, police said.

Police said they did not know the motive for the break in, but said the homeowner faces no charges because it appeared he shot Vega in self-defense.

One neighbor, Tadd Huntington, said he wants to donate a security system to the victim. Huntington operates a company in Gilbert that sells ADT Security systems.

It was unclear whether the homeowner has an alarm system, or whether he'd want one.

haha it seems his current security system is working well.

www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Good for him, the man was ready to defend his home against invaders just like the good old constitution says. One less victom thanks to the appropriate use of a fire arm.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:05:02 AM
ORLANDO -- Investigators called a shooting death at a car wash on Orange Blossom Trail Friday evening an act of self-defense.

Authorities said a man was washing his car, when two men approached him. One pulled out a shotgun and tried to rob him, but the man pulled out his own gun and shot one of the suspects.

The shooting victim later died at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Authorities said the attempted robbery was just the latest in the area, and could be linked to previous crimes.

Investigators told News 13 five robberies in the last week all occurred within a one-mile radius.

Authorities confirmed the shooter had a concealed weapon's permit. They are still looking for the second robbery suspect, who fled on foot.

The shooting marked the second time in a week a citizen shot and killed a robbery suspect in Orange County in order to defend himself or someone else. A witness of a convenience store robbery in Ocoee Monday shot and killed the suspect.

www.cfnews13.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Good for the home owner. Richard Lopez is lucky he escaped with his life. Maybe that will be enough to make him change his ways for the better. And hopefully the 18 year old brother will take the straight and narrow from now on too. If not, maybe they won't get a thrid chance.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great news, the right of self defense of one's person, family, and property in action. I bet there will be 2 less criminals wanting to kick in doors tomorrow.

I am glad to see the examples of citizens standing up for themselves in the wake of ever increasing violent criminals and thieves.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

You alway wonder how many lives these armed citizens save by shorting the criminal lives of these lowlife scum.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Back around Thanksgiving my drunken drama queen of a daughter-in-law tried to push her way into my house after I'd told her to go home and sleep it off. She pulled my hair, backhanded me and pushed her way across the threshhold of my doorway.

I whacked her a few times upside the head with the phone I had intended to use to call the police on her but didn't get the chance. (Sometimes you just need to "reach out and touch someone). She ran off and called the police on me.

Okie cops....you guessed it. They arrested me and charged me with A&B. I spent the night in jail and most of the next day, was denied food and toilet paper. Cost me bail money, 5 days off of work for court appearances, and 4 grand for an attorney and still only got it dismissed "with prejudice" meaning the DA can drag me back to court any time they like.

The instigator of that whole mess, the one who REALLY committed the A&B got all sorts of sympathy from the cops, didn't miss any work (she never showed up for subpoenaed court appearances), didn't bother hiring an attorney (big boobs and blonde hair are enough, I guess) and wasn't out a dime.

I was well within my rights to shoot her the minute she entered my premises but I suspect I would have wound up in some black hole and never heard from again.

Moral of the story: You can be well within your rights to defend yourself even without a gun and still take the fall for it. Just a word to the wise.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Keep 'em coming, I will S&F until this thing stays at the top of the page forever.

If violent criminals are shot in progress of plying their trade, instead of being coddled because their daddy never hugged them enough, SOONER OR LATER WE WILL RUN OUT OF VIOLENT CRIMINALS.

Do not construe this statement to mean that we need to shoot every oliver twist that steals powdered donuts from the corner shop.

When criminal violence is met with righteous violence, instead of cowering in fear, they will get the message.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I feel your pain.

I also have questionable in-laws.

I have installed a cheap camera system on my property to make it known that when I am in the right, I can unequivocally PROVE that I am in the right.

If the cops can have 'em so can we. Even though it blows to have to set up a mini-police state to ensure your own rights.

Doesn't it suck that the worst behaved, criminally minded of the bunch are also the best actors/liars/sympathy hounds?

[edit on 25-1-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Friday, 23 Jan 2009, 8:27 AM CST

HOUSTON -- A man who attempted to burglarize a north Houston apartment with another suspect is killed after two residents find him and try to wrestle his weapon away from him.

The two suspects broke into the unit at The Worthington At The Beltway complex at approximately 10 p.m. Thursday through a back window.

While the two suspects were inside, the two male residents walked into the unit and found one of the burglary suspects had a gun.

The roommates tried to wrestle the gun away from the suspect and after removing the weapon, one of the residents shot the suspect, according to police.

The suspect died as a result of the shooting.

www.myfoxhouston.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Back around Thanksgiving my drunken drama queen of a daughter-in-law tried to push her way into my house after I'd told her to go home and sleep it off. She pulled my hair, backhanded me and pushed her way across the threshhold of my doorway.

I whacked her a few times upside the head with the phone I had intended to use to call the police on her but didn't get the chance. (Sometimes you just need to "reach out and touch someone). She ran off and called the police on me.

