It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British have something to say to us Americans!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawa
The whole video is a big pile of rot, "oh no they banned animal cruelty! OUR FREEDOMS " , thats not a freedom you should have.

Do you actually understand the principle behind fox hunting let me put it in baby terms for you. Foxes attack and harm your animals, your animals are your livelihood, remove foxes=protect livelihood. And if you have to hunt them anyway you might as well enjoy it. Do you understand or would you like some pictures?

Originally posted by neformore
I can pretty much say what I please within the bounds of taste and decency...
...If I want a gun, I can buy one, be registered for it and keep it on my premises in a safe and secure locker.

First of all our freedom of speech has been completely destroyed. I believe we should deport illegal immigrants I'm a racist. I say that a non-white racially abused me I'm a racist. I believe that the rights of nationals should come before those of immigrants I'm a racist. Yeah free to say what we please my arse.
Also have ypu ever tried to get a gun license and the right to keep it on your property? Try it and tell me how it goes.

Originally posted by Thistled
That is because you are not crazy - amazed, but put the gun in the hands of a crazy person?

That is why we have to get a license and pass various background tests and such things.

And as for you out there who thinks the cames are just for crimes you are the naive ones. Do you notice that with nearly all crimes committed on camera the perpetrators are never caught (did you forget that). On the other hand they do work with tracking us, building up data on us, where we go, what our habits are etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
My point exactly. It's a good thing we don't have them, as they are bad news when they fall in to the hands of idiots.

Is America a nation free of idiots?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
That is because you are not crazy - amazed, but put the gun in the hands of a crazy person?

That is why we have to get a license and pass various background tests and such things.

And as for you out there who thinks the cames are just for crimes you are the naive ones. Do you notice that with nearly all crimes committed on camera the perpetrators are never caught (did you forget that). On the other hand they do work with tracking us, building up data on us, where we go, what our habits are etc.

But if you got a gun in your home (locked up or not) or in your glove box, a crazy house-breaker / car thief could steal your weapon. A crazy person now has your gun and they don't care if they kill you for the honour of providing them with a deadly weapon.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Americas Hall of Shame

Shame on Charlton Heston.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1

Do you actually understand the principle behind fox hunting let me put it in baby terms for you. Foxes attack and harm your animals, your animals are your livelihood, remove foxes=protect livelihood. And if you have to hunt them anyway you might as well enjoy it. Do you understand or would you like some pictures?

Sounds like an excuse to me, most just do it for fun.

If they want to fox hunt, the I say we should force them to eat the foxes after.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i dont own any guns and i dont care if they ban it cause people who think that the usa government want to kill its own people is PARANOID and DELUSIONAL. They dont need to use force to have you where they want you. You all have jobs and are like sheep, you all have questions but when you want answers you GOOGLE IT. Open your eyes , the government already have you where they want you,and btw they need you, or else who would drive the public transport, or sell and buy things to keep the currency flowing...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm another British person who supports an out right ban on guns, its the only way for a sensible society to exist.

I live in a fairly nice massive working class estate in the affluent south east, lots of the people i grew up with are criminals and i know many, many screwed up people We don't have any real gangs and gun crime is unheard off. I fear that if all the people i know had access to guns the petty fights which occasionaly leave my friends with black eyes or maybe a scar would leave fatherless children and childless mothers.

I could ask people i know to get me a car radio or a stolen laptop and they would, i could get any kind of drug i've heard of in almost any quantity, i could buy fake twenty pound notes or tax free red diesel - but i couldn't get a gun.

(note to police, i don't do these things hence why im using an old IBM T21)

How many americans can say this? the simple fact is because there is no legal gun market there is a very limited black market.

We don't want the bloods and the crips in england, america can keep the thug life -i don't want to live in a war zone.

I don't want criminals to assume i'm packing heat the second they see me and plug me with lead, if someone breaks into my house now the odds of me dieing are very slim, i'm an ok fighter but i doubt i would mess around if the guy looked serious -he doesn't have much to steal, i have insurance and all my money is in the bank.

What are mear items compared to my health, my life? what is a toaster worth when i'm dead? I don't want to live in a world where some thug knows that while he's breaking into a house some jackass with a magnum could stumble down the stairs at any moment hence he must shoot first to survive, worry about everything else later -shoot or die. Then when my old grandma opens that door BOOM.

In england criminals know they don't need a gun, they also know they'll get in loads of trouble if they get caught with one so they don't bring one, most don't even own one.

Yeah maybe some nut will manage to break into my secure house and threaten my family and i'll wish i had a gun, but then i'll pick up some form of bat and do my best, or he'll shoot us all. However the odds of that are very, very slim - even slimmer that he'll have a gun while the odds if everyone had guns and every criminal was in a shoot or die world that i would be killed are far far higher.

More guns = more gun deaths, simple as.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NY Daily News

I'd like to bring to your attention the above article. In particular, scroll down the article and see just how many sports personalities have been in trouble with the law - caused by firearms.

There are some clear examples of abuse and thuggery.

[edit on 26/1/2009 by Thistled]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Fox hunting its self is Cruel
the way it is carried out and how can killing animals be a Sport?
lets Arm the Foxes and hunt the hunters and call that a Sport

anyhow would flooding the Market with firearms make things safer
granted the only people that have Guns are The military , trigger happy cops and Drug dealers along with gangs and organised criminals.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Isn't this what most sensible countries would want to avoid ?

From 1987 to 1996, nearly 2,200 American children 14 years of age and younger died from unintentional shootings.

