It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British have something to say to us Americans!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We have a lot of criminals all over America, in the inner city mostly and widespred throughout; what better way for a government to allow population control without dirtying their hands than to take law abiding citizen's guns away. Well, maybe they're not that evil.

Of course, taking he guns away, mingled with the racial hate brewing and the economy crumbling...no wonder there's hundreds of not-yet-occupied prisons popping up all over the place.

Did Obama 'predict' this when he said things will get worse before they get better? I wonder just how bad.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The guy was in no danger at the time, the robbers had allready left his property and were leaving the area. He hunted them down, shot one guy In The Back as he was running away and left him to die in a ditch.

Absoloute disgrace.

So that story really cant be used to make any point that we should be allowed to walk around with guns. The whole video is a big pile of rot, "oh no they banned animal cruelty! OUR FREEDOMS " , thats not a freedom you should have.

[edit on 26/1/09 by dawa]

[edit on 26/1/09 by dawa]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys in the US BUT, fox hunting with dogs in the UK was banned years ago and that video is old news.

Guns in the UK have never been the big penis extension that they are in the US so the banning of handguns, i repeat handguns is not such a big deal.

We as British citizens are still ALLOWED to OWN rifles and shotguns.

Guns of all types have NEVER been used to the extent of home defence in the UK as they are in the US, they have only ever been owned by a few for sporting reasons.

To the poster who said that there are cameras on every street corner in the UK ........ BOLLOCKS!. It is utter Bollocks.

I probably have far more freedom as a UK citizen than you do in the US. Try researching properly and I dont mean conspiracy websites.

[edit on 26/1/09 by Wotan]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by weedwhacker

One (or more) men breaks into your home..

Do you want to use the following:

Option I: Shoot the bastard from a safe distance, quickly, effectively.

Seeing as criminals don't tend to abide by laws you know..

I choose, shoot the bastard from a safe distance, quickly, effectively.
I own a .357 Magnum, it has a kick, but I can hit a target with it from a far greater distance than would be required in my home.
We target shoot as often as possible. Love it.

?? are you crazy?? of course criminals abide by the laws jeesh. (sarcasm)

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by badgerprints

I would never shoot just to wound if someone broke into my home, you can bet they will not have a chance to sue me after. I have heard too many stories where a criminal broke into someones home, they were shot and then sued the home owner and won. I would shoot them until all my bullets were gone. They chose to come into my home with ill intentions.

lernmore, my mouth is so watering at the pics of your quail. mmm

Originally posted by Thistled
....aaaaannnd suppose you just get a little toooo drunk or angry with somebody at 2 in the morning?

Best to remove it from the equation really.

Much safer.

? I have been angry, and drunk at the same time a few times in my life, I don't remember EVER thinking during this time that it would be appropriate to just pull out my .357 and shoot someone. "Jeesh, are you crazy?" Now, criminals who DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS seem to. Besides, if I was that drunk etc, chances are I would not be able to take the safety off my .357 much less shoot someone.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

To the poster who said that there are cameras on every street corner in the UK ........ BOLLOCKS!. It is utter Bollocks.

I guess you don't live in London?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

No I dont ....... since when was London the whole of the UK?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

No I dont ....... since when was London the whole of the UK?

Since never.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Every street corner in London does not have cameras, plus London is not the UK. If you think that someone is monitoring every person, within the cameras scope, simultaniously, then you must be very naive. The cameras are there, mostly, to have a record/evidence, if a crime was commited.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Every street corner in London does not have cameras, plus London is not the UK. If you think that someone is monitoring every person, within the cameras scope, simultaniously, then you must be very naive. The cameras are there, mostly, to have a record/evidence, if a crime was commited.

Almost every street corner with businesses, shops, public places have cameras. But not neighbourhoods with houses of course.

I never said London was UK, I was just making small talk, you know, just mentioning that in London we have a lot, that's all. The way I said it came out wrong I guess.

I know the cameras are not all monitored, I never said it was a problem, I'm not naive, I understand how it works.

Damn...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"? I have been angry, and drunk at the same time a few times in my life, I don't remember EVER thinking during this time that it would be appropriate to just pull out my .357 and shoot someone. "Jeesh, are you crazy?" Now, criminals who DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS seem to. Besides, if I was that drunk etc, chances are I would not be able to take the safety off my .357 much less shoot someone."

