It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you think $45 for a bra is crazy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I went into a store the other with the thought of getting new bra. I had bought one at this store before and it was very comfortable,which ladies as we all know can be a real problem, but I nearly fell out at how much they had gone up in price!!
Come on its underwear! Would a man go into a store and pay $45.00 for a pair of boxers?
Maybe its just me, but I didn't buy one. I think its ridiculous!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Would a man go into a store and pay $45.00 for a pair of boxers?

Depends, are they silk?

If so probably, but not normally no.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

If silk or something fancy, I might could see it.
Same with the bra, but it isn't fancy at all, just a plain white, no lace, no frills bra...not even what could be classified as sexy!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What bra is it? Do you have a link to the brand and model, I must admit my curiosity is tempted.

Does it have a concealed holster for a derringer?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Yes, what ADVISOR said.

And don't forget to include the size.

You know, so we can calculate fabric costs.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

It is a VS brand. And you would think that it would have something special about it! I have to admit, it is the most comfortable bra that I have ever worn, and maybe I am a cheapskate, but I couldn't for the life me make myself buy one this time! At that price it should come with the holster and a 12 pack!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Sorry, way too expensive.

You aren't paying for the bra; you are paying for the name brand on the tag.

I will be the first to admit that a comfortable bra is a greatly important thing to us women, but there are bras out there that are comfortable, look good, feel good, and aren't so freaking expensive.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I paid $45 for a Bra ONCE. But it was a dire emergency. I needed something strapless, and it was the ONLY one they had in my size (No SDog, you don't need to know the size
).

It was either that, or, well you know the alternative. The dress I was wearing did not really call for a bra with straps, or for me going sans le support.

Bras have gone up. In Canada we have a chain of stores called La Senza (They got bought out by VS last year), and their bras are usually pretty reasonable. Every so often they'll have 3 for $36. But once in a while, you pay full price about $18.50++.

What gets me, is at the end of the year, they slash all the prices down SO much, and a bra you would've paid an arm, a leg, and your left small toe for - is only about $8.00. I was so mad when I saw the strapless bra I bought, marked down so much.

You are definitely paying for the name. For the Design. ETC. What really irks me, is now they've changed the cut on the standard cotton bra, (they used to have awesome support and wires that stuck close to your chest), but now, the wires stick out in the front like an inch, defeating the purpose of them in the first place. You really do have to get fitted and sized in order to find the right bra, even if they look the same - they probably aren't.

Advisor - I paid $35 for my Holster Bra. But, the strap broke...now, where is that Safety Pin?

- Carrot

[edit on 1/25/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You know what? If I couldn't find a bra that fit and then I finally was able to, I'd pay up to $100 for it. Luckily I have found a few great ones by wonderbra that are awesome, and substantially less than my absolute cost threshold. Unfortunately in the US wonderbra doesn't have the same models as it does in Canada so you're stuck with what you can find.

But my point is, a well fitting bra is close to priceless.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
You know what? If I couldn't find a bra that fit and then I finally was able to, I'd pay up to $100 for it. Luckily I have found a few great ones by wonderbra that are awesome, and substantially less than my absolute cost threshold. Unfortunately in the US wonderbra doesn't have the same models as it does in Canada so you're stuck with what you can find.

But my point is, a well fitting bra is close to priceless.

What she said. My size is nearly impossible to find at all, so finding a comfortable version in the right size is invaluable.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i buy my bras at walmart, about 10 to 15 bucks a piece, they have different colors and textures. they fit fine. maybe u should go there?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Does it come "pre-warmed" for that price?

Nnnnnnice...mmmmmmm, toasty!

[edit on 26/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A&F sell boxers for over $50 a pair. I do think someone is making a huge profit, as they seem to sell quite well. I also can't see spending that kind of money for underwear.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't think my GF would think twice about paying 45 bones for a bra, as long as it was my money.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

.......Well, when you put it that way...

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And just in case you lose one ...

* who formated that as an avy?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
lol Oh goodness you would hate to see my bra draw! i really do spend way to much on them and its pretty annoying, I just don't get the push lol i like in the cheaper ones, though i really should try as many friends are telling me that the cheaper ones are getting pretty good,

my last bra was about £30 so about $60 and i cant keep paying out that much!

Im going to go looking for others to try the cheaper ones, I guess you just get in a habit of buying a brand and then they have you hooked,

Sadly i kinda was always told you needed a good bra so in later life they would not umm drop south lol so i payed more to get the quality,

Goodness how wierd talking about our bras on BTS

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
lol Oh goodness you would hate to see my bra draw!

Prove it! Photo's please.

(he he!)

[edit on 26/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Trust me, I have bought bras at wal-mart, its just that when you are endowed, its hard to find a good one.
Since refusing to pay 45 bucks for the one that I know I love as far as comfort and support, I have bought two others. One at Kohl's and one at Penneys... all I can say is....crap I should have dropped the money and got the one I wanted!! :bash:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hate is a very strong word. But I HATE bras.

I am short with a high waist and big boobs. I've never found a comfortable bra no matter what it costs.

In the early 70's when I was a hippie I ditched my bras and very seldom wear one.

I have friends that have worn bras all their lives and I didn't start drooping any faster than they did.

I would give anything to find a comfortable bra as I always wear one to work out at the gym It hurts but I take it off on my way home. No way I'm going to work out without one.

So, yes a good, comfortable bra is priceless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join