It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you think $45 for a bra is crazy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by josephine

Walmart is where I go also. I have a large size and they always have whatever I am lookin for for about 20 bucks and less.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Greenize

A&F sell boxers for over $50 a pair. I do think someone is making a huge profit, as they seem to sell quite well. I also can't see spending that kind of money for underwear.

50 dollars for drawers?
Nope nope nope.
I'll go commando.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

fruit of the loom boxers, 3 pack - $15 at kmart on sale.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I always pay around $45 for my bra.....unless it's on sale.....
I always pay this.....for my over the shoulder boulder holder!

Some shops don't carry my size.....so I usually don't have any other option.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i think there should be a boycott of all bras until the price comes down.i will sopport any action like this. i promise not to wear boxers if you all promise to stop wearing bras i promise

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That is what I would of told my boys if they were shoppers there, but they are happy with their SpongeBob Squarepants and other assorted boxers.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Boxers only have to come in about three varieties, for wasteband sizes. They're also a pretty simple shape to sew; with only about seven seams.

I'm afraid ladies get the raw end of the deal here. Bras need to come in more varieties than S, M, L.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I definatly agree. I would never pay that much for a bra. Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I remember getting boxers one time at that price. But I have to admit they were for novelty purposes. Hahah the trouble I got into wearing them were so worth it in the end.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, at VS they'll also fit you for a bra, ensure it is exactly the right size, and really take effort to make sure it works for you. (or so I'm told, sadly, I didn't get to participate in this little exercise...hehe...
)

That's what you're paying for there...I get my wife gift certificates for that store occassionally, as otherwise, she'd never pay that much for a bra, but after she told me about the experience she had helping out a friend get fitted (she had err uhmm...grown a bit), I was ok with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

it depends on your bust really. The bigger you are the more support you need. If you are really busty, you need a very well fitting bra, it even has to be fitted professionaly, or it can cause back,shoulder, problems.

The contours determine how well you look. The hold, support, shape, and lift. Quite amazing for a little garment.

45 actually isn't all that bad. And look how long bras last you. they are the only items you wear every day for 12 hours a day or more.

A well fitted bra is crucial for women.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Erm, I suppose it is; although I can't say that I've ever purchased a bra.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen I have great news to report!! For Valentines day, my husband went and bought the 45.00 VS bra for me! Now the four of us are happy! I can now tell the two lesser brands goodbye and thanks for the mammories!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
With the limited sources of bras in my size (thank god for the internet), I would consider a $45 bra a relatively cheap one. I can get bras for that price, but they aren't very pretty and I like pretty when it comes to underwear.

The most I've ever spent for a bra was $135 and I bought two because they fit so well.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Wow! Now that makes me feel like a cheapskate!! LOL I do like pretty as well, but I normally save those for home use!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Trust me, I don't like having to spend that much. I'd much rather buy a bra and have money left over for shoes. Not that I won't get the shoes too, but I'd save a lot of money....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join