It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Kills Man, Then Shoots Self! (in the arm)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is some news from Albany Georgia. The other day they had shut down a road I use a lot, Hwy 19, forcing me to find alternate routes of leaving the city heading towards Sylvester. I had heard a few rumors at first that it had something to do with a bad wreck, and then later on heard that it had to do with a shoot out between a guy and a cop and apparently... someone lost really bad. Well the shoot out was the scenario.

The GBI says an Albany drug agent who was shot in the shoulder Tuesday, actually shot himself. Agent Mark Farley was in the car with a man who ran from officers. The Investigation shows Agent Farley fired 11 shots inside that car. Eight of the bullets hit the driver, Clayton Lewis. He was killed. One of the bullets hit Agent Farley in the shoulder. The GBI also says a gun found in the median, which police said belonged to Lewis, had not been fired. More tonight on WALB News 10 at 6.

WALB Link

So this is basically all I know about the entire situation.. What do you all think?

(Just wanted to say, this is my first thread.. I *hope* it's in the right section, if not, so sorry!!)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Really hard to say. I wonder what got him so riled up he started firing like that and futher more - why shoot himself? Was it a ricochet?

We'll hopefully find out more after he's interviewed.

Good thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
EDIT FOR DOUBLE POST

[edit on 25-1-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Probably because he wanted to cover up shooting a guy that had already thrown his weapon out the window .5 a mile before he stopped. But who knows really?

This explains more:
www.walb.com...

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Im thinkin that thecop shot himself(dontknow if they know what type of bullet was fired).
Although, with all of the cops shooting people and getting caught lately, I Wouldnt put it past the cop to shoot himself in order to save himself from prosecution.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Im thinkin that thecop shot himself(dontknow if they know what type of bullet was fired).
Although, with all of the cops shooting people and getting caught lately, I Wouldnt put it past the cop to shoot himself in order to save himself from prosecution.

I'm thinking that was what happened as well. Although the entire thing is on the low right now. People don't know much about it.... And I really wish we did because so far this looks a little bit insane you know? We normally never really see this kind of crazy stuff going on. It's such a sort of quiet town really haha..

top topics

join