In 1996 the rate of unintentional firearms death was highest among males aged 15 to 19 (2.3 per 100,0000)—more than four and a half times the unintentional firearms death rate for all Americans (0.5 per 100,000).
The 1997 CDC study “Rates of Homicide, Suicide, and Firearm-Related Death Among Children—26 Industrialized Countries” revealed that for unintentional firearm-related deaths for children under age 15, the rate in the United States was nine times higher than in the other 25 industrialized countries combined.67

Not surprisingly, many victims of unintentional shootings are children and young adults. In 1996 the rate of unintentional firearms death was highest among males aged 15 to 19 (2.3 per 100,0000)—more than four and a half times the unintentional firearms death rate for all Americans (0.5 per 100,000).68 From 1987 to 1996, nearly 2,200 American children 14 years of age and younger died from unintentional shootings.69 In 1996 alone, 138 kids were shot and killed unintentionally.70 An estimated 10 times that number are treated in U.S. hospital emergency rooms each year for nonfatal unintentional gunshot wounds.71 Although the victims of unintentional gunshot wounds are less likely to die than the victims of intentionally inflicted gunshot injuries, those who survive—like all gunshot victims—may suffer long-term impairment and permanent disability.

Adolescents and Children Injured or Killed in Drive-By Shootings in Los Angeles

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You hunt foxes to protect your livestock. You hunt pheasants if you want to catch your own food. What is so hard to understand.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
I could ask people i know to get me a car radio or a stolen laptop and they would, i could get any kind of drug i've heard of in almost any quantity, i could buy fake twenty pound notes or tax free red diesel - but i couldn't get a gun.

Couldn't you now. You see if I wanted to commit an armed robbery I know various locations I could break into to get .22's, Winchesters, shotguns, combat rifles and their ammo and thats without going out and just buying one. Which I could if I wanted.

[edit on 26/1/2009 by Cauch1]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You hunt foxes to protect your livestock.

Yes, many sheep, cows and pigs are killed by foxes every year!

Seriously wtf

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
All i know is i feel a lot safer knowing that when i walk in the streets noone can just point a gun at me.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

Hmmm... 2200 child deaths in a 10 year span due to firearms, with the year of your data being 1997? I guess this is reason to "ban guns" in your mind?

What's your thought on the horseless carriage with its internal combustion engine?

Automobile accidents are the number one cause of death for children under the age of 14, often because the child is not wearing a seatbelt.

Despite child restraint laws in all 50 states, the government estimates that 40 percent of all children still ride without a seatbelt. Nearly 1,400 children die and 280,000 are injured every year in automobile accidents.

www.cnn.com...

You see, firearms also have a "child safety restraint" device that depends on parental action to work properly. It's called "education" and it is sorely lacking in this country, non-existant in the draconian countries who have taken the half-assed measure to simply ban guns outright. You educate children to properly use firearms and, most importantly, to respect them as being tools which can kill if used improperly. Just like a chainsaw, just like a knife, just like a wood chipper, and just like the automobile.

Besides, we fought and won a war to gain freedom from England and to retain the right to drop our pants, bend over, and loudly shout "Kiss It!" to your monarchy whenever they decided to suggest we follow some pea brained scheme to restrict God given freedoms and rights. I will never understand why America would ever again put herself "in line" with any policies or laws of the nation our fore fathers shed blood to get us away from. That, to me, is a grave disrespect of them and their legacy.

Now excuse me while I go clean and oil some pistols.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

(Snip). First of all a fox will kill piglets and lambs that are separated from their parents. Secondly if scared they will attack full-grown sheep and pigs this can traumatise the animals so they have a miscarriage or stop mating. Plus what about poultry, chickens, geese, turkeys, pheasants. Once in a coop a fox will kill all the birds in there even though it will only eat one. So kindly think before you post.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You hunt foxes to protect your livestock. You hunt pheasants if you want to catch your own food. What is so hard to understand.

Maybe some farmers do, but a lot of people obviously do it for fun, those red clothes guys, it's an old traditional sport, where people come together dress up and have fun. This is a tradition that comes from the same time that people used to do Bear baiting.en.wikipedia.org...
Don't look if your not ready, very cruel sad pictures.
images.google.co.uk...

Cock Fighting
en.wikipedia.org...
You know we used to have wolves in the UK, what happened to them? take a guess haha.

Red guys.

Anyway borat sure makes things more light hearted, lol gotta love borat.

Hunting, Borat. Enjoy lol

[edit on 26-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
okay, i live in the uk. I've never had a gun, nor am i interested in owning one. I've been to a few shooting ranges etc... and yep it was fun, but i left it at that.........

Is there REALLY any need to have a gun? ..... and dont say "but we need to protect ourselves" because that excuse is over used in my opinion.

True, we have gun crime here in the uk and its not nice we also have a lot of knife crime but its probaly 1% of the population that actually thinks they need to own a weapon. I'm not a religious nut but come on....
cant we just put the guns/knifes down and just get along damn it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
lol i havent read this thread wouldnt bother, but watched the first couple of minutes of "The British called - They want their guns back!".

lol what total propaganda. Or as some might say on this paticular thread, a load of old twaddle.

The british want their guns back. Im british and i dont want guns back. Its bad enough the kids these days going around stabbing each other let alone walking into school and shooting each other like they do in America.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
Is there REALLY any need to have a gun? ..... and dont say "but we need to protect ourselves" because that excuse is over used in my opinion.

It's only overused until the first time you're confronted by a mugger, burglar, rapist, fascist government's agent, etc.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join