That is because you are not crazy - amazed, but put the gun in the hands of a crazy person?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Exactly. This is not a gorvernment scheme, that a large percentage of cameras are privately owned by businesses.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Consumer Debt = you're going along for the ride.

Want liberty, start learning financial freedom or no one in power is going to listen.

it's like the current, once you get caught... hold your breath

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Consumer Debt = you're going along for the ride.

Want liberty, start learning financial freedom or no one in power is going to listen.

it's like the current, once you get caught... hold your breath

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Exactly. This is not a gorvernment scheme, that a large percentage of cameras are privately owned by businesses.

Yes most are owned by businesses, but I do notice some of these goverment looking ones on public area streets.
These ones.

But I don't mind them I know they are for crime, I'm cautious of them becoming more than just cameras, but for now it's for crime, there is a lot of crime on these streets, and they are needed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's great, you can actually walk to the evening store to stock up without any junkied up kids hurling abuse at you.

The cameras are in the shopping mall now, and the kids are not.

Amen.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What if they possess mind control tools? Without kidding, governments have been researching this topic for decades, who says they don't have such tools only to be shown when necessary? Fun to have weapons, but then they will not be too useful. If you believe that the F-22 is the only modern piece of military hardware, you are ignorant. Behind the screens they are much ahead then we think.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

man im 18 and i even got a gun ... and i wouldnt feel safe with out it ... i say pack ur self up with ammo cause civil war is on its way

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank God for the rational responses of the British posters
who wants kids turning up to school as young as 6 with guns taking potshots at their classmates ?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Mmm delicious smugness. The UK is the 3rd worst in the world for drinking. Our society enjoys getting pissed up, da is' es. Stick guns into that and reckless people will get reckless with their firearms.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by tensetek

In simpler terms, if your home is intruded upon, and you use deadly force in defence, then you are well within your rights. (I don't know if these laws exist in England

No we do not have the right to self-defence. There was a case a few years ago where an old guy shot an armed robber who broke into his house and shot at him. The old-man was taken to court and given a jail sentence. The robber got away scot-free.

Originally posted by infolurker
Great post. God help the British, I hope they can win their right of of self defense back

It has been many years since we lost that right. We were promised safer streets when it was taken since then violent crime has gone through the roof.

In my opinion we should have drastic changes to self-defence and gun laws. Ive used various guns although I and I'm not too bad a shot with them and would greatly like to be able to defend myself and my belongings with one, although I probably wouldnt get away with a L98 cadet variant of the SA80 that I'm used to least of all a automatic variant(they have some kick). L98 rifle.
The fox hunting ban talked about in the video was just a con to keep morons who don't understand how things work in the countryside voting for Labour and to keep the animal rights nutters happy. If I were you Americans I would watch carefully in case your rights start to ebb away. You don't notice at first you think what youre signing on for is good then one day they turn around with a big blow to you and you can't stop them because of what you've agreed to earlier.
Technically you can still own a gun in Britain but the number of laws licences commitments agreements requirements etc. make it impossible for all but a few. I only have access to weaponry through shooting clubs and shotgun ranges, I have no hope of having my own let alone being allowed to defend me and my property with it.

Originally posted by Thistled
The days of coup d'etat in the UK are long gone. We speak, we VOTE now.

You have a foolish amount of faith in voting in my opinion the Labour government is well known for vote rigging.

Excuse me but have you tried looking around in a city on the British mainland. You cant step out your door without being caught on cam. And the very idea of going anywhere without having your picture taken dozens of times is laughable. Even the buses have cameras on them now, even school buses. And yes that rally may be old but the problem is still a problem. Also please mind your language.

Originally posted by shauny
If everyone had guns, as i say, it would be madness here

I have to disagree with you on this. If I want to shoot someone I can go get a gun. If I want to defend myself I cant. The law doesnt stop criminals from having guns because they are criminals and therefore ignore the law. Therefore the ones who would gain from bringing back our guns would be those who wish to defend themselves.

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
If a person takes a gun safety course and learns how to use a gun it is and should be there right to have one.

Totally agree with you on this.

[edit on 26/1/2009 by Cauch1]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join