Okie cops....you guessed it. They arrested me and charged me with A&B. I spent the night in jail and most of the next day, was denied food and toilet paper. Cost me bail money, 5 days off of work for court appearances, and 4 grand for an attorney and still only got it dismissed "with prejudice" meaning the DA can drag me back to court any time they like.

The instigator of that whole mess, the one who REALLY committed the A&B got all sorts of sympathy from the cops, didn't miss any work (she never showed up for subpoenaed court appearances), didn't bother hiring an attorney (big boobs and blonde hair are enough, I guess) and wasn't out a dime.

I was well within my rights to shoot her the minute she entered my premises but I suspect I would have wound up in some black hole and never heard from again.

Moral of the story: You can be well within your rights to defend yourself even without a gun and still take the fall for it. Just a word to the wise.

Utterly amazing how Okie's finest are so easily persuaded by cleavage and a giggle. I was working the door at a club a few years back and tossed a belligerent guy who was harassing two girls. His sister came to his rescue, big boobs, redhead, when I ejected her she filed A&B on me because I put her arm behind her back. She had her finger in my face and was threatening to get the local college football boys to kick my butt. Just amazing.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Sorry to hear your story. Too bad no one was around to corroborate your side of the story. Stuff like that happens all the time; when the perp becomes the victim. I must say, your "reach out and touch someone" like is hilarious. LOL. I hope you don't stress yourself too much. I'm a strong believer in Karma. Her's will come around to her 10 fold one day.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well I do find it kind of weird how some americans think it's ok to kill a guy for trying to steal their TV... It's kind of frightening because it shows how much some of you value life. (I.E. less that a TV, whats that, 100 $ for a good one ? )

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Well I do find it kind of weird how some americans think it's ok to kill a guy for trying to steal their TV... It's kind of frightening because it shows how much some of you value life. (I.E. less that a TV, whats that, 100 $ for a good one ? )

oh boy, the classic, "let them steal your things" nonsense.

well how about reading this story..

Joshua Komisarjevsky, 26, of Cheshire, and Steven Hayes, 44, of Winsted, were arraigned Tuesday on charges of assault, sexual assault, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, arson, larceny and risk of injury to children. More charges are pending, state police said Tuesday night. The two men could face the death penalty.

Prosecutor Michael Dearington said he had not yet decided whether to pursue the death penalty.

"I know the public consensus is they should be fried tomorrow," he said.

The state medical examiner confirmed that Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, was strangled and that her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, died of smoke inhalation. The deaths were ruled homicides.

The girls' father, Dr. William Petit Jr., a prominent endocrinologist, remained hospitalized with head injuries.

All three women were raped, sources familiar with the investigation told both the Waterbury Republican-American and Hartford Courant. Petit was beaten with a baseball bat, thrown down the basement stairs, and then tied up in the cellar.

The girls, sources told the Courant, were tied to their beds and raped repeatedly, then left to burn after gasoline was poured around their beds and ignited.

The suspects entered the Petits' Cheshire home at about 3 a.m. Monday, planning to burglarize it, state police said.

www.cbsnews.com...

dont give me that all they want is a TV crap, you have no idea what people have in mind once they enter your home. What if this happend to YOUR wife or mom, daughters?

there is NOTHING that would make things right again for this family, even if the perps get the death penalty. they should have been shot BEFORE they had a chance to rape a 17 year old and and 11 year old repeatedly and the burn them..

[edit on 26-1-2009 by turbokid]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This story is a clear example of why law abiding citizens should exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms. I moved to a new town a couple of years ago and surprisingly B&E's are higher than where I used to live (Bronx, NY). There was a guy who would drive his truck into people's basements and clean house (literally). Reason being, there are no alarm sensors in the basement walls, making it the clear choice of entry. Point of the story, I installed a 4 point home defense system. 1) My underfed pitbull (just a joke PETA) 2) The sign in my window that reads, "No trespassing. All violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot twice." 3) The alarm system. 4) a .380(always loaded with hollow points) , C/Z 52, or a .454 raging bull (The wife has no problem shooting it. So that's a deterrent within itself haha).

Granted, most people try to avoid taking a human life, but when you're in a life or death situation it becomes a Your life or mine situation. I personally play for keeps.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes, but I am sure that an armed criminal probably would not value the homeowners life either.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good for him, he took his security into his own hands and protected himself. Mark one up for the good guys!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

Respectfully, how do you know what the intent of the intruders was?
This man could have very well been killed, I am glad he defended himself and is alive to tell the story.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail
[m

Please shut up with that crap. Criminals are not shot over a damn TV they are shot for breaking in someones home and putting their life in danger. Also stealing someones stuff should not be allowed, people work hard for their things unlike some P.O.S. that tries to steal it.

Back on topic.....great thing to hear that Americans are not going to be ran over top of because of a few idiots thinking criminals have a right to break into someone's home.

BTW what country are you from. I would guess France considering you won't stand up to people that wish to do you harm.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Hey everyone, I think I know where you can get a tv real cheap! Just walk right in, bythe way, other goodies can be yours too. there'll be no protest and the owner will not defend themself!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join